How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Revan »

@Rosehill

I think what CinnaminDraconna said about this:
Gender Change Potion - optional, since we can get this by breeding donec fish
Breeding Cooldown Potion - optional, since we can get this by breeding donec fish
Breeding Restoration Potion
Box of Chocolates
Fine Tuning Glass
Sun Shard
Moon Shard
would be good for black market bags.

For some reason I am recalling bags being 800g at one point. Can't decide if that was for something else or if my memory is simply faulty. :derp: I do agree that 1,010 for the crafting items that can be obtained for free is pretty steep. It's the reason I don't buy bags anymore. I need gender and breeding potions, not crafting materials. Bags are easier than breeding hundreds of donec fish IMO.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

Rosehill wrote: March 17th, 2024, 4:22:30 pm
CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 17th, 2024, 4:13:08 pm
Rosehill wrote: March 17th, 2024, 3:15:27 pm So, what would be the things you'd expect to appear in the Mystery bag? Only things that cannot be obtained by any other means (which, when it comes down to it, basically is everything that's in the bags)? Would you prefer to not get e.g., gender change potions from the bag either? :orly:

As the Black Market overall, and from the beginning, is more exclusive by its nature, the Mystery Bags' idea is to also give things that can be otherwise obtained, but take more time or effort, if gotten by other means. Those who prefer to spend gold instead of time can benefit from the bags giving those things.
Should be available in every mystery bag/box/whatever
Gender Change Potion - optional, since we can get this by breeding donec fish
Breeding Cooldown Potion - optional, since we can get this by breeding donec fish
Breeding Restoration Potion
Box of Chocolates
Fine Tuning Glass
Sun Shard
Moon Shard

Should be available near/at Valentine's Day
Plushie Starfish with a Heart
Dark Fudge with a Candied Black Rose
Lemon Saltwater Taffy
Caramel Nut Cluster
Swirled Milk and White Chocolate Treat

Should be available near/at Winter event
Gryphon Carving
Giant Snowflake
Pawprint Sapphire
Smoke Pearl

Should be available near/at Spring event
Chupacabra Cookie
Elephant Snail Cookie
Nulorn Cookie
Latifra Beast Cookie
Rabbitsune Cookie
Koi Fish Cookie
Puvia Cookie

Should be available near/at Halloween event
Pumpkin Carving Kit
Bone Venom
Poison Fang
Dusky Potion

Should be available near/at Harvest event
Orange Dried Corn
Purple Dried Corn

And the price of the bags needs to reflect the current gold issue, as in they need to be MUCH cheaper. 1,010 gold for only 1 item is ridiculous; we are supposedly living in a Keep FULL of magi, magical items should be in abundance.. not as rare as a Fabergé egg.
My question was specifically about the Black Market's bag, as in what would you expect to see there?

Many of the things you've listed have been and will be available by other means, that are not limited to the Black Market or don't rely on a chance-based mechanic like the bags.
Personally i usually get the bags for gender potions (because male fish hate me), fine tuning glasses and moon shards mostly and occasionally the chocolates because they are awesome if i want to hatch something to get a low %. I would love to see some of the item variant/parentless hybrid items posted above in the bags even if it is just at a rarer rate. Not a fan of the craftable items in the bags either especially since i don't like to breed my creatures so have no use for the breeding enchancer potions (thats personal preference though) and they are easily obtainable through other means.

*also i would 100% throw all my gold at the bags if we had some kind of a potion to set a frozen egg or hatchling at 0%. Like the fine tuning glass but always 0.00%* :lol:

I do think the black market bags are reasonable already though even if the item is rng at least you always get an item unlike the drinks
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Rosehill wrote: March 17th, 2024, 3:15:27 pm
Airasyraye wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:31:31 pm
CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 17th, 2024, 9:56:56 am Yep, too expensive.. and it's got the new crafting stuff in it. Not wasting my gold on something I can get for free just for breeding. Crafting stuff should NOT be in the mystery bags at all, IMO.
Hard agree. I really dislike free items showing up in a thing that's specific to give folks stuff they can't get elsewhere, or are really hard to get. That just comes off as forced gold loss to me. I know there's a hopeful economy fix coming up, but still.
So, what would be the things you'd expect to appear in the Mystery bag? Only things that cannot be obtained by any other means (which, when it comes down to it, basically is everything that's in the bags)? Would you prefer to not get e.g., gender change potions from the bag either? :orly:

As the Black Market overall, and from the beginning, is more exclusive by its nature, the Mystery Bags' idea is to also give things that can be otherwise obtained, but take more time or effort, if gotten by other means. Those who prefer to spend gold instead of time can benefit from the bags giving those things.
Ultimately, you can do whatever you want. It's your site, or you do the work, or both. But, I did say, things that can't be gotten elsewhere *or are really hard to get.* I guess it's subjective on what's really hard to get, but gender potions take 2 donec eggs, which take up 2 of 5 of your egg slots and need to be hatched. On top of that, you can *only* use donecs, and the egg can turn out female. Then on top of that, you have to wait 3 days to breed a pairing again, unless you use your breeding cooldown potion from a female egg, which then can't be used on another pairing.

All that's quite a bit harder than breeding some life creatures together and some hybrid creatures together to get the life vials and cross stones respectively, especially since any pairing of those types will work, to my knowledge. Not just, say, only life element prism foxes and only manticore hybrids. I barely breed and I have 28 crossing stone and did have like 5 or something life vials before I combined them.

To spend 1010 gold in a bad economy to get something I can get three dozen of right this minute if I went and bred all my available pairs, just doesn't sit right with me.

