How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by EstherGamer »

Basically none of the roleplays I'm in on another site (that are still going, things went to shit as a start to this week... I'll spare you all the details, that'd be a long rant.) are active right now and so I'm incredibly bored and unsure what to do. The few descriptions I have energy to work on, I'm stuck on, same with stories I'm writing, for one of those roleplays it currently to me feels like the person I'm waiting on isn't responding on purpose (This is going to sound rude and like I'm making assumptions, but if this is some kind of sick joke on their part, so be it, I'm keeping my mouth shut until they respond without me telling them to. :sulk: ), it's too late in the evening to draw and I have no energy to play Sky right now (That's going to bite back later when I need to catch up on getting candles), and I need to remember to message an IRL friend in the weekend about something fun but it's making me nervous.
*sigh* and here I was hoping this year'd be better than last year. :t-corner:
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

Not much to report really, but I kind of wanted to check in.

Looking forward to next month so I can buy birthday donis from the Shimmering Shop! <3

Life in general, going ok for now. Taking it one day at a time.
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

i want games to stop NOT giving the option to not track achievements.
no, developers, i DON'T want to be supervised while playing games.
my computer is one of few places where i have control over my own privacy. i wish that i could pay to harm game sales for making achievement tracking mandatory.

i'm pissy because fallout 4 promised me that if i downloaded a mod, it wouldn't track achievements. if i download mods from the built in mod program, i lose the ability to use my keyboard in game.
if i download mods from nexus, it just refuses to acknowledge they exist.
i could have had over an hour to play before work today, but no, i've spent it all trying to get this to behave because they just assume everyone wants to be watched and couldn't be bothered to add a way to disable achievements from the options menu.

and no, i cannot simply turn off achievements in steam. why? there's an option for it.
it's because my friend has boundary issues and takes personal offense to my need for the comfort of being the only one in my business.
she pitched a hissy fit because i wanted privacy. so i don't get it unless a game gives it to me. and they don't, for some fucking reason, despite how many geeks and nerds are introverts, developers just CAN'T IMAGINE people wanting to be left alone in their quiet, private little comfort zones without constantly getting notifications saying "HEY i'm gonna make note of and broadcast how far you've come against your will"
LittleMaple
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LittleMaple »

Had a good day today, other than that same guy being weird. Like dude. You have so many friends. Please just leave me alone.
Meowdy!! I'm Maple :3 I have a fantastic soulfriend offsite <3

I'm a newer user and I struggle with social cues and have minor anxiety around pms. Please keep this in mind when messaging me :3

Mobile user only </3
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

I'm seriously pulling my hair out right now. Kind of frustrated at the moment :sulk: :sulk:
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

PC still isn't working - it blue screened three times in less than ten minutes. It ran perfectly fine in the shop, and the tech and I both navigated the file explorer and even a few pages on the internet with no trouble at all. Not even a minute into file explorer once I got it plugged in at home, and it crashed. I don't know if it's my peripherals or maybe a bad power strip? I'm so frustrated, though. It's been a month of dealing with these issues and I don't know what to do anymore.

Best friend is also moving 8+ hours away, leaving me with, uh, no friends outside of my co-workers. Guess it's a good thing I'm a workaholic, then, since I've got no one else.

I just want to sleep for the next six years.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

Finally got my old dog to sleep through the night. He is elderly, 16 now, and he hasn't been sleeping and I felt like I had a baby getting up with him all night! I kept him awake yesterday instead of letting him lay around all day and he finally slept. Boy did I need that rest!
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
LittleMaple
CreaturesTrade

Post by LittleMaple »

Still on a happiness high after my minecraft date with my gf,,,, gah she's amazing. Literally can't wait to marry her and call her my wife. Going to eat lunch and go shopping. A good day

I'm a newer user and I struggle with social cues and have minor anxiety around pms. Please keep this in mind when messaging me :3

Mobile user only </3
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

EstherGamer wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:58:57 am
Pugnacious wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:47:14 am Welp. Got my new charger today. It works, thank god!
...But turns out not only was the charger busted, the port was done, too. God I hate modern laptops. They break down at the drop of a hat, the ports keep getting smaller and smaller and fewer and fewer, can't plug headphones in, bluetooth audio for headhpones is entirely busted, I can only hope and pray the bluetooth mouse works even slightly better than headphones so I don't have to choose between using a mouse or charging my laptop.
Ohh yeah. I too hate how with every new device generation they remove stuff that are still being used like headphone jacks. Sure, my main pair of headphones is Bluetooth, but those are mainly for travel due to my strong hatred for earbuds (I don't know how people can RUN with WIRELESS EARBUDS without losing them. I can barely sit down on a chair wearing WIRED earbuds without them deciding "byeeee!" and falling out of my ears if I don't wear my beanie to hold them in place -. -), and I prefer wired... everything really. I'm too good at losing things and wires make things easier to find.
Thankfully my laptop and phone both still have headphone jacks, same with all the other devices I use. But I'm not looking forward to the day I end up with something that doesn't have them anymore.

