How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by VilaWolf »

*incoherent swearing and sobbing*

Jason... Jason, listen to me. You cannot just pull out Matchstick Girl on your podcast! You need a cascade of tragedy to prepare folks before you bring that one out!

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

I have a friend who is currently traveling and will be back in town on Monday. I am just nervous enough about covid 19 to be debating not seeing him until after my youngest son's infusion on Tuesday. Part of me acknowledges that I am just as unlikely to pick it up from him as I am to have picked it up last night at karaoke. The other part of me is responsible for my dream last night that when he returned, I hugged him and he dissolved like half the population in Avengers: Infinity War. :t-cry:
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by PKGriffin »

Work is now requiring everyone to take their temperature before they go to work. If it’s 100.4 or higher, we have to stay home.

Yesterday mine read 95.8. I checked, and the cutoff for early stages of hypothermia is about 95. :derp:

No coronavirus yet, I think, but WTF, body?
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

Spoiler
A glimpse into how appreciated teachers are:
Districts have mandated that students stay home to avoid the spread of COVID-19 after spring break, we have a large Hispanic/Latinx community so they often travel during holidays. We were told that parents are asked to keep kids at home until March 30th (or later in some cases) to watch for any symptoms.

Districts are now mandating that teachers still come in to work during the closures because otherwise they'll start taking our personal/sick leave days since we are "not working." We are being told that we are required to work 5 of the 10 days off in the building, the full work day which is 8 hours. The other 5 days we must log work done at home - basically "earning our pay" during this virus closure. We have teachers with cancer, autoimmune disorders, etc going into work with teachers who have been overseas or on cruises. This will end well.

Some schools are letting the teachers off the hook completely to avoid ANY kind of exposure. Others are mandating them work the entire closure period to get paid. This is insanity.
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Went clothes shopping for my birthday. :well: I haven't been shopping for clothes in almost 10 years, so there were lots of new trends to try on. :cool:

Also I was today years old when I learned that jeggings are a way nicer material than denim. All of my pants before today were denim.

*EDIT: Holy crap, get a load of this guy smh
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/tech ... llers.html
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

SirChicken wrote:Went clothes shopping for my birthday. :well: I haven't been shopping for clothes in almost 10 years, so there were lots of new trends to try on. :cool:

Also I was today years old when I learned that jeggings are a way nicer material than denim. All of my pants before today were denim.

*EDIT: Holy crap, get a load of this guy smh
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/tech ... llers.html
Spoiler
@SirChicken, I know I read about it and I was like, FU selfish bastard. People like him suck :( . I understand wanting to provide for your family, but when it comes to this type of situation, it really shows you who has morals and who doesn't. This asshole is now stuck with all this stuff and he's going to have to sell it locally now and well I hope he gets sued in the end, sure sounded like that might happen according to the article. And even though those companies profited a bit from his sales, at least they reigned in quickly all the sellers and hopefully continue to do so. There's no fucking way I'm buying soap at $20 or $50 dollars a mini bottle or big bottle. And if I do, I will report there asses and I will sue them and the companies cause that's 100% fucked up and wrong.
Today, hubby and I went to an interview to adopt a brand new kitty. Our current kitty needs a companion and we both have been talking about it for the past three months already and we want to raise a kitten or adopt a young kitty. I was looking through those websites to adopt pets here locally and I ended up finding a beautiful Siamese/Snowshoe mixed female who is less than a year old, and I just fell in love with her from watching her video. I applied online and got into contact with her foster parent and today we had the meet and greet with her foster parents and the beautiful girl. She was very pretty and her coat has changed color into a little bit of darker shades, as normal for Siamese. The sad part is her foster parents seem way over protective of her and we weren't allowed to hold her or pet her very much. That really disappointed me cause how else can I try to connect with her ya know? But I know also that we're strangers to her and she was scared, even though nothing bad happened. But well now we have to wait to see if we get picked to adopt her. There's another couple who was going to visit or already did and so I think it's between us and them and I've never done a process like this before. I've been lucky to rescue all my cats from the streets in the past, including the one I have now and he's the only I have left. Ever since I moved, I haven't found any kitties to rescue off the streets. Anyway I'm a bit stressed and just hope that we get picked to give this pretty girl a second chance. :sulk:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

