How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Real »

midnightem wrote: February 18th, 2024, 3:40:40 pm Getting three more chinchillas!
Are the other 3 healthy and fine?
Chins don't accept other chins that easily :sweat:
There's a whole bonding process that needs to happen.
by Saebra
midnightem
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by midnightem »

Real wrote: February 18th, 2024, 4:06:45 pm
midnightem wrote: February 18th, 2024, 3:40:40 pm Getting three more chinchillas!
Are the other 3 healthy and fine?
Chins don't accept other chins that easily :sweat:
There's a whole bonding process that needs to happen.
Three from a breeder that already has them together, she said I wouldn't have to separate them since they've been cage mates for awhile.They are all 7,3,4. And I have separate cages for my others.👍

"Wishing you success on your new adventure!"

Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Spoiler
wystearya wrote: February 18th, 2024, 11:53:22 am Sorry to vent again, I usually am not so down.

My birthday is in a few days and for the past week my husband and I have planned to use our only free day this week to celebrate. His mother has known about watching the youngest for this time and had agreed. Now, at the last second she cancels. Yes, she (the 12 year old) has a cold. She has been to the doctor and it's nothing bad. We have medicine and she doesn't have a fever. But no. AND, when it was his mom's birthday she went out of town for a week, during the worst snowstorm we have had in ages.. We had to drive up her very steep hill, covered in snow and ice, all week to take care of her pets.... But she can't watch her granddaughter for one day for me. I'm a step-mom so she isn't my child. I am just hurt and angry too. I just wanted one day with my husband to celebrate. Apparently, I asked too much. *sigh*

Now, I want to clarify that I don't dislike my mother-in-law. But I do not understand her at all. Over the years my opinion of her has gotten lower and lower and I more and more understand why her sons (my husband included) do not have much of a relationship with her. She is very hard to understand at times. Like understand her behavior and decisions. I don't know. I'm just real frustrated at the moment. :t--.-:

At least I am celebrating with my mom on my actual birthday.
Nah, that’s some bs. It’s a cold. Who knows if it will even be an issue days later? Let alone all kinds of other problems I have with with her cancelling. I dislike her by proxy, because I can’t stand people like that. My sis is like that and I don’t have much of a relationship with her and my nephew sure as hell isn’t going to as soon as he graduates and can move out.

One day. It’s one day. But no, if it requires any form of effort, that’s just too much to ask of people like that, who will b— and moan and never let you forget it the one time of a million you wouldn’t do as much and far more for them.

I’d have nothing to do with her, myself. Obviously entirely up to you and of course your husband, but I’d never go out of my way for her. Selfish people don’t change. No matter how much they

Happy Birthday in advance and may you at least have a great day with your own mom.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

When you have a really bad nervous breakdown, come to magi for some sort of distraction and send the prizes from your giveaway to the wrong people.
:t-fear:
by Saebra
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

Real wrote: February 19th, 2024, 11:38:54 am When you have a really bad nervous breakdown, come to magi for some sort of distraction and send the prizes from your giveaway to the wrong people.
we are all very excited and grateful either way!!! :wee:
ImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
<3 <3 <3
happy pride!
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Real wrote: February 19th, 2024, 11:38:54 am When you have a really bad nervous breakdown, come to magi for some sort of distraction and send the prizes from your giveaway to the wrong people.
Mistakes happen, but this time I'm happy. :P
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

Airasyraye wrote: February 19th, 2024, 9:46:42 am
Spoiler
wystearya wrote: February 18th, 2024, 11:53:22 am Sorry to vent again, I usually am not so down.