And let's not even get started on the batteries. Anyone else remember the DS you could use all day, charge overnight and then use it all day again? I miss those batteries...
Ugh, neither my phone or my computer have headphone jacks. Hell, my headphones don't really have jacks! All bluetooth all the time. I hate it.
Wireless earbuds are a bane of the earth... now that we aren't just aiming for slimmest possible device anymore, can we please, please get wried earbuds back with jacks to your phone? Ffs.
Ugh, batteries, I know it! My original cellphones would run for over a day without a charge, and like you said, the old Nintendo DSes.... Could play all day, and while the Switch holds charge pretty well for some games (never have an issue with Pikmin 4), a majority you have to keep it just plugged in.
And don't get me started on anything past Windows 7...

LittleMaple wrote: January 25th, 2024, 9:52:10 am Congrats to Pug first off!!! You remind me of my gf /pos. I have faith in you and ur partner :33
Tysm! We're really early on in the actual relationship bit, but I think we've got something really good going! Hoping all the best for your relationship, as well. ^_^

Anyway, today I felt awful... But was able to get my hair bleached and dyed.
Though, I fell asleep while the bleach was in... For four hours... :headdesk:
But! Jewish curls have got to be one of the most resilient hairs on Earth- didn't cause even slight damage, brittle/dryness or make my hair crusty, and didn't even fully bleach the sections of my hair I had it in! :lol: My baby blue streaks didn't even end up showing because the bleach wasn't effective enough. :t-:( (Which especially sucks, because it used up the last I had of that...)
Also a good portion of my hair didn't really absorb the blue like I hoped... My bangs are an amazing ombre of green-blue to blue-green turquoise, but the rest of my hair is just barely tinted blue... Guess I'll dye it an extra layer or something tomorrow.

ETA: Gave in to what was eating away at me and wrote a message clarifying to my ex I agreed to not speak to him not because of his highschool edgelord rant about "um, actually, I always hated you the whole time :yarly:" to me, but because I just needed him to tell me clearly what exactly the post-relationship situation was. Also what was I "ungrateful" for, the fact I wouldn't take his fantastic job opportunity of taking thirst traps of him all day, or filling in 100 Indeed job apps for him like $20? And I explained I couldn't've just dropped everything and gotten a job, I have 7 cats, varying amounts of dogs, and my parents to take care of. He could've just said he wanted to go no contact, or, do the normal thing when an ex won't leave you alone, and block them.
Well, he blocked me.
Which... I guess I kinda told him to? But feels off. Probably better for me, though, I wasn't going to contact him again after that message except that he was right originally that it was good we broke up because I was having to watch out for a guy who I often felt acted like an 16 year old edgelord and he felt I was like acted like some girl middleschooler.
Feels weirdly bad, but I got my boy Ivan who I'm really hoping works out and treats me 1000x better, appreciates me and loves the way I talk in a storytelling manner, actually bathes, has his act together, and knows how to actually [REDACTED] instead of just having watched [REDACTED] and trying to reenact it.
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
LittleMaple
CreaturesTrade

Post by LittleMaple »

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING FOR RELAPSE please be careful

Spoiler
My day WAS going good... went thrifting. But i just learned my gf relapsed. I don't. I dont know what to do. She might have to go back to longterm and I just... don't know what I'd do without her. God I just. I just. I don't have words. I'm distressed, worried, and angry all at once. If her stupid brother hadn't been a pos thus wouldn't have happened. I'm going to get her out of there if it's the last thing I do. And I will treat her like the precious human she is.

And now I hear her F-ing dad is ruining it even more? Oh my God. I'm so mad right now. I'm going to make sure she never feels like this ever again. NO ONE is allowed to treat her like that. NO ONE.

Mobile user only </3

Return to “Community Discussion”