Danafox wrote:Today, hubby and I went to an interview to adopt a brand new kitty. Our current kitty needs a companion and we both have been talking about it for the past three months already and we want to raise a kitten or adopt a young kitty. I was looking through those websites to adopt pets here locally and I ended up finding a beautiful Siamese/Snowshoe mixed female who is less than a year old, and I just fell in love with her from watching her video. I applied online and got into contact with her foster parent and today we had the meet and greet with her foster parents and the beautiful girl. She was very pretty and her coat has changed color into a little bit of darker shades, as normal for Siamese. The sad part is her foster parents seem way over protective of her and we weren't allowed to hold her or pet her very much. That really disappointed me cause how else can I try to connect with her ya know? But I know also that we're strangers to her and she was scared, even though nothing bad happened. But well now we have to wait to see if we get picked to adopt her. There's another couple who was going to visit or already did and so I think it's between us and them and I've never done a process like this before. I've been lucky to rescue all my cats from the streets in the past, including the one I have now and he's the only I have left. Ever since I moved, I haven't found any kitties to rescue off the streets. Anyway I'm a bit stressed and just hope that we get picked to give this pretty girl a second chance. :sulk:
That's kinda weird they didn't let you hold or pet her... scared/overprotective or not that's weird.

I'm in a mood because I need to rehome my cat. My new job in China doesn't allow pets in the provided housing, plus I'm not sure how Bucky would fare going through quarantine to get over there (and if I don't like it, I'd have to turn around and put him back into quarantine to come back to the U.S.). Siiiigh. I only have one friend willing to take him and she's starting to waiver on that. I have until May to find him a new home. I'd be so much more comfortable with someone I knew that I could check up on him every once in a while. I will NOT take him to a shelter.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Soleil wrote:
Danafox wrote:Today, hubby and I went to an interview to adopt a brand new kitty. Our current kitty needs a companion and we both have been talking about it for the past three months already and we want to raise a kitten or adopt a young kitty. I was looking through those websites to adopt pets here locally and I ended up finding a beautiful Siamese/Snowshoe mixed female who is less than a year old, and I just fell in love with her from watching her video. I applied online and got into contact with her foster parent and today we had the meet and greet with her foster parents and the beautiful girl. She was very pretty and her coat has changed color into a little bit of darker shades, as normal for Siamese. The sad part is her foster parents seem way over protective of her and we weren't allowed to hold her or pet her very much. That really disappointed me cause how else can I try to connect with her ya know? But I know also that we're strangers to her and she was scared, even though nothing bad happened. But well now we have to wait to see if we get picked to adopt her. There's another couple who was going to visit or already did and so I think it's between us and them and I've never done a process like this before. I've been lucky to rescue all my cats from the streets in the past, including the one I have now and he's the only I have left. Ever since I moved, I haven't found any kitties to rescue off the streets. Anyway I'm a bit stressed and just hope that we get picked to give this pretty girl a second chance. :sulk:
That's kinda weird they didn't let you hold or pet her... scared/overprotective or not that's weird.

I'm in a mood because I need to rehome my cat. My new job in China doesn't allow pets in the provided housing, plus I'm not sure how Bucky would fare going through quarantine to get over there (and if I don't like it, I'd have to turn around and put him back into quarantine to come back to the U.S.). Siiiigh. I only have one friend willing to take him and she's starting to waiver on that. I have until May to find him a new home. I'd be so much more comfortable with someone I knew that I could check up on him every once in a while. I will NOT take him to a shelter.
My hubby agrees with you, he didn't like the fact that we couldn't pet her or hold her either. In all honesty the cat didn't act sooooo badly as to say that she was terrified of us, she wasn't distressed or poofed up in fear, nor was she hissing at us either. She just had big eyes for a little while and then she started relaxing and basically I asked the foster if I could go to her and attempt contact and the foster said no. She then starts talking about not forcing the cat etc.....

I've raised tons of street cats in my life and even outright feral cats and I know it takes time and patience, to eventually build trust to be able to get them to come to you so that you can pet them. This cat was NOT like that at all. If I would have been able to pet her like normal I'm very sure she would have been fine and then we could have seen a real reaction.

