A Damaged Beastiary
Greirat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Moss Wyrm

Post by Greirat »

Topo Wyrm x Moss Snail = Moss Wyrm

This brown and green egg seems to have a dark brown tail wrapping around it.

As hatchlings, it is nearly impossible to identify a male from a female. But regardless of this fact, both males and females have a grand time running around the gardens, eating bugs, insects, and digging in dirt. Hatchlings tend to be very curious creatures, often getting themselves stuck in water pales or spouts. While this may be an amusing sight to see, when these creatures do get stuck, they start to ooze a slimy substance from their pores, making them quite slippery and gooey. While this slime may look harmless, it is actually has a numbing effect to those who touch it, leaving one without the sense of touch for hours at a time.

ImageF // MImage
Moss Wyrms never loose a sense a wonder and can be seen tripping people in the gardens with their tails heavy tails, happily chittering away in amusement. But they can also be seen helping gardeners with their work, though this typically involves patting the ground flat with their tales and then promptly going to dig another hole. Adults don't get much bigger then an iguana and do tend to spend a good part of their day digging in the dirt to make a nesting cave in the corner of the keep gardens. Adults also seem to spend more time dirty then clean, running right back to the dirt the minute they are free from a bath. Because of this they tend to track dirt all over the keep and since they can cling to just about anything, it is a laborious task to try and clean anything Moss Wyrms stick too.

General Description
These creatures are very helpful to gardeners because Moss Wyrms tend to eat only bugs and insects who would do harm to plants. Moss Wyrms are gentle and docile creatures, rarely becoming angry. If they do become enraged though, adults will wack you with their heavy tail and naw at you with tiny sharp teeth. If they become caught or are tried to be eaten, they will secrete a slimy ooze that leaves the attacker numb for hours. Moss Wyrms, like the Topo Wyrm, love to play in the dirt, even as adults. They tend to make their caves in the corners of gardens using dirt, twigs, and other plant material. Females have moss growing from their tails that a deep green and brown. Males on the other hand sport a blue-green moss beard and during the mating seasons, the longer the beard, the better chances are that they will find a mate. Moss Wyrms hate to have their moss cut from them, but provided enough treats, one may let a magi cut a few inches from their mossy tails or necks. This moss can then be eaten if cooked properly. It is not harmful to magi, but can in fact provide a great boost of energy. This moss, like that of the Moss Snail, can also be used in potions to make them stronger.
Image|Image|Image|Image|Image|Image| Image All Artwork Is Made By Me

LTB Creatures
[ Updated: 3/09/17 ]
"We don't just walk around all stabby, stabby you know."Image
ElementalNovel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Moss Wyrm

Post by ElementalNovel »

These guys remind me of the little salamanders you find out in the woods around where I live. :t-:) Makes sense that they'd be part snail and part wyrm!
T I M S H E L ImageImageImageBut this- this is a ladder to climb to the stars...
I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul.
It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe.
It is always attacked and never destroyed— because "Thou mayest."
Greirat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Moss Wyrm

Post by Greirat »

They do don't they!
That's a good analogy! :t-^_^:
Image|Image|Image|Image|Image|Image| Image All Artwork Is Made By Me

LTB Creatures
[ Updated: 3/09/17 ]