Nighprowlers - Coral's entry

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
coralreef
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Nighprowlers - Coral's entry

Post by coralreef »

Nightprowler

Nightprowlers have compact light gray bodies, strong claws and a fluffy ringed tail. Smaller than other creatures, they stand about half a meter on all four and are extremely agile both on the ground and in trees. Most active after sundown, they will accept any type of food, from insects to fruits or meats. Their nocturnal habits make them hard to see and digging a burrow for nesting renders the eggs difficult to find. The younger Nightprowlers are easily attracted with foods and if they are treated well, they will help their Magi when he or she is travelling at night. Many a Magi has been saved from a bad fall or rogue bandits by the excellent night vision and sense of smell of the loyal Nightprowlers. Tame Nightprowlers have been known to lay their eggs in the Magi’s bedding.

Egg: This egg has a light gray shell with a vicious looking set of claws poking from the top.

Hatchling: The little hatchling’s pointed snout is constantly sniffing around for food and you must keep all containers securely closed and out of reach because sharp claws make short work of anything not metallic. The tail has ring shaped markings of a slightly darker gray than the body fur. It also has darker rounded ears. It tends to sleep most of the day; however it enjoys exploring at night, keeping you awake until morning. A soft purr can be heard when you pet its belly. The tail will stand on end and have a bottle-brush look when it senses danger.

Adult: The adult has more defined markings, the tail rings are either dark gray (female) or black (male) but the ears have not changed color. The claws are also longer and can open small prey with a single swipe. The tail has gained both length and mobility. It can wrap around an object and lift it. Rumour has it that it is strong enough to strangle a man. Although not overly aggressive, the adult Nightprowler will defend its young or Magi to the death if necessary. As it matures, the night time mischief is mostly a thing of the past and they take their guard duty seriously.

Some notes: I can’t draw to save my life, so think racoon or tanuki as basic design for the Nightprowler.

Regards,

Coral
Wish list :
Spoiler
Diamond Wyrm, Cerverid, Equilibrus Narasad, Osseo Arachnid, Vesper Bat, Sangue Dracul, Krampen Beest, Lanoura, Yecu and Moraz Covisflower, Vahti, Ilex Gecko, Chiolin.
Gifts : 12/25 Thank you
Helenarth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Nighprowlers - Coral's entry

Post by Helenarth »

It sounds really interesting, I love the darkness. It's definitely something I'd want.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
shoshee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Nighprowlers - Coral's entry

Post by shoshee »

I want one! I am already set for one, made room in bed for them and eggs! :D :D
Image..
Image ,,,

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”