How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
oceanmist
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by oceanmist »

MistyoC wrote:
oceanmist wrote:Some TMI below:
Spoiler
Ok so I got a Nexplanon implant back in May for birth control and lately my spotting has been so obnoxious. I haven't really had a period since I've had it put in and any I have had have been so light I barely need tampons (Thanks fuck for that). But recently it's like I constantly need to be wearing a pad because I spot just enough everyday to ruin my underwear. Even if it isn't every day that I'm spotting, it seems every time I don't wear a pad, I spot. I remember the doctor saying this was a normal side effect and it could be solved with birth control pills, but like the whole reason I got the implant was so I didn't have to bother with pills anymore. I really don't want to be on even more pills. And making doctors appointments lately has been such a hassle. My insurance has really been a pain in the ass about my doctors.

Ugh. I just want to not have to wear pads all day and night! And I don't want to ruin the new underwear I just bought.
Spoiler
I'm going to suggest not wearing a tampon for spotting because pulling them out when they're mostly dry can be an issue. While they are expensive, there are panties made to handle light periods or to wear as a backup to tampons. The most popular brand of these are Thinx. Another option might be a reusable period cup that you can have in just in case, empty and wash as needed.
Spoiler
I'm thinking about some underwear like that or maybe even reusable pads so it's a little gentler to wear. I really wish I could do the cups, but I can never get them in comfortably. I've used the disposable ones, but damn are they expensive.

Anyone know of any reusable cups that are more shaped like the disposable ones?

@Sol: I've considered the shot. When I started the Nexplanon I had basically gone to my doctor and said that I want a birth control that lasts and is effective and the implant was what she suggested. Next time I see her I might mention what she thinks of the shot. It would definitely be a lot less invasive than having a rod in my arm!
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

I just got the most "as seen on tv" sounding voice mail from a robo caller. He had the enthusiasm of Billy Mays... Whaddaguy! :rawr:
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

oceanmist wrote:
MistyoC wrote:
oceanmist wrote:Some TMI below:
Spoiler
Ok so I got a Nexplanon implant back in May for birth control and lately my spotting has been so obnoxious. I haven't really had a period since I've had it put in and any I have had have been so light I barely need tampons (Thanks fuck for that). But recently it's like I constantly need to be wearing a pad because I spot just enough everyday to ruin my underwear. Even if it isn't every day that I'm spotting, it seems every time I don't wear a pad, I spot. I remember the doctor saying this was a normal side effect and it could be solved with birth control pills, but like the whole reason I got the implant was so I didn't have to bother with pills anymore. I really don't want to be on even more pills. And making doctors appointments lately has been such a hassle. My insurance has really been a pain in the ass about my doctors.

Ugh. I just want to not have to wear pads all day and night! And I don't want to ruin the new underwear I just bought.
Spoiler
I'm going to suggest not wearing a tampon for spotting because pulling them out when they're mostly dry can be an issue. While they are expensive, there are panties made to handle light periods or to wear as a backup to tampons. The most popular brand of these are Thinx. Another option might be a reusable period cup that you can have in just in case, empty and wash as needed.
Spoiler
I'm thinking about some underwear like that or maybe even reusable pads so it's a little gentler to wear. I really wish I could do the cups, but I can never get them in comfortably. I've used the disposable ones, but damn are they expensive.

Anyone know of any reusable cups that are more shaped like the disposable ones?

@Sol: I've considered the shot. When I started the Nexplanon I had basically gone to my doctor and said that I want a birth control that lasts and is effective and the implant was what she suggested. Next time I see her I might mention what she thinks of the shot. It would definitely be a lot less invasive than having a rod in my arm!
Spoiler
I was on the Depo shot for around 20 yrs.. no problems, no spotting, no periods and was safe for me to take with my Hypertension. I'd definitely recommend it. I only stopped taking it when I finished going thru Menopause.. which the shots also pretty much eliminated; no hot flashes, no mood swings, no harmonal upsets.
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: See that? That's reality. I used to live there, but I moved.

Post by ShadowOfThePhoenix »

Soleil wrote:
Raneth wrote:I want to support my friends who are getting into streaming, but I also hate watching video games. I'd rather play. Also it annoys me a bit that they'd apparently rather spend their time hanging with random strangers on their streams than spend time with their RL friends.

DUDE YES. I have a friend who is trying to be a known streamer, so he's always asking for people to subscribe on FB... I just pretend I don't see him post because yeahhh I'm not sitting and watching someone game. That's odd to me.
It's the same thing as sports - some people really get into them and some people don't. I personally dislike sports but I can really enjoy watching someone play a video game (if I'm in the mood).
I feel sorry for people just trying to get their name out there... I'm sure it comes across as annoying, but man, trying to get noticed on the internet is nigh impossible. It's soooo frustrating.
But obviously if they're being an entitled jerk about it then I don't feel bad. :')
Image Commission me? Image w i p Image

Thanks SO much for the Christmas gifts!

