How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: See that? That's reality. I used to live there, but I moved.

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by ShadowOfThePhoenix »

Faleep wrote:
lolacharm wrote:Don't artists usually watermark and send a low res version of the image to show the work is done? Then you pay and get the full version?
This is how most honest artists do it. It’s how I do it
I always ask for payment first since I've heard lots of bad stories of artists getting cheated. They spend hours drawing something for someone, then send them a low res version and the person suddenly refuses to pay.
Of course, artists can also cheat their customers, so there's no real winning in this situation... What I do is try to be really fast with my artwork and send my customer plenty of WIPs so they know I'm working on it (and so they can tell me if they want anything changed). I also post low-res versions of the finished commissions online when I'm done with them, so any future potential customers can see that I really do finish commissions lol.
I dunno if any of that made sense... but every artist does things differently, so it's up to them how they work, I guess.
Image Commission me? Image w i p Image

Thanks SO much for the Christmas gifts!

ImageImage
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

Raneth wrote:Turns out my tooth just needed a filling, but it was a deep filling that may fail. Hang in there, tooth...
I have a deep filling as well.Im sure your tooth will be okay.Isnt it fun to have problematic teeth? :lol:
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

I really hope I get a job confirmation soon. I need to see what the work schedule is before I start booking my international flights.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Damn. I want this house. I mean, just look at this kitchen!

The rest of the house is pretty nice too. Massive master bedroom, walk-in closets, includes a hot tub on the back deck, 4 fenced pastures, a barn, a greenhouse... It sits on 75 acres to boot. And all they want is $400k. Like, I wish I had the money right now. I totally want this place! D:

Sadly, Revan is broke at the moment. :sulk:
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Sanax
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sanax »

What's the point of your job asking you to fill out an availability form, if they always end up scheduling you outside of the times that you're available? :sulk:

I'm available in the afternoons and evenings, so why am I scheduled in at 9 AM tomorrow?

My boss said it's cause of the Super Bowl and they need us in early to do stuff, and so we'll get to go home and watch it. I'm.... not watching it. :D My team isn't in it, so what do I care? :lol:

But honestly, I'm not available in the mornings for a reason, so please don't schedule me in the mornings. :derp:
To hatchling only, please.
ImageImageImageImageImage

To adult, thank you. c:
None at the moment.
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Revan wrote:Damn. I want this house. I mean, just look at this kitchen!

The rest of the house is pretty nice too. Massive master bedroom, walk-in closets, includes a hot tub on the back deck, 4 fenced pastures, a barn, a greenhouse... It sits on 75 acres to boot. And all they want is $400k. Like, I wish I had the money right now. I totally want this place! D:

Sadly, Revan is broke at the moment. :sulk:
Excuse me? All they want is 400k for that thing? ...Wish I had money too haha that'd be nice. Where in the world is that, if you don't mind my asking?

ImageImage
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote: Excuse me? All they want is 400k for that thing? ...Wish I had money too haha that'd be nice. Where in the world is that, if you don't mind my asking?
Yep! Apparently they're selling it due to health reasons. Given that they are also selling all the farm equipment and a number of vehicles as well, I am assuming they're either moving to a nursing home or at the very least into city limits.

It's located in southern Oregon. Here's the listing:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1020 ... lpage=true

There's also a link to a website with further details: http://www.circlestarranch.info

I am absolutely in love with it, but sadly at the moment, no money. I'd have to sell my own house first anyway, which we're working on, but it's just a bad time of year to sell, especially in our area. Still, I am hopeful that at some point, maybe not this particular home, but we find something we like once we have the money.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Revan wrote:
ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote: Excuse me? All they want is 400k for that thing? ...Wish I had money too haha that'd be nice. Where in the world is that, if you don't mind my asking?
Yep! Apparently they're selling it due to health reasons. Given that they are also selling all the farm equipment and a number of vehicles as well, I am assuming they're either moving to a nursing home or at the very least into city limits.

It's located in southern Oregon. Here's the listing:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1020 ... lpage=true

There's also a link to a website with further details: http://www.circlestarranch.info

I am absolutely in love with it, but sadly at the moment, no money. I'd have to sell my own house first anyway, which we're working on, but it's just a bad time of year to sell, especially in our area. Still, I am hopeful that at some point, maybe not this particular home, but we find something we like once we have the money.
That's gorgeous! I relate to not having money. Plus I dunno if I'd wanna live in that area specifically, but who knows. It's an absolutely lovely place. Whoever ends up buying it is gonna be pretty lucky lol

ImageImage
Revan
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote: That's gorgeous! I relate to not having money. Plus I dunno if I'd wanna live in that area specifically, but who knows. It's an absolutely lovely place. Whoever ends up buying it is gonna be pretty lucky lol
I know, right? I agree, the area is not my personal favorite, but I find that the house is nice enough to overlook the location. :lol: Right now I'm really just 'window shopping' as it were until we can sell our own home and buy a new one.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Revan wrote:
ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote: That's gorgeous! I relate to not having money. Plus I dunno if I'd wanna live in that area specifically, but who knows. It's an absolutely lovely place. Whoever ends up buying it is gonna be pretty lucky lol
I know, right? I agree, the area is not my personal favorite, but I find that the house is nice enough to overlook the location. :lol: Right now I'm really just 'window shopping' as it were until we can sell our own home and buy a new one.
I'd just like to live at a much higher elevation than that lol. And I don't know anything about the surrounding area, so I'm not sure how far away it is from necessities like stores. I'd love to live in an open area without too many other homes or buildings in general, but I also think it would be nice if certain necessary places were at least fairly close by.
Good luck looking for a new home!

ImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”