Tattoos and Piercings

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

1anioh
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Re: Tattoos and Piercings

Post by 1anioh »

TNHawke wrote:I have a question for everyone.

My beloved fiance died suddenly on March 31st.

I'm considering getting a commemorative tattoo. I know what it would be, but I'm wondering what a good location would be. I would like it to be unobtrusive, but *I* want to see it regularly.

Where would you recommend? Or would you recommend against doing such a thing, and why?
I'm sorry for your loss.

There are two places I would recommend would be your inner wrist area and your upper chest. Both places can be covered with clothes but both are fairly easy to stare at should you desire too.
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Doesn't inner wrist hurt though? At least, I've always been told that areas of thin skin right over bone and tendons and such hurts more than an area of thicker skin over muscle.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
1anioh
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by 1anioh »

TNHawke wrote:Doesn't inner wrist hurt though? At least, I've always been told that areas of thin skin right over bone and tendons and such hurts more than an area of thicker skin over muscle.
They didn't hurt as bad for me as say the one on my back did. I suppose though it's all about your pain tolerance. It was a bit like getting a hot razor rubbed over my skin. Getting one on your chest is going to hurt worse then on the wrists though, simply because the chest is usually more boney.
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

:: pokes the 'padding' on her chest :: Nope, not boney here! lol. I've got a friend who has a lot of ink coming to visit at the end of the month. I think I'll talk to her about it, and maybe have her hold my hand if I do get something done.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
Igloo
CreaturesTrade

Post by Igloo »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?:
Yes, I have my ears pierced and I'm planning to maybe get a septum piercing some day
If not, Are you against them in any way?

Do you think that people who have them should immediately be looked down upon because of it?
Of course not, it's their body they can do whatever they wish, plus it's a way to express yourself and stand out
Why do you think people should/should not have them?
I don't think a person should/should not have them, it's up to the person I don't look at a person in any other way if they don't/do have tattoos/piercings.
In the work force, should a tattoo or a piercing be the deciding factor in whether or not they get a job?
It depends on the job and what the person has tattoos on them. like if you wanted to be a person who works with children you shouldn't hire a person with really inappropriate/gang tattoos.
ImageR.I.PImage
sannesara
CreaturesTrade

Post by sannesara »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?
No, I do not have any. I love how tattoos look, but like some of you in here, my parents would most likely disapprove and hear none of it. I live in a family-oriented country and parents are to be highly respected, so it's quite hard to get back up during arguments. I'm quite scared of piercings, and I have low hygiene practices, so I'm afraid that I'll just get myself infected.

No, and no one is capable of changing that.

Do you think that people who have them should immediately be looked down upon because of it?
Correction: NO ONE should be looked down upon no matter the reason.

If you want them, go ahead. If they don't then cool. It's definitely up to the person if they want to or don't, not because they should or should not.

In the work force, should a tattoo or a piercing be the deciding factor in whether or not they get a job?
There are certain jobs that really will not fit with someone who have tattoos or piercings, like being a manager in a luxurious cruise ship, or any job that require formal attire and attitude. However, it shouldn't be the WHOLE reason as to why they don't get the job.
「痛みは避けがたいが. 苦しみはオプショナル.」
Volbeatic
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Volbeatic »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?:
I have a number of both. I have three tattoos, two of which are large magpie birds on my shoulder blades on my back, each carrying a drama mask. The third tattoo is the anti-possession symbol from supernatural on my upper left part of my chest, easily concealable with clothes and my long hair. As for piercing I have only done things to my ear. I have normal pierced lobes, a second hole on both ears, a cartilage piercing on my left ear, and an upper helix and tragus piercing on my right ear. i also wear earings in my lobes that *look* like gauges but act like normal earings.
Not one bit.
I feel that people should at least give them higher consideration than looking down upon them. There is no reason to be so biased, unless the tattoos are EXTREMELY inappropriate or vulgar.
I feel like they truly express the person who has them. These are things that only that person would get, especially if they designed the tattoos themselves (which I did for my magpies). I feel like they should give everything about it a lot of thought, because it is something you will live with for the rest of your life as far as tattoo goes. Piercings can always be removed and healed up. Though I find that the piercings people get as "projects" (on their collar bone, etc.) are weird, out of place, and serve no function other than being caught on your clothes.
I feel no matter the job, you should ALWAYS LOOK YOUR BEST. Whether this requires you to hide some tattoos that are not meant to be seen, or be able to show off a very nice, elegant tattoo. If you would show piercings, maybe just make sure they look nice, clean. I have nothing against the work force deciding against tattoos and piercings, just what I would like to see as a consumer or customer of that business/workplace.
  • vol - any pronouns
    deviantart
    discord;
    Volbeatic#4773
Wystream
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wystream »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?: No
If not, Are you against them in any way? Personally, I don't get them for 3 reasons
1) I hate pain and tattoos look painful
2) I don't want to worry about getting one that I may regret or look bad when I get older
3) For religious reasons
But I don't judge anyone who has one. It's your body. Do what you want with it.
Of course not! That's like judging people that have ear piercings. Tattoos and other markings don't define character...unless the tattoo is a hate symbol, then yeah I'd look down upon them.
I have no comment here.
No. Uniforms cover up most tattoos and as long as the tattoo isn't offensive, that person should get the job based on their SKILLS instead of their appearance.
Image ImageImageImageImage I do clickbacks! PM me
aButteredBanana
CreaturesTrade

Post by aButteredBanana »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?: I have only the standard ear ring piercings. I'm going to assume you mean on the cartilage, tongue, belly, etc. I have no tattoos.
If not, Are you against them in any way? I am not against them in any way. I see them as ways of expressing oneself. If that means having tattoos all over someone's body, then by all means go for it! Same with piercings! I just hope they do it in a safe way. :t-^_^:
Do you think that people who have them should immediately be looked down upon because of it? Of course not. Never look down on someone until you have met them. It is horrible to think that people aren't open minded about people who have tattoos and/or piercings. A lot of them are sweet people.
Why do you think people should/should not have them? I think, as said before, they allow the person to express themselves on their bodies. Expressing oneself is great in my opinion and lets the world know about them in more ways than just talking and getting to know someone. Each tattoo or piercing can have a story behind it.
In the work force, should a tattoo or a piercing be the deciding factor in whether or not they get a job? No. It's unfair to those who have gone through a lot of trouble to get to where they are able to apply to a job and then to have it snatched by someone who isn't as qualified all because of a tattoo or piercing. It's really cruel and can make someone hate themselves over something that they should love.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dekubean
CreaturesTrade

Post by dekubean »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?
Not yet !
Nope... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it kind of annoys me when people who don't agree with tattoos/etc downgrade somebody as a person in their own mind just based off of that fact.
Of course not, that's dumb. It's your physical appearance, not your personality and character. People make their judgements too quickly. And besides, you should be able to do what you want to yourself, it IS your body after all.
I have no real statement as to why people SHOULD have them. The only reason I can think of for someone to not get one is if they are young... Like, say, a 14 y/o boy... Who is going to feel regret later lmao.
I don't think so, no.

Return to “Hall of Speakers”