July 2020 Competition - Fishing Flies - Discussion

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: July 2020 Competition - Fishing Flies - Discussion

Post by BBkat »

bookrage wrote:I'm only on here casually and I don't really have much of a collection of creatures to begin with, so I'm not competing really to win or even place. However, what do you mean by "Personal challenges?" Because I might be able to do some of those.

And I'm hoping the citters are new, just because I like to see new things on any game site like this.

And in terms of collection Mine is so small I have gotten a mist stalker for the first time yesterday despite the fact they are "very common." and I have no breeding pairs of critters yet, even for creatures you get for hybridizing.

But I'll give this thing the best try I can considering my casual play of the game.
I'm pretty sure these will be new.
From the News post it says
'The Stream will flood with the base creature for the duration of the event.'
and it has 7 variants apparently. I don't think we have *any* stream creature yet like that.

I'm just sad I'm going to miss most of this since I'mma be gone for two weeks starting next Saturday (my only internet will be on my phone which, does not lend itself well to something like this), so I'll only get 4 days in :derp:
Lammergeier
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lammergeier »

crazyflight wrote:
HiddenMystic wrote:
Merkwerkee wrote:This promises to be quite fun unless it is cervinus deer, in which case this might well be the devil's work
I thought the same thing earlier :lol: :lol:
so true oh my god those deer are such a nightmare
HobbitFeet wrote:
Merkwerkee wrote:
bookrage wrote:what's funny is I don't have any of those deer yet, so for me, the first couple of times I get them might actually be a welcome experience.
I've been here since nearly the beginning
And I still don't have all the color variants of Cervinus deer xD
I actively collect and breed them, and I haven't managed to breed all the colors successfully myself. The little brats.
This is my first time hearing this. I had no idea they had such a reputation. :lol: And here I was hoping to collect multiple adults and hatchlings of each variant. I went and checked their numbers in the Bestiary, and... yeah, that checks out. oh deer

[looks at cervinus tab] ...I was deceived by your cuteness. Now I know it's just a front.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Clicks/feeds greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

GeistStorm wrote:will there be a list of what creatures are being bred for or will it be a sort of free-for-all where "just breed'em n see what we get" sort of thing?
The competition creatures will become available on July 21st. They are completely new creatures. At the moment the news post lists the points each creature grants by using "Variant A" etc. but the actual creature names will be edited into the post on July 21st.
GeistStorm wrote: when you say we're supposed to raise them... does that exclude using hatching sites such as your to help get things moving faster?
Only hatchling and adult creatures count towards points, so in order to get the points, the creatures need to be hatched or raised to adult. This can be done by any means allowed by the site rules, so using hatcheries is fine. ^.^
GeistStorm wrote: and as far as the eggs themselves are concerned, will there be any added egg slots or are we working off the main five we have now?
The eggslot amount will stay at five.
Azima wrote: One question though that I still have: Do the base creatures have a chance to give us ANY of the variants? Or will we have to breed the variants, to get the other variants, kind of like how you have to breed each hybrid of Farir to get the next hybrid of Farir?
The base creature can give out some of the variants, but not all of them.
bigeagle wrote:So, do I understand it right? We are getting 8 new creatures, one Base and 7 through breeding??
Yes. ^_^
Sheelah wrote:So this is not a team competition? How will anyone know who is actually participating in this? in this. Sing up sheet?
This is an individual competition. There will be a page to sign up for the competition, but that will only be used to make judging a bit easier. Participants don't see who else is participating.
bookrage wrote:I'm only on here casually and I don't really have much of a collection of creatures to begin with, so I'm not competing really to win or even place. However, what do you mean by "Personal challenges?" Because I might be able to do some of those.
The personal challenges will be published on July 21st when the competition starts, but they will be similar to the site achievements, e.g. "Have 5 of Variant D" -> you get a small reward.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Wow this sounds neat, I will try my best to catch them all!

*puts on cap and gets her Magiball ready*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Sign up for the competition over at the Competition Centre! The sign up is open from this moment up to and including August 6th, so you can sign up at any time during the competition.
bookrage
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by bookrage »

Will we have to put our critters on particular tabs or such, I know the points scoring system but don't know what, if anything we have to do to make scoring easier or valid for the judges.
From out of the depths of the public domain, comes a man, well-read with a book under his arm at all times

I trade 1 to 1 and will accept any creature I don't have, whether that be gender or species for anything I have in my "for trades" tab.

I could really use some clickities
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

bookrage wrote:Will we have to put our critters on particular tabs or such, I know the points scoring system but don't know what, if anything we have to do to make scoring easier or valid for the judges.
As stated on the Site News post, the creatures can be in any tab: ^_^
Each eligible creature in your Keep will be counted regardless of which tab the creature is in.
DarkRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarkRider »

Ok so is this a breeding comp or a catch and grow comp? Slightly confused at this part
ImageImage Image
Don't take artwork thanks!Avatar by Munin thank you!Tulcadhiel made Fox! Thank you!
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

DarkRider wrote:Ok so is this a breeding comp or a catch and grow comp? Slightly confused at this part
from what i understand, the breeding is central to the competition. theoretically someone could participate by just working on catching the base creature from the stream, but the different variants obtained from breeding give more points, so it wouldn't be in someone's best interest to not breed at all. i guess it's technically a combination of both, since you can't have frozen eggs to count toward points.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
auctioning off an alt cypheles crystalwing for parentless rewin dragons
<3 <3 <3
Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

crazyflight wrote:
DarkRider wrote:Ok so is this a breeding comp or a catch and grow comp? Slightly confused at this part
from what i understand, the breeding is central to the competition. theoretically someone could participate by just working on catching the base creature from the stream, but the different variants obtained from breeding give more points, so it wouldn't be in someone's best interest to not breed at all. i guess it's technically a combination of both, since you can't have frozen eggs to count toward points.
This is a breeding competition, and as per the Site News post's indication, only bred creatures give out points. :italian:
This is a breeding contest. The aim is to breed as many of the contest creatures as possible. Only bred creatures count for points.

Return to “Community Discussion”