My birthday is in a few days and for the past week my husband and I have planned to use our only free day this week to celebrate. His mother has known about watching the youngest for this time and had agreed. Now, at the last second she cancels. Yes, she (the 12 year old) has a cold. She has been to the doctor and it's nothing bad. We have medicine and she doesn't have a fever. But no. AND, when it was his mom's birthday she went out of town for a week, during the worst snowstorm we have had in ages.. We had to drive up her very steep hill, covered in snow and ice, all week to take care of her pets.... But she can't watch her granddaughter for one day for me. I'm a step-mom so she isn't my child. I am just hurt and angry too. I just wanted one day with my husband to celebrate. Apparently, I asked too much. *sigh*

Now, I want to clarify that I don't dislike my mother-in-law. But I do not understand her at all. Over the years my opinion of her has gotten lower and lower and I more and more understand why her sons (my husband included) do not have much of a relationship with her. She is very hard to understand at times. Like understand her behavior and decisions. I don't know. I'm just real frustrated at the moment. :t--.-:

At least I am celebrating with my mom on my actual birthday.
Nah, that’s some bs. It’s a cold. Who knows if it will even be an issue days later? Let alone all kinds of other problems I have with with her cancelling. I dislike her by proxy, because I can’t stand people like that. My sis is like that and I don’t have much of a relationship with her and my nephew sure as hell isn’t going to as soon as he graduates and can move out.

One day. It’s one day. But no, if it requires any form of effort, that’s just too much to ask of people like that, who will b— and moan and never let you forget it the one time of a million you wouldn’t do as much and far more for them.

I’d have nothing to do with her, myself. Obviously entirely up to you and of course your husband, but I’d never go out of my way for her. Selfish people don’t change. No matter how much they

Happy Birthday in advance and may you at least have a great day with your own mom.

lol thanks. Today was much better than expected, so it worked out in the end. Though, no thanks to my mother-in-law. :headdesk:
It's nice to know I am not crazy for how I was feeling. It did ruin my day yesterday, but at least today has been very good. My husband is amazing. :)

And thank you to everyone who replied to me. I appreciate the happy birthday wishes and support.
Even though I didn't reply until now, I ready each one and it's nice to know people care and sympathize. ^_^

From now on, we aren't even going to mention our plans to her or anyone that may tell her. We will make plans and not involve her or tell her we are making any. We actually have something fun planned for next week now, and it should be a nice day trip! So, unless it's the weather or something crazy that happens, she shouldn't be able to ruin things this time around.
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

wystearya wrote: February 19th, 2024, 5:33:28 pm lol thanks. Today was much better than expected, so it worked out in the end. Though, no thanks to my mother-in-law. :headdesk:
It's nice to know I am not crazy for how I was feeling. It did ruin my day yesterday, but at least today has been very good. My husband is amazing. :)

And thank you to everyone who replied to me. I appreciate the happy birthday wishes and support.
Even though I didn't reply until now, I ready each one and it's nice to know people care and sympathize. ^_^

From now on, we aren't even going to mention our plans to her or anyone that may tell her. We will make plans and not involve her or tell her we are making any. We actually have something fun planned for next week now, and it should be a nice day trip! So, unless it's the weather or something crazy that happens, she shouldn't be able to ruin things this time around.
Nah, you're entirely validated. It sucks when people feel bad/guilty/unjustified for having it up to here with predatory folks who take advantage. And I also know how easy it is to say "don't do it!" and then actually don't do it. My sister brags constantly about how she makes 2-3x the amount of money I do (and is also married with a kid and was popular in school while I am/was none of those things) and yet is also strapped for cash for one reason or another. (It's always "the bank's fault" or "the economy is just too bad for her to keep up with her bills" or some other bs.) And yes, she's totally the Brand Name Anything, Expensive Expenditure Anytime type. She and her husband just threw cash on a pair of tattoos. And yet, when she asks me for a spot $20 for gas, what does Big Sis do? Yep.

So, I get it. But good on you to make any steps at all. And I'm super glad to hear your day went well. Yay, awesome husbands!
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

T_T
today's episode of NCIS got me bawling like a baby. it was a tribute episode to David McCallum (Ducky).

Also these hecking Valentines seals gotta cooperate D: stop hatching at such high percents dangit
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

It's early and my index finger is bandaged to stop the pain, but I'm ready for a wacky day filled with alerts on Xanje (17 litters over the next 3 hours, each bringing an alert and pets for me to sort)!
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me

Return to “Community Discussion”