Crafting and Hobbies

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

BradTheMad
HS Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Crafting and Hobbies

Post by BradTheMad »

Nommers wrote:It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally pulling myself out of a pretty long depression spell... so I'm sort of rediscovering my hobbies.
That's great to hear! Always nice when the black cloud lifts an you feel like actually doing stuff again ^.^

That Necronomnomnom sounds like fun and definitely something for me to check out. I also own the Elder Scrolls and Star Wars cookbooks and they are pretty cool. Not much of a kitchen prince but I do enjoy it once in a while.
Meddle not in the affairs of Decepticons
for you are squishy and make really funny noises when violently deactivated.
Howltrail
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Howltrail »

I do a little drawing, traditional and digital, but I crave for more frankly. I want to expand my talents to more than what people see as the common stuff. But things cost money and it's a real bummer to not be able to afford things

castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

(pardon the thread necro) i taught myself to draw when i was at the end of middle school and beginning high school, but i didn't pick up an interest in many physical crafts until recently.

i want to learn to sew plushies and quilts- and possibly, when i am at an advanced stage of sewing, clothing (especially for dolls like monster high). i am currently a beginner. my household had a crappy plastic singer that we just replaced with a much better janome that should handle quilting well; so i would love to draw and sew on my own applique, free-motion quilt. i want to be conscious about the amount of waste and energy generated by manufacturing cotton fabric, etc; when possible, id like to purchase secondhand fabric. theres a great secondhand fabric store up north of me with lots of cheap fabric and sewing supplies! it feels so satisfying to repurpose perfectly good old things without spending too much, though i also want to support the local quilting stores with brand new supplies here too.

i would also love to upcycle plain shirts from thrift stores, and screen print or machine embroider (another skill i need to learn) my own art onto them to sell or gift to friends. i would tie dye thrift store shirts, but if the shirts i buy contain unknown percentages of polyester in them, ive heard that synthetic tie dyes wont always work the way you want

i have seen my friends and other people do beadwork. i dont really wear jewlery, but would like to make bracelets and such for fun
π”žπ”°π”­π”₯𝔬, 𝔦𝔱/π”₯𝔒, π”ͺ𝔢 π”΄π”’π”Ÿπ”°π”¦π”±π”’ (π”©π”²π” π”žπ”―π”‘ @ 𝔫𝔒𝔬𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔒𝔰)
π–˜π–Žπ–Œπ–“π–†π–™π–šπ–—π–Š 𝖆𝖗𝖙: sugarjolt @ neocities
ImageImage

πŸ•ΈοΈ π–’π–ž π–˜π–™π–”π–—π–Š: eb, gb, donis and more! (open)
πŸ•ΈοΈ π–˜π–π–†π–—π–‰ π–˜π–†π–‘π–Šπ–˜: 0 / 15 shards available (closed)
πŸ•ΈοΈ π–™π–—π–†π–‰π–Šπ–˜: i. helian/selenic genderswaps, ii. iso dionych & light cws

Return to β€œHall of Speakers”