Valentine's Day Critters!!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
sunsprite
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Valentine's Day Critters!!

Post by sunsprite »

Silenxia wrote: February 18th, 2024, 9:29:44 am Dang, I have found only the Amethyst and Albino in the Stream so far.
the elseal and moseal were permanent stream creatures and left the flood earlier than the amethyst and albino (as stated in the creature release news), so thats probably why
elseal + moseal stopped flooding today, and amethyst + albino stop flooding on the 20th !

i thought the regular elseal and moseal were limited before i realized too
xxxxxxpreviously delspresso
[supply my orange rabbitsune addiction]
Myouki
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Myouki »

sunsprite wrote: February 18th, 2024, 9:55:37 pm
Silenxia wrote: February 18th, 2024, 9:29:44 am Dang, I have found only the Amethyst and Albino in the Stream so far.
the elseal and moseal were permanent stream creatures and left the flood earlier than the amethyst and albino (as stated in the creature release news), so thats probably why
elseal + moseal stopped flooding today, and amethyst + albino stop flooding on the 20th !

i thought the regular elseal and moseal were limited before i realized too
Oh, that would explain why I'm only seeing the limited-time variants. Since I've already got my ten parentless creatures, I suppose I'll just stock up on extras of them while I can.
~Mostly looking for shop (especially Water and Herbal), quest, event, and hybrid creatures. Details in my wishlist (updated 12/20/2023), please and thank you~
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

Well, crud. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the flooding ended on different dates. Ugh. Totally didn't even get 6 each of the Elseal and Moseal. Doh. :t-cry:

I click. You click. We all click!
P.S. I love SnapLinks.

<3 Wish List In My Profile <3

STATUS - 4/23/20: Splat.

ImageImageImageImageImage

LittleDragonfly and LittleGreenGirl are my daughters!
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Jadeunicorn wrote: February 19th, 2024, 9:17:07 am Well, crud. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the flooding ended on different dates. Ugh. Totally didn't even get 6 each of the Elseal and Moseal. Doh. :t-cry:
The flooding ended sooner for the Elseal and Moseal because they are PERMANENT creatures that you will be able to capture for years and years. The Albino and Amethyst are limited editions, so their flood lasted longer. So you still have lots and lots of time to catch the regular versions.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

BeeNme wrote: February 16th, 2024, 10:25:14 pm
CinnaminDraconna wrote: February 16th, 2024, 2:29:59 pm
kunigund wrote: February 16th, 2024, 1:56:36 pm @Myouki: Ahhh, that makes sense! Thank you for explaining! :derp:
I think this was where it started, lol.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_Fi ... _Somewhere
The phrase was used long before the song came out. I remember people saying ' it's 5 o'clock somewhere' back in college in the early eighties.
OK, here goes from the widow of an old sailor:
In the old days, time was told on ships by the position of the sun relative to the masts, etc. So first watch, which is the largest due to people being needed to do repairs, clean, etc during daylight hours, started at first light and ended "when the sun goes over the yardarm". Then the first watch could knock off for the day and go have their liquor (which was part of their rations). In later years when the times for the watches was codified and there became 4 watches instead of 2, the day watch started at 9am and went to 3pm. But the sailors (many of whom became civilians after WWII) kept the saying, "Why are you drinking? The sun's not over the yardarm yet!" Which led to the inevitable rejoinder, "Well, it's 3 o'clock SOMEWHERE!", because they'd sailed all over the world and knew local times varied wildly. With corporate America and the "9 to 5" workday the saying became "5 o'clock" instead of "3 o'clock". I heard it even in the 60's. So it's a very old saying that's just morphed through the years.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

froglady wrote: February 19th, 2024, 4:48:43 pm
Jadeunicorn wrote: February 19th, 2024, 9:17:07 am Well, crud. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the flooding ended on different dates. Ugh. Totally didn't even get 6 each of the Elseal and Moseal. Doh. :t-cry:
The flooding ended sooner for the Elseal and Moseal because they are PERMANENT creatures that you will be able to capture for years and years. The Albino and Amethyst are limited editions, so their flood lasted longer. So you still have lots and lots of time to catch the regular versions.
I understand the why. I was lamenting the fact that I hadn't read closer the first time (as should have been clear with the "I wasn't paying attention" statement). And because life is crazy, I have a hard time hunting the stream for permanent critters nowadays, which is why I'm kicking myself for missing what I usually collect for permanent critters as when they flood is when I can usually get them. :t-:(

I click. You click. We all click!
P.S. I love SnapLinks.

<3 Wish List In My Profile <3

STATUS - 4/23/20: Splat.

LittleDragonfly and LittleGreenGirl are my daughters!
SkyeWyven
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SkyeWyven »

Jadeunicorn wrote: February 19th, 2024, 6:12:06 pm
froglady wrote: February 19th, 2024, 4:48:43 pm
I understand the why. I was lamenting the fact that I hadn't read closer the first time (as should have been clear with the "I wasn't paying attention" statement). And because life is crazy, I have a hard time hunting the stream for permanent critters nowadays, which is why I'm kicking myself for missing what I usually collect for permanent critters as when they flood is when I can usually get them. :t-:(
I am kicking myself in the same way. I can never get stream creatures after they stop flooding. The tributaries help a little bit but not all creatures can be found in them and they're still kinda difficult sometimes. I know it's just how this kind of game works but I wish there was some better work-around for it.
"Gotta catch 'em all"

Wishlist is here!
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

Did the Albinos and Amethysts already disappear from the stream or am I having bad luck?

Edit (17 min later): Ah, still here, found one.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Man I really wanted more of those limited creatures but life has been crazy and had no time. sighs
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

froglady wrote: February 19th, 2024, 5:08:56 pm
BeeNme wrote: February 16th, 2024, 10:25:14 pm
CinnaminDraconna wrote: February 16th, 2024, 2:29:59 pm

I think this was where it started, lol.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_Fi ... _Somewhere
The phrase was used long before the song came out. I remember people saying ' it's 5 o'clock somewhere' back in college in the early eighties.
OK, here goes from the widow of an old sailor:
In the old days, time was told on ships by the position of the sun relative to the masts, etc. So first watch, which is the largest due to people being needed to do repairs, clean, etc during daylight hours, started at first light and ended "when the sun goes over the yardarm". Then the first watch could knock off for the day and go have their liquor (which was part of their rations). In later years when the times for the watches was codified and there became 4 watches instead of 2, the day watch started at 9am and went to 3pm. But the sailors (many of whom became civilians after WWII) kept the saying, "Why are you drinking? The sun's not over the yardarm yet!" Which led to the inevitable rejoinder, "Well, it's 3 o'clock SOMEWHERE!", because they'd sailed all over the world and knew local times varied wildly. With corporate America and the "9 to 5" workday the saying became "5 o'clock" instead of "3 o'clock". I heard it even in the 60's. So it's a very old saying that's just morphed through the years.
Thank you for that explanation, I find that fascinating :D
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Community Discussion”