If the moment that petting would have resulted in hissing, scratching or biting, I would have backed off immediately, but I very much doubt that she was going to react this way, I could tell by her eyes and I could also tell by the fact that she didn't freak out as badly by our mere presence in the room with her. My cat Neeko immediately runs and hides the moment a stranger to him walks in (in reality a friend or family member of ours) he also doesn't like strangers carrying him or petting him, not unless I'm carrying/holding him so that he doesn't dart off (which he usually doesn't do because he feels 100% safe with me).

This poor kitty is just being way overprotected over, or they are hiding something and I really truly hope they aren't hiding anything because my hubby and I really liked these fosters and they really liked us, we chatted for at least two hours in their house and we all really got along and I think we made a very good impression on them as people, and I know they gave us a very good impression of themselves as well. These fosters specialize in special needs cats, and this cat for adoption's only issue is anti-social to people (but I'm very sure that will change with us) and otherwise has a clean bill of health, she is only 10 months old, has been spayed and has all types of vaccines completed already. So I'm asking myself, would these people really hide anything from us? and I did ask if there was any real medical issues wrong with her and I was told no and I believed them and so yeah I don't think they're hiding anything and they are just being a little bit too over protective because they have fallen in love with her too and she is a very beautiful cat. The thought of her finally having a new home, made the two senior foster parents tear up and they even made me tear up too.

And if I lived in Texas near you, I'd adopt Bucky from you just so that you know he'd be in a good home and you could visit him. But I don't, so yeah I hope you can find someone trustworthy to take him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Danafox wrote:
Soleil wrote:

My hubby agrees with you, he didn't like the fact that we couldn't pet her or hold her either. In all honesty the cat didn't act sooooo badly as to say that she was terrified of us, she wasn't distressed or poofed up in fear, nor was she hissing at us either. She just had big eyes for a little while and then she started relaxing and basically I asked the foster if I could go to her and attempt contact and the foster said no. She then starts talking about not forcing the cat etc.....

I've raised tons of street cats in my life and even outright feral cats and I know it takes time and patience, to eventually build trust to be able to get them to come to you so that you can pet them. This cat was NOT like that at all. If I would have been able to pet her like normal I'm very sure she would have been fine and then we could have seen a real reaction.

If the moment that petting would have resulted in hissing, scratching or biting, I would have backed off immediately, but I very much doubt that she was going to react this way, I could tell by her eyes and I could also tell by the fact that she didn't freak out as badly by our mere presence in the room with her. My cat Neeko immediately runs and hides the moment a stranger to him walks in (in reality a friend or family member of ours) he also doesn't like strangers carrying him or petting him, not unless I'm carrying/holding him so that he doesn't dart off (which he usually doesn't do because he feels 100% safe with me).

This poor kitty is just being way overprotected over, or they are hiding something and I really truly hope they aren't hiding anything because my hubby and I really liked these fosters and they really liked us, we chatted for at least two hours in their house and we all really got along and I think we made a very good impression on them as people, and I know they gave us a very good impression of themselves as well. These fosters specialize in special needs cats, and this cat for adoption's only issue is anti-social to people (but I'm very sure that will change with us) and otherwise has a clean bill of health, she is only 10 months old, has been spayed and has all types of vaccines completed already. So I'm asking myself, would these people really hide anything from us? and I did ask if there was any real medical issues wrong with her and I was told no and I believed them and so yeah I don't think they're hiding anything and they are just being a little bit too over protective because they have fallen in love with her too and she is a very beautiful cat. The thought of her finally having a new home, made the two senior foster parents tear up and they even made me tear up too.

And if I lived in Texas near you, I'd adopt Bucky from you just so that you know he'd be in a good home and you could visit him. But I don't, so yeah I hope you can find someone trustworthy to take him.
It's actually a known and huge problem with certain animal adoption charities. Animal Adoption and Rescues being absurdly hard to adopt from is far more common than anyone whats to talk about or admit to.
A survey was done of people who work at Known Difficult Shelters and almost 0 of the employees qualified for "adoption" at the places they work at.

The tragedy of over-protective and neurotic shelters is both tragic and obvious - people are turning to puppy/kitty mills. I worked in Animal Rescue for years, both at the SPCA and in Wildlife and I know where this comes from - Animal Related PTSD from from .05 of truly horrific humans out there and policies that were created via that PTS and not having anything to do with common sense.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Icefall
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icefall »

Ffs I can’t get any toilet paper :/
0/25 Gifts Thank you all so much

Return to “Community Discussion”