Site Outage

Learn about the latest updates here.
Galanor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Site Outage

Post by Galanor »

I lost all of my creatures, as I guess most members did. It's fortunate that I only had four, being a newbie. The only thing is, uh, they were all eggs... and I couldn't help myself from plucking some more from the Stream just now. D: That was... probably bad. Since you can only have four at a time. I already submitted a form for my old critters back (I think it went through, but the page went screwy) before I grabbed the others from the Stream. So what will happen? O-o I think I messed up.
*~--..Image...Image...Image...Image..--~*

I'm new, and still learning the ropes.
KallenTu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by KallenTu »

DevilCrest wrote:
NKfloofiepoof wrote:
I'm confused :tard: Just add random tabs until you hit 50 and see if anything is in them?
From what I understand, you have to keep creating tabs until you max out on tabs, which is 50. After that, start a trade (with anyone - use our old welcome bot, Anna, if you must) and then run through all the tabs and put those creatures into trade.

Once you're done, cancel the trade and the creatures that were in the trade will be in your Main tab.
This doesn't work for me.
Jenisis
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jenisis »

W-wait a second here, you guys lost me. This... has happened.... before?
And he hasn't learned his lesson?
You've gotta be joking.
BACK. IT. UP. My god, at least on DragonCave, when the site goes down, TJ just says "Oh, look at that, I have a BACKUP that I can use to get everyone's dragons back, because I learned my lesson on the day of DATAMONSTER when hundreds of dragons went lost in a crash!" But even back then, he was able to restore most of them because.... HE USED HIS LOGS!!! Dun. Dun. DUUUUUUUUUN!
Dayanaria
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dayanaria »

I'm just upset that everything I've done in the last few months is just completely and utterly gone, I don't have tons of time online so more than the loss of the pets I'm more upset that I no longer have the proof of how I've been spending my free time... I really hate having to re-do something I already did once before, ya know?

I'm glad the site is back up, but I'm really worried that this problem will keep happening, with it being the second crash within just a few months of each other I'm wondering if I should just give up the site alltogether and go to a place where I know this won't happen...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

DevilCrest wrote:
NKfloofiepoof wrote:I'm confused :tard: Just add random tabs until you hit 50 and see if anything is in them?
From what I understand, you have to keep creating tabs until you max out on tabs, which is 50. After that, start a trade (with anyone - use our old welcome bot, Anna, if you must) and then run through all the tabs and put those creatures into trade.

Once you're done, cancel the trade and the creatures that were in the trade will be in your Main tab.
Ohh. Gak - I kinda dread doing that given how many creatures I didn't lose and how particular I am about their sorting :tard:

Above all else, I really, really want a verdict on our hybrids and especially my date-specific ashen shaa.
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
nissedragon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by nissedragon »

DevilCrest wrote:

I followed this, but it didn't work for me.
I lost a bunch of creatures, I don't really recall which. My memory is pretty fucked up--I don't remember much past a few days. Magistream is something I use to pass the time, so yeah it is pretty big deal for me to have lost stuff again. I ate the loss last time because I couldn't remember what I lost. This time... :/
suikun245
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by suikun245 »

Jenisis wrote:W-wait a second here, you guys lost me. This... has happened.... before?
We had a crash at the end of February when we lost everything from February, essentially.
trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

thanks to Tristan and all his hard work to get the Stream back up and running!!

i completely guessed on which Crystalwing i had - i didn't realise the numbers on them - but i only had the one that was all growed up.

i do wish there was a spot for male or female (if of course you remember) because i had 5 dires (4 regular (2 male, 2 female) and 1 albino male) that were specifically named.
Free Critters! message me with which ones you want
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
reading: To Catch a Witch by Heather Blake (#29) | watching: Severance
she/her | discord: trystan830
IFN | dragoncave | trisphee | ravelry | goodreads
SouthernCryptid
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SouthernCryptid »

Maybe we will all get somthing out of this. *hopes, lightly*
clandestine
CreaturesTrade

Post by clandestine »

Dayanaria wrote:
I'm glad the site is back up, but I'm really worried that this problem will keep happening, with it being the second crash within just a few months of each other I'm wondering if I should just give up the site alltogether and go to a place where I know this won't happen...

Ha, that is exactly what I'm going to do as soon as I've vented enough. I've been on this site since a few months after it started and nothing's changed. And yet Dragcave ALWAYS restored my creatures.

AND something else I forgot in my last post. The "publishing usernames" bit ticks me off. Any other website would be GIVING people something free for all the damn trouble, not punishing people.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Site News”