How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
MageLorelei
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by MageLorelei »

After over a month in my new apartment I FINALLY have internet! Such a relief to stop using so much data to do anything online 😭
Thank you for all the gifts!
-----
Icon made with the JRPG Stats Profile on Picrew
-----
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
-----
~~Hatchling Tab, open for clicks!~~
-----
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

i am terrified of the gas stove but i must know what properly baked acorn squash is like. i'm from new england and they dgaf about squash in oklahoma. it's one of my favorite veggies but i've only ever had it cooked unseasoned in a shallow pot of water on the stove.
i want to learn how to cook properly. i grew up on cans and pantry packets and frozen microwave meals with *occasional* food from richer relatives. in NH and NY, those richer relatives cooked like yanks. in OK, those richer relatives were on keto and grilled everything. it tasted good, but i don't have a grill, i can't afford a grill to learn to grill, i don't think my vegetarian landlord would approve of me using his yard for that even if i could get a grill, he lives on the same property and everyone would have to smell that.
i want to learn how to use the scary oven, and how to use the scary stove not like a yank. i really wish it were an electric. i want to make good food but i keep worrying about every little smell and hiss and click, that it's gonna blow up the whole building if it so much as twitches wrong.
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

Solbrekt wrote: October 8th, 2023, 9:19:04 pm i am terrified of the gas stove but i must know what properly baked acorn squash is like. i'm from new england and they dgaf about squash in oklahoma. it's one of my favorite veggies but i've only ever had it cooked unseasoned in a shallow pot of water on the stove.
i want to learn how to cook properly. i grew up on cans and pantry packets and frozen microwave meals with *occasional* food from richer relatives. in NH and NY, those richer relatives cooked like yanks. in OK, those richer relatives were on keto and grilled everything. it tasted good, but i don't have a grill, i can't afford a grill to learn to grill, i don't think my vegetarian landlord would approve of me using his yard for that even if i could get a grill, he lives on the same property and everyone would have to smell that.
i want to learn how to use the scary oven, and how to use the scary stove not like a yank. i really wish it were an electric. i want to make good food but i keep worrying about every little smell and hiss and click, that it's gonna blow up the whole building if it so much as twitches wrong.
My advice is watch some videos on YouTube. I learned how to pressure can this way! (I also bought some books.) I was nervous the first time, but once you learn how to use something properly, and get used to doing it, it won't be scary for you anymore. It will be well worth your time to learn how to cook good, healthy food. I can always tell a big difference in how I feel when I eat something I cook from scratch, vs eating pre-packaged meals. Like today I am not feeling great, and it's because I have been lazy and haven't cooked. Tomorrow I'll make proper food!

Gas stoves can be used safely. Just get yourself educated and you will be fine. You will be so glad you took time to learn!
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
Apariah
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Apariah »

Good Morning, Everyone.
I'm starting this rainy autumn day with peach tea, chocolate chip banana bread, my 3-year old son watching BTS and prepping to make a massive lasagna for my family. I've moved back to my parents with my small family of three and I've been doing a lot of cooking as of late to kind of thank them. Lasagna was the meal I've had requested the most by them and my husband so today I'm making it. Like the last week since moving back in, I'm feeling more relaxed than I have the last couple years at the old apartment. Bad neighbors ruined my home of almost nine years, friends. This is a fresh new start.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gifts: 21/25
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

I fucking HATE THIS I've done my antivirals and tested negative the day after I finished the course but two days later I tested positive again and I'm still testing positive and I fucking hate COVID I feel fine but I don't want to accidentally give it to my buddy so I can't go and get my plants back and I'm terrified I won't test negative in time for Halloween and just :t-bipolar:

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Health stuff
Spoiler
My rheumatologist thinks I might have EDS. My first PA rheumatologist considered it in the beginning back in 2019, but she asked if any of the EDS symptoms were ailing me currently. I said no because I wasn't in shape to do some crazy flexibility stuff and those were none of my symptoms at that time. I looked at her crazy because I told her I was having limited mobility... But today my second PA made me look at the bigger picture when she asked if I could do any of that AS A CHILD. :t-O_O: That really made something click for me! I have always been flexible; even into my 20s before I got sick, there were some things that I could do with my joints that most couldn't. I also learned today that I can touch my thumb to my arm when I bend it lol! My elbows and fingers also bend too far. My PA told me there are different forms of EDS, but the most well known ones are skin elasticity and hyper mobile joints. Overall I would say this was a good appointment! It feels like we may be headed in the right direction. I still have to wait for lab results, but for now, I'm cautiously optimistic... :t-:) In the meantime I should ask one of my friends what kind of EDS she has, if she's willing to share.

Also, I told my mom what I knew about the disease.
Because it's an overlooked condition that gets misdiagnosed so often, there's a special phrase in the medical field: "When you hear the sound of hoof beats in the distance, think of zebras instead horses." So instead of going for the most common and easy diagnoses (the horses), remember to consider the rarer or less known ones too (zebras). Basically zebras are more rarely seen than horses... Lupus is another condition that gets misdiagnosed because it mimics the symptoms of a lot of other common illnesses. So the phrase can apply to other conditions.
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

i wish people could be smart without the part of their brain that handles practical information dying.
i'm trying to get my zt1 disk to work on my computer that has no disk drive and the instructions my extremely intelligent friend linked me, saying they explain everything
that the author of, seems to also think they explain everything
it actually skips a very large amount of steps and practical information. such as file labels. are bin and cue files the rom files i'm supposed to mount? because they just say to mount the 2 rom files. there are no rom type files. do they get mounted to eachother, or just mounted in general? google won't even tell me if bin and cue files can be mounted to eachother or not, and i have run out of ways to ask it hoping for it to actually understand the question. what is the extent of mounting needed? also, the mounting program they recommended wants to send them to the E: drive - i'm not a coder but i'm pretty sure files have to be on the same drive as eachother in order to interact, so further clarification may be needed.
i mounted what i'm not even sure were the correct files, separately - do i mount the resulting mdx to eachother or just leave the two loose in there? what is the extent of mounting?
yeah no, this does not explain everything. i'm sure this is all extremely obvious to coders, but coders aren't the people they write guides for, they already know how to make this stuff run. guides are for people who don't know what they're doing, and considering that messing up too badly on code can cause corrupted files, it is important to actually enunciate steps like you're not talking to someone who can extrapolate the entire process with or without any proper labeling.
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Okay, am I having a memory gap, or is Aywas WAY different than it used to be? I'm remembering a site of adoptable dog creatures. Sign back in after I can't begin to guess how long and I'm seeing fish monsters, birds, and rabbits?
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

SirChicken wrote: October 11th, 2023, 1:08:47 pm Health stuff
I have a good friend from high school with EDS. It took so very long for him to get diagnosed.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

Slept really bad last night. Doesn't help that I had to attend the funeral of a family member and cried a bunch this morning/afternoon. Now my eyes are so dead I can't even tell apart details on magi eggs D:
by Saebra

Return to “Community Discussion”