Entry from DelPel: Usarah

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.

What do you think of the Usarah? 1 is bad, 10 is good

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
50%

Total votes: 2

DelPel
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Entry from DelPel: Usarah

Post by DelPel »

I know my art isn't that good >< But I really want to enter, so in case it's being judged on originality and not art...?

Usarah are about the size of their cousins, rabbits, yet they are very different - Usarah live in groups of 10 - 20, not including eggs and hatchlings. They also have a small crystal embedded in their forheads. It is pale green when it hatches, but when they mature it turns a gorgeous sky-blue. This crystal gives them confident mastry over the weather. At the smallest hint of danger, they will not hesitate to use it. Usarah raised in the keep can be a useful companion to any magi kind enough to offer them the respect they deserve.
They can calm the wind on a cold night, inconcpicuously spy on an enemy, and most importantly, provide the company of a wise, yet beautiful creature.

EGG

A soft, velvety ear protrudes from a crack in this tiny egg, and a small gust of wind circles it.

HATCHLING

A tiny rabbit has hatched from the egg. At first, you wonder why it seems so special to you, before you notice three things that separate this tiny rodent from its cousins. First, even as a hatchling, it moves with a grace that the most graceful winged cats can't hope to rival. Secondly, it has a pale green crystal seemingly embedded in its forhead, giving off a flurescent glow. Lastly, a mild breeze gently whips arount the hatchling, buffeting its fur. Suddenly a huge phoenix flies overhead, and the beautiful hatchling cowers away in fear, the wind suddenly turning into a mild tornado and the crystal glowing bright green. You hold the hatchling and cradle it against your chest, calming it. The wind gradually dies down, and the crystal resumes its original mystifying glow. You realise that it was the rabbit causing the wind.

ADULT

The hatchling has matured into a graceful yet agile adult. You wonder how something so small can seem so strong and proud. For a moment, you wonder if this rabbit isn't your hatchling. Your hatchling had a green crystal in its forhead - this one was pale blue. The wind that buffetes around the adult is stronger, and the crystal is giving of a steady blue shine. You can finally appreciate how beautiful this tiny rodent can be, seeing it as an adult. Now, whenever danger is sighted, the adult's keen eyes pick it up in seconds, and a strong wind mysteriously appears, whisking away the threat.

Sorry, I can't update the picture YET. It's drawn, but not scanned yet. What file format do I need to scan it to?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”