The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ApprenticeCrone
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Post by ApprenticeCrone »

Er, sorry, I'm so used to distances in the U.S. that that seems a little silly to me... I mean I'm going to Ulm, right? But I'm looking at flights pretty much all over Europe and then swapping to the train, and considering spending most of the week in Paris because it's SO much cheaper (although maybe I just don't know where to look) and popping over only for that actual day...
But it all seems so close together, really. Munich and Dusseldorf are only about 400, maybe 500 miles apart, right?
Maybe I'm looking at the scale on this map wrong...

(it's a 4-day train trip to see my oldest sister, and she's only halfway across the country, here. To put it in perspective.)
Clicks appreciated:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Loaning out doni pets for breeding: FREE -see profile for details, then pm me
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Niverdia »

Yeah, in Europe, things are much closer together/habitation is much denser, therefore understanding of distance is different, too.
My grandmother lives ~120 miles away. To me, that's already really far and inconvenient. On the plus side, in many places, having a car isn't a necessity for getting around.
ApprenticeCrone
CreaturesTrade

Hmmm.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up getting to Ulm via Riga... it's $50 more. ... :smirk: Want to show me your city?

(Everything's going through Helsinki. What is in Helsinki? I may as well stay there a day, but I know nothing about the place...)
Clicks appreciated:
Spoiler

Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Niverdia »

ApprenticeCrone wrote:Hmmm.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up getting to Ulm via Riga... it's $50 more. ... :smirk: Want to show me your city?
My living situation doesn't allow hosting any guests, but staying isn't expensive here, and I know a lot of strange Latvian places. :smirk:
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

ApprenticeCrone wrote:Hmmm.

(Everything's going through Helsinki. What is in Helsinki? I may as well stay there a day, but I know nothing about the place...)
I'm in Helsinki. :derr:
ApprenticeCrone
CreaturesTrade

That might be really fun... let me check train ticket availability to get to Ulm in time.

Also, what's the visa requirements for Latvia? I don't need to do anything special to visit with a tourist visa, right?

Wait, you ARE?!! Rosehill... want to show me your city, too? :evil:
Clicks appreciated:
Spoiler

Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

ApprenticeCrone wrote:Wait, you ARE?!! Rosehill... want to show me your city, too? :evil:
Well, okay, not quite in Helsinki (except when I'm at work), but within 20 miles. I can very well show you my city (as long as our schedules match)! :yey:
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MothballMilkshake »

Oh, I just saw the new competition. I wonder what sort of thing I could make...
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
ApprenticeCrone
CreaturesTrade

I'm glad we're archiving these competitions because seeing all the entries is so much fun...

(HOW do I work this thing?! I just want to prepurchase a ticket from the Munich airport to Ulm. I don't care how many transfers it takes, I just need to have enough room between for safety, and to know when I'll get there....)

ANY of you European MSers, please help: How much time does it take for customs, etc. when flying between EU members?

I need to know how much time to leave for that kind of thing. Is two hours enough? Do the lines get crazy and I need to leave 3 or 4? Is a single hour going to be plenty?
Clicks appreciated:
Spoiler

Tinni
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tinni »

ApprenticeCrone wrote:I'm glad we're archiving these competitions because seeing all the entries is so much fun...

(HOW do I work this thing?! I just want to prepurchase a ticket from the Munich airport to Ulm. I don't care how many transfers it takes, I just need to have enough room between for safety, and to know when I'll get there....)

ANY of you European MSers, please help: How much time does it take for customs, etc. when flying between EU members?

I need to know how much time to leave for that kind of thing. Is two hours enough? Do the lines get crazy and I need to leave 3 or 4? Is a single hour going to be plenty?
If you are flying inside the EU, there is no time needed for customs AC. From my experience, you worry about customs only at first point of entry into the EU and the point where you exit the EU.

If Munich is your first point of entry the customs and immigrations people there are very efficient (my experience at least). I have caught a long haul international flight from there arriving just 50 minutes before flight time.
ImageImage
Spoiler
To Hatch only, please

[url=http://magistream.com/creature/7891261][img]http://magistream.com/img/7891261.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/7891482][img]http://magistream.com/img/7891482.gif[/img][/url]
My MD Threads
Spoiler
Image[/center]

Return to “Community Discussion”