How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Karzarill »

You gotta not be thinking at all to eat something that's been left out for so long, like why would you even think of eating that to begin with? :derp:
lolacharm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by lolacharm »

AssassinsCreed wrote:
Sochitelya wrote:Fucking clickbait 'news'.

Healthy 20-year-old DIES after eating leftover pasta... that was left out almost a week at room temperature.
WHy would anyone eat pasta that was out in the open... :derp: just the smell should be enough to keep you away from it D:
The story is that the guy did food prep, and after it having been left out, his roommate put it in the fridge thinking it was still good. The guy ate it even though it tasted funny because he thought it was from a new sauce he was using.

My boyfriend will leave cooked meat out overnight...I don't get it. Like why gamble?!
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

lolacharm wrote:
AssassinsCreed wrote:
Sochitelya wrote:Fucking clickbait 'news'.

Healthy 20-year-old DIES after eating leftover pasta... that was left out almost a week at room temperature.
WHy would anyone eat pasta that was out in the open... :derp: just the smell should be enough to keep you away from it D:
The story is that the guy did food prep, and after it having been left out, his roommate put it in the fridge thinking it was still good. The guy ate it even though it tasted funny because he thought it was from a new sauce he was using.

My boyfriend will leave cooked meat out overnight...I don't get it. Like why gamble?!
That makes more sense than just having it sit on the table for 5 days then eat it.

I kinda wanna know that too, I've already had a run in with food that made me sick before, that's more than enough for me. Usually if something tastes funny I don't eat it since I don't wanna risk getting sick again.
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

Thinking about opening a shop again. I just remember it being stressful, and that no one shopped in it. There was little payoff :derp:
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: See that? That's reality. I used to live there, but I moved.

Post by ShadowOfThePhoenix »

DarrkestDrow wrote:
ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote:Why in the world do I have constant headaches and eye pain lately? It’s not debilitating - the most that’ll happen is that sometimes my head will pound so much I feel like I’m going to fall over - but it’s a nuiscance more than anything. I have no idea where this constant pain is coming from.
The most common culprits of symptoms like that is high (or low) blood pressure, or dehydration. Not saying that is the cause in your case but I know when that happens to me I increase my water intake and it usually helps (if not stops) the symptoms. ...Until I start slacking on my fluid intake and it starts all over again. :derp:
I don't think I have bad blood pressure, and I drink a healthy amount of water, so I don't think that's it, but I dunno??
CinnaminDraconna wrote:
ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote:Why in the world do I have constant headaches and eye pain lately? It’s not debilitating - the most that’ll happen is that sometimes my head will pound so much I feel like I’m going to fall over - but it’s a nuiscance more than anything. I have no idea where this constant pain is coming from.
When was the last time you had an eye exam? Constant headaches can also be a symptom of bad vision; your eyes struggle to see things and get overworked and overtired. Do you find yourself squinting a lot? Or does light bother you.. too bright or too dark? Do things get blurry close up or at a distance?

Hypertension or high blood pressure could be at fault... or even Diabetes.. but I'd get an eye exam before anything else. It could be something as simple as needing glasses or if you already have glasses, a new prescription.
My vision is 20/20 and I don't really have problems with it, I don't need glasses and don't find myself straining or squinting. I AM extremely light sensitive though... to the point where I can't step foot outside without sunglasses, and if I do it's really painful. I've even had to wear sunglasses indoors before. :')
Unfortunately glasses are really uncomfortable for me, no matter how supposedly 'well fitted' they are, which is why I don't wear them as much as I should.
And is that really what's giving me headaches all the time? I have no idea

Thanks for the responses though, maybe I should get it checked out
Image Commission me? Image w i p Image

Thanks SO much for the Christmas gifts!

ImageImage
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Light sensitivity can be very problematical. I have 2 visual problems; astigmatism and light sensitivity.. and as far as I know they are not related to each other. But I manage both with a simple solution.. prescription sunglasses. The prescription part for the astigmatism and sunglasses for the sensitivity.

