question, less limited creatures released at the same time

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: question, less limited creatures released at the same time

Post by Mochipet »

blockEdragon wrote: November 17th, 2023, 2:22:24 pm New ways to earn gold sound great but right here, right now, everything costs too much, new ways to earn gold are a hypothetical, the ways we earn gold on this site are very calculated at keeping players active and engaged. Mini games sound great but they'll take ages to implemented and we don't even know what they'd look like, also I came here to play magisteam, not minesweeper or whatever so finding a good fit that doesn't feel like an unwanted chore would also be an issue. Prices need to go down across the board.
For sure. I think instead of minigames, perhaps set up quests that actually award a lump sum of gold? Quests are a more firmly established mechanic on Magistream so instead of having quests that only take money from you, having some that will award you gold would be nice too.

Likewise, the achievements are also an established mechanic that can also award gold for completing them. That would give an existing thing a bit more purpose than being a check box list.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

I will not go into details about gold mechanics, as that's a completely different discussion from this thread's topic.

I will just say that quest prices etc. have never been set up with gold mining in sight, since gold mining isn't an official part of the gameplay. Price changes are thus unlikely to happen.

As for retired event creatures being re-released: those do get, and have been, re-released on multiple occasions, and will continue to do so. Some may appear more frequently, some less so, and the methods of re-release may vary as it has done in the past.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Then maybe we need to discuss gold mechanics. I've been here almost since the beginning and gold and the lack thereof has ALWAYS been an issue.. if not THE issue. And because some people had gold, and others didn't, the prices here have been totally outrageous. Not to mention the gold vs shards numbers and how those who could spend real money could always make millions by selling shards.. not so much today, but years ago. Gold mining is simply cause and effect.. outrageous prices, caused gold mining.. and now we're all paying for it.

Maybe I should just stop buying shards and limit myself to creatures that I can catch/breed for FREE.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

For discussion about the gold mechanics I'd encourage everyone to have and keep it on the announcement post about gold mining. A lot of ideas and caveats have already been thrown around there, and I know Raneth's already found some of the ideas there quite appealing. :evil:
WolfyWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by WolfyWolf »

Hopefully enough of a match on the title thread; can anyone explain for me where the Sauin Peist came from? Because it adds to the FOMO is real feeling I've had ever since the site came back up in that I just found out about it, and it looks like it was Halloween DAY exclusive.
Spoiler
Thank You Foxurus <3
3.25 Happy Birthday to me and my Raiju's ^^
Wishlist||My Shop
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

WolfyWolf wrote: November 21st, 2023, 2:25:22 pm Hopefully enough of a match on the title thread; can anyone explain for me where the Sauin Peist came from? Because it adds to the FOMO is real feeling I've had ever since the site came back up in that I just found out about it, and it looks like it was Halloween DAY exclusive.
They're giftborns.
WolfyWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by WolfyWolf »

I didn't get them :t-puppyeyes: but I definitely got the badge for giving and receiving along the event.
Spoiler
Thank You Foxurus <3
Wishlist||My Shop
Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

The Sauin Peist is not a giftborn creature, but a Halloween event creature unrelated to gifting in any way. It was gotten from a quest that was available up to and including November 20th: viewtopic.php?p=23646236#p23646236 :italian:
WolfyWolf
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by WolfyWolf »

That definitely clears it up, thanks! Missed the deadline of awareness by a day XD
Spoiler
Thank You Foxurus <3
Wishlist||My Shop
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

LunatheDragoness wrote: November 13th, 2023, 5:50:38 pm
Airasyraye wrote: November 10th, 2023, 2:04:36 am I don't really care about how many creatures there are at a time, but I do wish past-events were released elsewhere, on every site. It bugs me when I'm trying to get new stuff and see Decessus flooding the stream for the 10th year in a row.
I'm tired of seeing the Decessus and Mortifelis coming every year. Neither of them breed. No gender differences. There's nothing special about them.
Past event creatures are available on other sites. Making it better for those who missed that year to get them. Dragoncave does this. Why not on here? Some other pet sites have games and their economy is more stable. I wish we had that on here. Magistream is my first pet site and it used to be fun.
Thinking about this.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but it is easier to code a new shop than a new 'stream', right?
Why not bring the yearly releases of the dead cats/rats and eternal 3 turkies as a zero gold shop? Have a shop called stream tidepool or something and have the every year return creatures in there for zero gold each. People who want them can get them, people that don't want them don't have to freeze millions of them.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist

Return to “Community Discussion”