Writing for Publication Discussion

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Writing for Publication Discussion

Post by Raneth »

So does anyone else here have a dream to get published one day? Or has been published already? I can't be the only one here who writes to try to get published, right?

I figured I'd start a topic for those of us who are trying to write for publication to discuss the ups and downs, and share experiences. What genres do you write? Do you have any completed manuscripts? How long have you been writing, and what are you working on now?

As for me, I've completed three novels, two of which are currently roaming the slush piles at various agencies or E-book publishing houses. One is a YA fantasy and the other is a, erm, adult M/M romance (Don't judge!). The other novel-my first-is in the editing bin, although I doubt it will ever be good enough for publication. I wrote it back when I thought every idea I had was genius. Newflash-it wasn't. :facepalm:

As for current stories-oh boy, so many. I need to write for an apocalyptic story call for an anthology over at Samhain. I doubt it will get picked, but it's always worth a try, and I will have a complete short story out of it.

I've been trying to get published for over a year now, and have been rejected over a hundred times-but it's not stopping me, at least not yet.

So what about you guys? Anyone else out there have experiences to share? Or is this a dumb topic?
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Android
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: Writing for Publication Discussion

Post by Android »

Well, I'm planning to be a vetrinarian. I love animals! :angel:

Yet, I would like to write books on the side and get them published. I'm a teenager who loves to read. Except, I am mostly a fantasy writer. My first shot at a realistic fiction novel was not too long ago. In fact, it's the story I made on MagiStream: Make These Moments Last Forever. I have worked on my grammar and detail over the past few years and have improved greatly.

My english teacher says I would make a great full-time author, but I want to be a part-time author. In fact, my main priority is to be a vetrinarian and being an author is something to fall back on when I retire. :tard:

As for one of my books to me published... That would be awesome! Except the chances of one of my books being published at my age are slim. :headdesk:
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Re: Writing for Publication Discussion

Post by Lunaheart »

I would like to publish a book one day. I have my friend read it when they can and they say they love it.

It started when I was young. I wrote the idea of the story and then actually wrote the story on sheets of lined paper. I put it in a folder after twenty or so written pages and left it there for years. When I was cleaning I found it in a drawer. I pulled it out and read it. I laughed so hard because I was so young when I wrote it but it was quite good. I started typing up the first few lines and got another idea for the story and ditched the old one.

So the story began to unfold dramatically and it was good. I got up to fifty pages and let my friend read it. They liked it and I wrote more and let her read it. I got up to seventy-one pages when I started to re-read it. I like the premise of the story, but I didn't like how much information and action it lacked.

Now I am re-writing it with more action, information, and a WAY better idea. The origonal story was my inspiration. My friend's critisism was my motivation. My own re-reading of the story was the final idea that popped into my head.

Now this story has a better idea being written into it and it will be very good. I will not post it here for I am VERY protective of this story. The only person that has read this story is my friend and so far, they are the only one that will read it until I finish it.

Problem is I get writer's block and inspiration quite frequently and it jumbles my mind up so bad that I have to stop and write one of my other books.

One day I hope to publish this book and a few other.

I'm not going to lie but I have over thirteen books I am currently writting and probably more on my other PC. So yes, I would like to publish some books and when I do, I will post in this form yelling I GOT MY FREAKING BOOK PUBLISHED!!! :D :lol:

Trust me, you will know.

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.
Sarge is one of my Keep Guardians along with Durakro.

ImageImage
AT&T Link

Return to “Tea House”