How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by MistyoC »

WillowA wrote:
MistyoC wrote: Contrary to popular belief, arthritis does not only affect older persons. My son was diagnosed at 5.
This is true; I read about it online before. I'd been under the impression for the longest time that it only affects older folks. My Grandmom had it and my Mom has a very, very mild case of it (she's not in any pain but it can flare up once every so often) so I can only imagine that I might be doomed to get it, due to family history. :lol:

But wow, to get it at such a young age? It it serious (like it can be for older people) or is there any way to treat it for him?
His type is systemic (soJIA), so it is very serious. He gets IV treatments every 2 weeks and takes pills morning and evening.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
ApprenticeCrone
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ApprenticeCrone »

That sounds really hard on your son! Is there a climate which is better for him or is it unrelated to weather?

edit: I mean this in a theoretical/general sense, in terms of some climates being better and some being worse. I have no clue where you guys are and don't mean to pry in that sense, more curious if systemic arthritis is climate/weather linked in any way.
Clicks appreciated:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Loaning out doni pets for breeding: FREE -see profile for details, then pm me
WillowA
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by WillowA »

ApprenticeCrone wrote:That sounds really hard on your son! Is there a climate which is better for him or is it unrelated to weather?

edit: I mean this in a theoretical/general sense, in terms of some climates being better and some being worse. I have no clue where you guys are and don't mean to pry in that sense, more curious if systemic arthritis is climate/weather linked in any way.
That does sound horrible. :(

I've found personally, when the weather is warmer, my joints hurt a lot less. When it's cold out, I get more pain. At least it's getting warmer now; that's a plus. :D I guess it's to do with the cold making your muscles tense up to keep warm and it causes pain? And the warm relaxes the muscles and eases pain. I'm not sure but I think I've heard that somewhere before. XD

ImageImageImageImage

I have creatures in my Nursery Tab to be clicked on!

MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

While cold is hard on him, heat can be too. I know a few people who've moved to try and accommodate their kids' conditions, but it doesn't seem to have much affect.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

My last con was this weekend. I move out of Texas in 2 months.

It was a clusterfuck of unimaginable proportions due to Mark Hamil, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Norman Reedus, and Tim Curry being there. I hate when it gets like that, but I got to see some of my favorite friends anyway.

I will say, Tim Curry breaks my heart now. He looks so bad after his stroke. He looked so miserable there taking photos, but people were saying he was arguing with the volunteers because they wanted him to take a lot of breaks and he was telling them no because people paid money to see him. He owed it to them to stay.
SleepySpaceDad
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by SleepySpaceDad »

Anyone online who knows how to use photoshop?
PM me if you want my discord.
Steam
Mockingbird
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mockingbird »

Soleil wrote:My last con was this weekend. I move out of Texas in 2 months.

It was a clusterfuck of unimaginable proportions due to Mark Hamil, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Norman Reedus, and Tim Curry being there. I hate when it gets like that, but I got to see some of my favorite friends anyway.

I will say, Tim Curry breaks my heart now. He looks so bad after his stroke. He looked so miserable there taking photos, but people were saying he was arguing with the volunteers because they wanted him to take a lot of breaks and he was telling them no because people paid money to see him. He owed it to them to stay.
Sounds like Megacon last year :haha:

That sounds terrible about Tim Curry. :( He's coming to mega and I'm debating about buying a picture with him but if he's gonna put his health on the backburner for it... T_T
PM me if interested in selling, haven't made a new topic yet <3
ImageImageImage
Tyriagris
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyriagris »

SleepySpaceDad wrote:Anyone online who knows how to use photoshop?
-raises hand-
Ye, what do you need?
SleepySpaceDad
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by SleepySpaceDad »

Tyriagris wrote:
-raises hand-
Ye, what do you need?
I need you to give this gator the "ass ass" sunglasses.
Spoiler
PM me if you want my discord.
Steam
Tyriagris
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyriagris »

SleepySpaceDad wrote:
Tyriagris wrote:
-raises hand-
Ye, what do you need?
I need you to give this gator the "ass ass" sunglasses.
Spoiler
Give me two ticks^^

Return to “Community Discussion”