New creature #1056!!!! Rone Elona

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: New creature #1056!!!! Rone Elona

Post by vipor »

Danafox wrote:Nice, I had these in my backyard when I was a kid, although they were brown colored, but they looked exactly like these.

Love all the colors, these are adorable. I LOVE the MALE with his throat out.
There are several types of anole in real life. The most commenly stopped are brown colored and green colored ones.
I worked in a reptile shop and we had both colors there.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
Auriene
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Auriene »

Oh my, anole! Absolutely adorable <3 More lizards, please!

Good things come to those who click! :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

25/25 gifts - thank you so much! <3
BeeNme
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by BeeNme »

So they're only blue for half an hour each day? That's a shame since that's my favorite coloration.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wishlist:
Spoiler
Tanzanite Gemstone Kirin, White Cukurba, Catalana Dismot, White or Piebald Cervinus Deer, Angora Jackalope, Ouranian Koi, Arkenian Sakeira, winged cats
Dream creatures: Silver Alicanto, Calico Tienko
jmilana
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jmilana »

BeeNme wrote:So they're only blue for half an hour each day? That's a shame since that's my favorite coloration.
Maybe you can stop the color from changing by naming them? That works on several other creatures, right? :orly:
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

BeeNme wrote:So they're only blue for half an hour each day? That's a shame since that's my favorite coloration.
They are blue for more than 30 minutes a day. The first time someone posted them being blue was at 630 am. A blue adult was posted less than two hours later. They stayed blue until noon. So that points to a possible 6 hour blue window from 6 am to noon (Magistream time).
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

I have been looking around at differnt times.
I think the colors are 8 hours per color.
4 Am to noon, blue
noon till 8Pm, olive
8Pm till 4 Am,, green.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
Batman
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Batman »

Omg their anoles! So cuuuute!

11/25 presents THANK YOU, YOU ROCK!

Always looking to purchase spare DP hatchlings and eggs.

ImageImageImageImageImage

HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

jmilana wrote:
Maybe you can stop the color from changing by naming them? That works on several other creatures, right? :orly:
Nope naming them doesn't stop them either...named a pair when they were blue and they're olive now. Apparently they are like the abeoth frogs...they just keep on changing. :lol:
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Reinbeauchaser
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Reinbeauchaser »

Nekoi wrote:Wee!!! First post!!

Some kinda lizard maybe??? That's a long thin tail....

Color changers - female/male adults

Midnight - Green Image Image Image Image
11:30 AM - Blue Image Image ImageImage
Noon - Olive Image Image Image Image

Egg
This egg is about the size of a grape but seems otherwise unremarkable.

Hatchie
Spoiler
Juvenile elona are skittish little lizards, born ready to hunt and with no dependence on their mothers. The youngsters may spend time together in creches for protection while they are very young, but once they get hungry they may start to nip at each others' tails and toes, so the wiser individuals will quickly abandon these creches to forage on their own. There are plenty of small insects to eat in their tropical homes, but the forests of the islands are also full of predators that would make a quick meal of a small lizard. They rely primarily on camouflage for defense, hiding among leaves or grass and hoping predators fail to notice them. However, this does not protect them from creatures like snakes and mammals that rely on scent to track their prey, so elona have a special ability they use when confronted with sharp-nosed predators: they can take on the scents of various things they have encountered. The lizards can use this ability to blend in with the surrounding vegetation, or, if detected, they can make themselves smell like burning wood, rotten meat, and other unpalatable things.
Adult
Spoiler
Elona are not seen as especially useful creatures at the Keep. They possess no magical abilities of their own, and although their shed skin can be used to thicken potions, it is no more effective at this than any other source of keratin, like hair or horn. They are ornery lizards that are difficult to train, and they never pay attention to their owners unless offered food first. Rone elona seem to be among the more intelligent of their kind and can be tamed more easily than the smaller varieties, so they can sometimes be seen peering out of the pocket of a young magi. Reptile enthusiasts will occasionally keep a tank of elona around for their novelty, as they produce a variety of pleasant scents when calm. The lizards mimic the scents of things they have encountered, so some clever magi have raised elona around things like fruits and flowers to encourage them to exude a faint perfume. The lizards may also mimic the smells of dirty laundry, so inexperienced keepers will occasionally come home to find their room reeking overwhelmingly of dirty socks. Magi are advised to do their laundry frequently if they wish to care for elona.
General
Spoiler
Elona are small creatures but surprisingly voracious, tackling insects half their size and venturing into the lairs of spiders to steal a bite of the occupants' catches, or possibly the occupant themselves. They are among the most populous vertebrates on the planet, with different species endemic to islands around the globe, each with a slightly different behavior and appearance. Their small size makes them expert stowaways, and as long as they avoid the attention of ship rats, they can make their way to new islands and far inland. The Keep's population is largely the result of stowaway elona hitching rides in bushels of fruits from the Callisto Islands, and they have been known to make it as far north as the Last Stop Inn purely by accident. This can actually be a problem, as elona can easily become invasive species, and larger varieties have been known to compete with and prey upon smaller species of elona. As one of the largest of the elona, the Rone variety is also one of the most common in the Callisto Islands, despite being fairly rare in its native habitat.
Sprite art: Jrap17 | Description: PKGriffin
The times listed, would that be EST? I just tried to catch a blue at the 11:30 mark PST and I ended up getting an olive. Thanks for helping. :wave:
Please do not mine my Keep. However, whatever I have in the Main tab is open for clicks, should you feel so inclined. Thanks for understanding (and for any clicks!)
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

vipor wrote:I have been looking around at different times.
I think the colors are 8 hours per color.
4 Am to noon, blue
noon till 8Pm, olive
8Pm till 4 Am,, green.
They change colors...and naming or freezing hatchies doesn't stop them. And yeah the times I posted were EST - aka MagiStream time.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Community Discussion”