How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
DarknessHuntress
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by DarknessHuntress »

I've sent my laptop in to be fixed twice now... Just got it back on Wednesday and used it slightly some Wednesday evening. Used it longer today and it crashed yet again. It's the same flipping screen as it was the previous 10 times the dang thing has crashed. I'm fed up with this thing. I just wanted a laptop that would work for the little bit of gaming I do and for writing. I haven't put Microsoft Office on this thing because it keeps crashing and I don't want to lose anything that I've worked on. I got the laptop in February- thought the computer would fix itself- but it ended up having a bad memory or something, so they replaced basically everything- the 2nd time I sent it in. The first time, they didn't fix anything or replace anything. This is making me really regret buying a new laptop even though my other computers quit working.
Feel free to mine in my keep. Hatchlings
My Shop: ~The Devil's Home~

15 gifts. Thanks. Wishlist is on my profile, thanks.

Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

DarknessHuntress wrote:I've sent my laptop in to be fixed twice now... Just got it back on Wednesday and used it slightly some Wednesday evening. Used it longer today and it crashed yet again. It's the same flipping screen as it was the previous 10 times the dang thing has crashed. I'm fed up with this thing. I just wanted a laptop that would work for the little bit of gaming I do and for writing. I haven't put Microsoft Office on this thing because it keeps crashing and I don't want to lose anything that I've worked on. I got the laptop in February- thought the computer would fix itself- but it ended up having a bad memory or something, so they replaced basically everything- the 2nd time I sent it in. The first time, they didn't fix anything or replace anything. This is making me really regret buying a new laptop even though my other computers quit working.
You can download on a website a free version of Office, it's called Open Office, it has word and even excel and other apps that you usually need to pay for (search for open office). If you do some simple office work this should be more than enough I think.
Spoiler
I'm sorry your having so many issues with your laptop, I hope you aren't paying much for this service for getting it fixed....Maybe backup any and all files from that laptop if possible that you need and just return it and ask for a refund of your money, and buy something else if you can? Sometimes spending a bit more for a computer is more worth it, also always read reviews and look at videos and pictures if they have them and even read negative reviews so that you can get both sides of the story for something before you buy it.

Is it by chance getting overheated and this might be causing the crash, or is it something unexpected that happens? What are you usually doing when it does crash? gaming? or something else? Sorry just curious, I'm not too familiar with laptops, but am pretty decent with computers and I hate seeing others have computer issues. I wish I could help. :t-:( I hope you can get it sorted out.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

DarknessHuntress wrote:I've sent my laptop in to be fixed twice now... Just got it back on Wednesday and used it slightly some Wednesday evening. Used it longer today and it crashed yet again. It's the same flipping screen as it was the previous 10 times the dang thing has crashed. I'm fed up with this thing. I just wanted a laptop that would work for the little bit of gaming I do and for writing. I haven't put Microsoft Office on this thing because it keeps crashing and I don't want to lose anything that I've worked on. I got the laptop in February- thought the computer would fix itself- but it ended up having a bad memory or something, so they replaced basically everything- the 2nd time I sent it in. The first time, they didn't fix anything or replace anything. This is making me really regret buying a new laptop even though my other computers quit working.
My desktop is the same way. We've sent it in twice and it still randomly reboots itself.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

I'm dead :lol:
oceanmist
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by oceanmist »

Trying to plan this roadtrip is so stressful. None of these campgrounds allow reservations and we have roughly 10 hour drives to each one. I really need some guarantee of somewhere to sleep for the night. :|
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

oceanmist wrote:Trying to plan this roadtrip is so stressful. None of these campgrounds allow reservations and we have roughly 10 hour drives to each one. I really need some guarantee of somewhere to sleep for the night. :|
That's very odd that the campgrounds dont allow reservations. I know most state parks (at least in my experience) take reservations, but sometimes there is a minimum number of days/nights required.
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

It's Metaverse Monday, I can't wait to see to-night's episode :bounce: :yey:

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

I read a bad review about It 2 just before seeing it and it put me in a funny mood. I knew it couldn't be as bad as they said, and I was right. The movie was damn good!
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

HobbitFeet wrote:I read a bad review about It 2 just before seeing it and it put me in a funny mood. I knew it couldn't be as bad as they said, and I was right. The movie was damn good!
Cool, maybe I'll see it...eventually...maybe with friends....for a spooky day. I dunno. :derp:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

warning for content that may come across as offensive in the spoiler...but I swear it's not what it looks like :lol:
Spoiler
It has this....particular shape....okay :lol:

Return to “Community Discussion”