Still, I'm sorry if I upset you.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

My question was specifically about the Black Market's bag, as in what would you expect to see there?

Many of the things you've listed have been and will be available by other means, that are not limited to the Black Market or don't rely on a chance-based mechanic like the bags.
"Have Been" being the key term..
The V'day things were only available in 2014
The Winter items were only available in 2015
The cookies haven't been available since 2020
Dusky Potion - Halloween Shop 2015
Bone Venom - Halloween Shop 2016
Poison Fang - a drink at Remy's 2018
Pumpkin Carving Kit - Halloween Shop 2020

The other things have been available more recently, but whether from a bag, special shop or Remy's they still aren't available all the time. So we have no way to obtain them on a semi-regular basis.. which is the point I'm trying to make. If the special shops aren't going to be around and all we have is the Black Market, I'd like to see the event items available in the bags during the appropriate events.

Crafting items 'are always available if you take the time to obtain them'.. I will be trying to max out my crafting items the hard way, so I can avoid spending gold on bags and just getting crafting items that I don't want. I will however be spending my gold on the parentless ammit hybrids in this BM. 80k is still a lot tho and I'm under 250k.. I've gone down a ranking in the wealth bracket now and it only took 17 days. If that isn't proof that prices need to come down, I don't know what is.
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 17th, 2024, 5:03:04 pm

"Have Been" being the key term..
The V'day things were only available in 2014
The Winter items were only available in 2015
The cookies haven't been available since 2020
Dusky Potion - Halloween Shop 2015
Bone Venom - Halloween Shop 2016
Poison Fang - a drink at Remy's 2018
Pumpkin Carving Kit - Halloween Shop 2020

The other things have been available more recently, but whether from a bag, special shop or Remy's they still aren't available all the time. So we have no way to obtain them on a semi-regular basis.. which is the point I'm trying to make. If the special shops aren't going to be around and all we have is the Black Market, I'd like to see the event items available in the bags during the appropriate events.

Crafting items 'are always available if you take the time to obtain them'.. I will be trying to max out my crafting items the hard way, so I can avoid spending gold on bags and just getting crafting items that I don't want. I will however be spending my gold on the parentless ammit hybrids in this BM. 80k is still a lot tho and I'm under 250k.. I've gone down a ranking in the wealth bracket now and it only took 17 days. If that isn't proof that prices need to come down, I don't know what is.
With the gold economy being one of the main topics on MS right now, do you think the suggestions some people have talked about with the ability to trade items could also have a positive impact on these shop items? I knew the Dusky Potion had been available in previous Black Markets, but I wasn't able to get any from the bags I bought (got 6 Bone Venoms, though). If were to never use the Bone Venoms, it would be neat to be able to pass them on to someone without having to trade creatures back and forth.
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3
I'm 800 drinks in :well:

BeeNme
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by BeeNme »

TheTreeTurtle wrote: March 17th, 2024, 5:13:55 pm With the gold economy being one of the main topics on MS right now, do you think the suggestions some people have talked about with the ability to trade items could also have a positive impact on these shop items? I knew the Dusky Potion had been available in previous Black Markets, but I wasn't able to get any from the bags I bought (got 6 Bone Venoms, though). If were to never use the Bone Venoms, it would be neat to be able to pass them on to someone without having to trade creatures back and forth.
Trading items would help tremendously. I currently have 210 fine tuning glasses, and no use for them at all, as well as 184 breeding restoration potions, which are of little use to me, while I greatly need gender changing potions. I won't spend 1010 gold to get a random item that is probably something I don't want/need when that's about what I make in a day. Getting crafting items is even worse.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wishlist:
Spoiler
Tanzanite Gemstone Kirin, White Cukurba, Catalana Dismot, White or Piebald Cervinus Deer, Angora Jackalope, Ouranian Koi, Arkenian Sakeira, winged cats
Dream creatures: Silver Alicanto, Calico Tienko
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

BeeNme wrote: March 17th, 2024, 7:59:11 pm Getting crafting items is even worse.
If you max out your crafting items by refreshing a creature's bestiary page, you won't receive them from the mystery bags. It's been incredibly beneficial for me.

I've been writing up a storm lately. It's all Call of Duty fanfic... I have never played COD.

I did buy MW2 though. And I'll be getting MW3. All because of this stupid fandom and the beautiful art and perfect fic.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

sammythethief wrote: March 17th, 2024, 8:38:02 pm
BeeNme wrote: March 17th, 2024, 7:59:11 pm Getting crafting items is even worse.
If you max out your crafting items by refreshing a creature's bestiary page, you won't receive them from the mystery bags. It's been incredibly beneficial for me.
I think they've been removed from the bags because I haven't gotten any and I'm far from being maxed out with any of the materials.

I'm super danger prone this week. wtf. D:

EDIT. Praise the stars. I have a ruby wyvern egg! Last baby was March 11, 2023. :derp:
By chance, may I have the permit approved for building a pool in the Keep and filling it with Breeding Enhancer potions? They need to bathe in it.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

I think the crafting items have been removed, too. If that's the case, then thanks a bunch, Rosehill.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

I think the term "crafting items" was one of the issues here, as I kept understanding all you peeps as "cafting items" meaning e.g. the new Breeding Enhancer potion you get by crafting. The materials that are used to craft other stuff (like Vials of Life, Crossing Stones, the gemdragon gems etc.) never were in this iteration of the bag, so I didn't even consider those. :wtf:

As for item trading: this is not something that will happen at least any time soon, but never say never, so it isn't a thing that we're absolutely saying won't happen somewhere along the line. :orly:

Return to “Community Discussion”