Carnotaurra (Tiexos Ixsu x Latifra Beast)

A Damaged Beastiary
GoblinShark
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Carnotaurra (Tiexos Ixsu x Latifra Beast)

Post by GoblinShark »

Original doodle in spoiler so DD's beautiful contribution continues to make sense.
Spoiler
Egg:
This egg has four horns poking out of it.

I can't write proper descriptions I'm happy with, so basic information spiel incoming:
  • This is supposed to be a carnotaurus, as I'd hope the name would get it across. First idea was being half delroch instead of bison (with the name "Char"notaurus due to the fire powers), but as those can't breed the bison was the next best thing. I figure combining taurus with terra works for a more earth-aligned animal.
  • It's supposed to be a large but not too large predator, standing at about half the height of the ixsu parent. Big predator compared to real animals, small compared to some predators that exist on MS.
  • Its front-most pair of horns are there for show, but the back pair has the same general powerset as those of the bison parent. It's not quite as fast-acting as the bison parent's power, requiring either prolonged contact or multiple jabs instead of a single touch, but it gets the job done.
  • It's an aggressive as hell animal, prone to using its horns in any altercation no matter how small, so they generally get fitted with a nose-ring that magically contains their power. Being jabbed by an individual with a nose-ring just means a nice new hole in your body, not being turned to stone. I'd guess the ring probably helps with aggression too.
  • Though capable of crashing through their statues with ease, they prefer to scream at them to shatter them. Dinosaurian opera singer, why not.
  • They're capable of subsisting on grass, but prefer meat.
  • The hatchlings are grumpy, and adults keep this behavior, tending to be solitary. The mage owner is tolerated, or possibly even liked, but more others aren't.
Last edited by GoblinShark on March 5th, 2017, 10:29:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
psssst
hey you
yeah you
Gobs's Totally Legit And Completely Legal Back Alley Bargains
oh wait hey the thread's gone
whoops
DoomedDaphnia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: WIP Carnotaurra (Tiexos Ixsu x Latifra Beast)

Post by DoomedDaphnia »

ur welcome

Return to “February 2017 Monthly Contest”