ImageImage
WolfeDente
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by WolfeDente »

I’m watching the Nintendo direct and they announced Rune Factory 5 is in development and I’ve never been so excited!!!!
Wishlist Here <3
To Hatchling only Please!:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Aronathea
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aronathea »

Still feeling like crud and embarrassed..no idea about how to 'make a shop' or what is allowable for advertising, and where, what can be traded/sold, and what can't be. Last time I tried selling a donation retired pet, I apparently didn't do it right and was told. Afraid to try and do so again just for normal pets. Feeling awfully skittish on here :(
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Aronathea wrote:Still feeling like crud and embarrassed..no idea about how to 'make a shop' or what is allowable for advertising, and where, what can be traded/sold, and what can't be. Last time I tried selling a donation retired pet, I apparently didn't do it right and was told. Afraid to try and do so again just for normal pets. Feeling awfully skittish on here :(
Any pet that can be put into a trade can be traded or sold (so really, only allies and Voltarian Alphyns are the only thing that can't be traded/sold simply cause, they physically cannot be moved from accounts). Otherwise, yeah you can sell whatever you want.
Retired donis are totally sellable. Idk why someone would have told you sold it wrong/couldn't sell it. The only two things I can think of are that haggling was involved (which is a no-no, you gotta have a set price for things you're selling) or that you priced it really low and they thought whoever bought it was taking advantage of you (cause old donis can be worth a pretty penny).

As for *how* to make a shop, it depends on whether you want to have a continuous supply of things for sale/take orders or if you're just selling off things you have (a look through the MD can be helpful in seeing how other people set up their shops/price things)
Aronathea
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aronathea »

Yea, I probably haggled. Which I kind of don't understand because there are so many pets, and I thought prices varied? Guess it really depends on the seller. Not used to this kind of thing-other sites I play on, negotiations are key to getting things sold lol.

Is having a shop advertising thru the signature okay, like posting on my profile what I have available, and then advertising it through the signature while posting around site? I've seen it on a few, but again, I want to do so properly. If one thing is certain, I don't like forgetting and really feel uncomfortable with accidentally breaking the rules, even after reading and re-reading things. Ill keep browsing...I wont be selling much for quite a while yet, but as I keep thinking about it, its best to have a plan in place beforehand.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Aronathea wrote:Yea, I probably haggled. Which I kind of don't understand because there are so many pets, and I thought prices varied? Guess it really depends on the seller. Not used to this kind of thing-other sites I play on, negotiations are key to getting things sold lol.

Is having a shop advertising thru the signature okay, like posting on my profile what I have available, and then advertising it through the signature while posting around site? I've seen it on a few, but again, I want to do so properly. If one thing is certain, I don't like forgetting and really feel uncomfortable with accidentally breaking the rules, even after reading and re-reading things. Ill keep browsing...I wont be selling much for quite a while yet, but as I keep thinking about it, its best to have a plan in place beforehand.
Yep, you can use your profile and signature for advertising your shop. No problem. I have my sale thread in my signature as well as links to my lineage and art threads. If you're ever unsure about something, don't be afraid to ask. Many of us are more than happy to help out a fellow Magi. You can also contact staff if you are not sure something is allowed or not. ^_^

Yeah, there are lots of critters, which, I agree, can make pricing a pain. You can choose to specialize in specific creatures, that way you have less things to price, or if you opt to sell everything you get a hold of, you can break the pricing up into groups. Like, common stream critters are say... 200g each. Uncommon - 300g. Rares - 800g. I'm just throwing numbers out there, so no need to price them like that. Just using that as an example. For rarities, you can look at the Besitiary. Each critter from the stream has how common it is to be found in the stream on their page. For other critters, if you're unsure about the going rate, particularly limited critters from events, you can always search the Waynal for the average sale price listings or ask in the How Much Is It Worth thread.

To answer your haggling question, think of your shop/sale thread like an actual business. You don't tend to haggle prices at a actual store. It all comes down to competitive pricing. Take a look around, see what the prices are on average in other shops/sale threads and use that as a basis for your own pricing. Pay attention to demand. If a critter tends to sell out of shops really fast (the Borean Wolves from the Stream are an example), you can typically ask more for these than for critters that tend to not be as popular.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Chimera
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chimera »

I'm always so out of touch when it comes to start dates for events on this site... Shouldn't valentines have begun already? I thought it started a few days prior and ended a few days later-- not quite as long as the magiversary or Halloween; but at least beginning sometime before rather than the day of

Return to “Community Discussion”