Keep Story

This section is for any writing set in a world not of your own making, whether it is the Magistream world or any other.

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

nightclaw
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Keep Story

Post by nightclaw »

This is my Keep story, the character called "Mew" in this story is the user worldshaper, Hawke is TNHawke, and Zen is one of my friends on here, though I will not disclose her username unless she wants me to.

Please comment if you like this, or even dislike it --- but please tell me how I can make my writing better if you post. This is a bit violent, so if you do not like violence and blood, kindly do not read. I tried to tone it down a bit, but it's still a little bad.

And... I'll let you read the story now. Bye.

~Night

Prolougue:
I stood half-crouched in a dark clearing in the Silva Forest, watching a direwolf stalk through the forest, stalking an Ibex. I beat my wings silently, and landed on a tree branch where I could see its every movement. I waited a moment, until I was sure I could catch it, and then launched myself at the wolf with wings outstretched to lessen my impact. My teeth fastened in the wolf's throat, and I drew the liquid through my mouth. It tasted like chalk in my mouth. I shoved the carcass away when my belly no longer pounded my brain with its hunger, and looked at the direwolf. It's eyes were a bright gold that steadily dimmed in the few minutes. I saw something strange on her belly, though. I stared in horror, not wanting to see what I saw. I closed the distance, and saw that her stomach nipples were engorged with milk. I looked around, my nostrils flaring. It was my responsibility to find her pups. I was the one who had killed her. I caught her scent, which led me deeper into the forest.

A few minutes later, I hugged the pup to my chest. The little one was a strange white color, unlike her mother's deep brown fur. I looked down at her, and decided to go back to the place where I would be accepted -- the Keep. No one could help me with my vampirism, but I could learn to control my powers and keep others from harm. Like this cub. The little one snuggled close to my chest, probably missing the warmth of its mother. And with that, I decided to name the little one Regulus. A little angel that had come down to show me the error of my ways. Trying to hide when I could possibly do something good for the world. I turned in the direction of the Keep, and spread my wings. I bent my legs and launched myself towards the sky that was gradually lightening with traces of dawn.

Be still, little one. I told the little one telepathically. We're going to a better place now -- where you will be with others of your kind. I would never be with others of my kind. There were none.

Chapter 1:

I looked at the vials of bright red blood on the tabletop in front of me. I put them into an enclosure that would study them and see if it was compatible with my needs. I turned around and looked at the donor. Dressed in a moon-themed robe with direwolves on it and his staff, Mew looked the same as he always did --- as a shaman he almost never changed.

"Think that's enough," I said, and led the was out of the lab. Regulus, and Ice Star, Mew's dire, followed behind us with the soft patter of thier paws. As soon as we were outside, I took a breath of fresh air, trying to purge the scent of blood from my brain. I looked out over the Keep, seeing the changes that had occurred after the Darkness had attacked. The ground around the Keep was scorched and burned, a viscous reminder of all that had happened. We were close to the Keep, being in a cave near it, formed by one of the evil Earth magi that had tried to swallow the Keep into the earth and get rid of the Keep that way.

I turned to Mew, "Think you can get back all right?"
" I will be fine. I can teleport, after all. Go on your way." I launched myself into the air and flew back to the Keep. I looked back, but saw no one near my cave. But... I had forgotten someone. Regulus was loping along behind me, but failing to keep up. I whistled and her ears pricked up. I wheeled and came up from behind her. Timing it perfectly, I caught Regulus along the waist and glided upwards again, riding air currents to keep us aloft. We finally arrived, and I hovered a few feet over the ground before letting got of Regulus. I folded my wings and my knees absorbed the impact squarely.

We walked through the gates that surrounded the village, and into the Merchant's Quarter. Magi were everywhere, buying and selling creatures, giving away creatures, even raffling them off. A familiar direwolf came up to us, and I recognized him immedietly. "Hello, Hawke."

Return to “The Den”