Christmas Gifting Event + Giftborn

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ShadowVixen
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Christmas Gifting Event + Giftborn

Post by ShadowVixen »

Kestrad wrote:While I absolutely adore the gifts I got from the Christmas event, I wish people wouldn't jump on others for expressing some disappointment at getting anonymous stream creatures not on their wishlist. I can totally understand the sentiment. I certainly was disappointed during Halloween when I put *many* easy-to-obtain, streamborn creatures on my list, and still got several anonymous, noteless eggs that were for creatures I don't really like. While I was glad to be gifted at all, it was still tempered with disappointment at how impersonal those gifts were.
I have to second this. Theres really no need at all to jump on people. When your tossed a random creature you don't like without even a note its hard not to be disappointed.

I was lucky this time with my gifts. I mostly got what I asked for and I even got a few wonderful surprises. (Thank you again) I only had a couple of random eggs with no message. But I love the gifting event non the less. I find it fun trying to get creatures everyone wants, even of theres no giftborn. I don't like the suggestion a few people had about making the giftborn untradeable if it comes back though. This year I was breeding and gave out a couple of last year's gift born. Which I wouldn't be able to do anymore if that happened.
Senzafine
CreaturesTrade

Post by Senzafine »

Mine gendered quite well ='3 I even got one I wanted to grow (after failing to hatch the right gender from what I'd been catching), but at under 1%, I kinda want to freeze it as a hatchling--they're too cute. I also didn't get too many eggs, like some people did--I got like half eggs, half hatchlings X'D

My first badge, too~ It looks good there~ X'3
25/25 Gifts | Wishlist | Thank you~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon CaveTale of DragonsFlight RisingMy Keep
MSolara
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by MSolara »

NoxNoctis wrote:. But when you get random eggs with no name and no message, I'm not sure they come from the heart. I mean, how hard can it be to write just those two words "Merry Christmas" on the note? It takes what, two seconds?
I must say, I always prefer the message attached on it than the gift itself. It proves the sender really cared about you, even if it's just a ocuple words, it makes you feel warm inside. And I'm pretty sure most here will agree with me on that. ^.^
This! I understand that many users may not have the gold/creatures to get you something more than a random streamborn. But when they send it annonymously, I really believe they were sending it just to fill their quota of gifts to get a giftborn.

Back on topic... I really do not care about getting a giftborn or not. I am more than content with hoarding the new Pegasi, and the Savises are really nice too! :t-swoon: Besides, we got 25 presents (most of which came from the heart!), a pretty badge, and that is enough for me!
DC scroll.
Evergen Weyr: a Dragonrider's of Pern RP site :haha:
Senzafine
CreaturesTrade

Post by Senzafine »

I pelted a couple of late-wishers with pegasi before the time was up. That was fun, especially since everyone was scrambling to get them and it was a lot like fishing XD

I sent a few anonymously (after the first send) with wishlist creatures so I didn't look like I was fishing for thank yous.
25/25 Gifts | Wishlist | Thank you~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon CaveTale of DragonsFlight RisingMy Keep
TxCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TxCat »

I can't remember if I made certain my name would be visible on gifts. I didn't care because I wasn't looking for recognition. It's thereforelikely a few went through anonymous. I don't think it's right to say someone didn't care because the gift was given anonymously that person didn't think or care.

I didn't leave notes on any gifts this year either. My time on the computer is limited because I am still so sick. I figured the best use of my time was to gift as many people as possible so that everyone had something and not waste words and energy.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

DC: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Nyoka: ImageImageImage Flowergame: ImageImage
HoneyBunny
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HoneyBunny »

it would have been nice to have a gift born, but i am totally satisified with the new pegasi and the cute little ginger bread mice! :wee: SO ADORABLE!!!! the pegasi were done so beatifully
FREDDIE
ImageImage
Umalia
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Umalia »

Only to Stream creatures I didn't ask for (as well as a few shop pets I could get one my own but I didn't have so no biggie). Not too bad this yeah on that front for me. Hopefully, this practice will get cut a bit since there are no more giftborns it seems. A lot of the people who do that are just in it for that.

I got so many thoughtful gifts (and notes) this year, and the mice and pegasi were gorgeous! I say this was a very successful event. c:
The_PrincessCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by The_PrincessCat »

I am actually more upset that there wasn't a giftborn this year. It is one of the things that keeps me coming back, and that is saying something since I am one of the oldest playing members on the site. I really hope that this isn't going to be a constant thing. I enjoy having pairs of giftborns. It puts a challenge into playing the game. And yes, I do breed them for those who can't get pairs of GBs. It isn't much different to donations in my opinion. Even if (goodness forbid it) you make the giftborns like the Allies, it is still better than not having them at all ....

Anyway ... I put my two cents in. I shall go off and pout about not getting some really good graphics for Christmas .... T.T
Cat's LTB Thread ~~ Always looking to buy my herd creatures~LTB MAY 13~
~Kitsune/Arkenian Kitsune ~ Mist Stalkers ~ Ariessa ~Nulorn ~ Lineages ~[/b]
Firebird
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firebird »

The_PrincessCat wrote:I am actually more upset that there wasn't a giftborn this year. It is one of the things that keeps me coming back, and that is saying something since I am one of the oldest playing members on the site. I really hope that this isn't going to be a constant thing. I enjoy having pairs of giftborns. It puts a challenge into playing the game. And yes, I do breed them for those who can't get pairs of GBs. It isn't much different to donations in my opinion. Even if (goodness forbid it) you make the giftborns like the Allies, it is still better than not having them at all ....

Anyway ... I put my two cents in. I shall go off and pout about not getting some really good graphics for Christmas .... T.T
i have to say i am a little sad there was not any gift born, or the caravan even. But its not something that keeps me from coming back. we did get some good Christmas eggs in the stream though i am egglocked .. hope they stay around a bit
ImageImage
Aggs
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aggs »

I wonder why there was no caravan. I can understand no gift-born, it is sad but I get the point. But why no caravan???

Return to “Community Discussion”