I'm also starting to develop night blindness which is related to the sensitivity.. glare is what gets me, too bright during daylight and car headlights at night.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

So, St Louis isn't known for it's big comic conventions. I took my grandkids to their first one last year and they enjoyed it, but we didn't take them to any of the panels because sitting quietly is not really their thing. lol This year, I decided to get my tickets early and got the weekend passes for a discount rate but not planning on taking the grandkids for all 3 days. The first guests were just announced and top of the list is Jason Momoa! :woo: <3 :t-poledance: Sorry kids, grandma's gonna be a puddle!
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
Jinzeiu
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jinzeiu »

The interview went alright, but it barely counted as an interview. I'm supposedly getting a call at the end of the week for the 'real' interview. Now I get to worry for a week more. :derp:
Shadowolf64
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shadowolf64 »

Spoiler
So, my mom’s dog ripped one of his back tonails out this morning by accident. My mom took him to our vet, and they wouldn’t see him since we didn’t have an appointment. And then the lady at the front desk wouldn’t even consult a vet tech when trying to book an appointment. She’s all ‘well I guess you’ll want to watch it and see what happens. How about Friday?’ A whole damn week? When he was bleeding everywhere? And then she said he could be left there in hopes a vet tech could look at him eventually, but nobody would be watching him in the meantime in case he started chewing his paw or bleeding again. We’ve been going to that office for around fifteen years or so, since we moved here. They’ve always been very good. But this desk lady was an absolute idiot. ‘Oh yeah we’ll totally wait a week when he’s been bleeding.’ Convinced my mom to take him to the pet hospital. He’s doing okay now, just has to wear a baggy over his foot when going outside to keep it dry. He’s got a cute green wrapping on his foot. Not too happy about being on ‘couch rest’ though.
To hatchling only: ImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist!
[LTT Date] Dark Umbral Fox!
Please check out my LTS thread!
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Out of all the siblings, I have 1 fully biological brother. 3 'half' siblings, we weren't raised to acknowledge the half though, and 2 fully adopted. It had made for some wildly amusing dna tests as everyone slowly gets them. We know that that's not how DNA works and these results are faulty to say the least. We've always treated it as a curiosity and amusement with possible leads for further research by more legitimate means. Today my biobrother got his results back.

Behind the spoiler is me facing a hard reality that one of my ancestors stories will never be known.
Spoiler
The Native American is so nominal its only on the detailed results page. It's there, but with a 0. in front of it and a line about how low it is they can't tell if it's from a North American or Central American tribe. I've already done more research than the shady novelty dna results can support. We knew that though, she's so many generations back - my attempts to research it were only for the sake of her story. We have detailed life stories of people from fucking 900, but nothing on her. It just stings, ya know?

It's that old cliche that silence screams volumes.

It's not about claiming culture, or heritage - it never was. It's about her. Everyone in the family tree has 3 or 4 pages of their life story - yes, even the ones from 900. Genealogy week in the 4th grade was interesting, my itty bitty self trying to push a freaking wheelbarrow full of paper in. Everyone except her.

I have thousands of pages full of words and a page with 10 words on it.

It's just a name, birth date - location and death date - graveyard with a short list of kids. Through actual genealogical research and a whole lot of archive diving, I've narrowed it down to 4 possibilities, the strongest being Kiwigapawa / Kickapoo but it is really looking like the parents generation and our generation might be too late to ever know for sure. Since physical records no longer exist, DNA was a (knowingly) very slim last shot at being a last hope for a lead. Something that I could work with in the Archives.

We do know that she was 'adopted' out of a Christian boarding school from a Reservation in Oklahoma - one that was particularly known for raising Native Children to hate themselves. But that's the only piece of paper about her that exists. Everything else was destroyed. I hate that that is the only line I can add that's certain. It's messed up. Aside from digging her up ... even then what could be gained is slim. A bit about diet, a tribal name, but not her story.

Her life. What she did, who she was. That page will always be blank. Which does not speak well for my period relatives, who should have written this shit down.
However, we are - according to shady dna results - 50% Viking, 40% Irish, with near equal percentages of Italian, Romanian and Jewish. Romanian and Jewish are the surprise and I'll be looking into them, with actual archive diving. See if it's real or not.

No he did not use the one with the leaf that one is actually the most 'junkie' of dna tests you can take. They've actually been sued by people who can prove that they're making shit up. Nor was it the one with the number.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.

Return to “Community Discussion”