Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
NekoKyu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Red String Remake OoC

Post by NekoKyu »

Admittedly, that just makes it funnier to imagine. :lol:

Did I ever mention that I took a class on mythology and folklore? :omg: I'm obsessed with Greek mythology, and have I can literally go on and on (especially if it's Persephone and Hades related). And again, very true. There are still plenty of things wrong with the working front, but at least there have been improvements.

"It's absolutely me! Look, it's from 1937. See? Right here."

I'm surprised they have Cole's hair! Also, Dante definitely looks like Freddy Krueger. Alice's hair is a lot curlier than I imagined too. They're all adorable though, I like them. ^_^
Storytellers from the womb to the tomb :cool:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Standing on top of the world,
Who'd have ever thought that we would fall.

˙llɐɟ plnoʍ ǝʍ ʇɐɥʇ ʇɥƃnoɥʇ ɹǝʌǝ ǝʌɐɥ p,oɥʍ
`plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ɟo doʇ uo ƃuıpuɐʇS
Padfootsmistress777
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Padfootsmistress777 »

:lol: Oh yeah, Cole would definitely not be pleased about this at all, it'd be hilarious though x3.

My freshman English class had a whole section on various creation myths, and we did a lot of Greek mythology, unfortunately I didn't get to take an actual class on it, but that's awesome :omg: I was always a fan of Athena, she just was always my favorite.

And definitely :yarly:

"But the google images url is right there on the bottom!"

They didn't really have Cole's hair, they just have the option to color different hair pieces separetely, it's awesome :D

http://www.rinmarugames.com/game/?game_id=192

The one I used for Alice is here: http://www.rinmarugames.com/game/?game_id=301
They really only had two shorter hair options, the curlier one was a bit nicer, I think, but no her hair is a bit straight (and much less neat, it honestly looks like her hair was attacked by a weed whacker or something x3).
13/25 Presents, thank you!
You can click any unhidden/unprotected tab in my Keep ^-^~!

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
TangleLore
CreaturesTrade

Post by TangleLore »

hey! I'm posting soon sorry for the wait! I've been so busy! D: I can't wait to play with you guys more ^0^
Padfootsmistress777
CreaturesTrade

Tangle! I was actually going to post later today sk now awkward Dante can peek his head out x3. And birds :crazy:

But hihi!

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

We'll have to plan out for that to happen sometime. :lol:

I have learned so much about the different Gods and Goddesses. For example, Hera was apparently also an agriculture and war goddess. We didn't just learn about Greek mythology though, but also Norse mythology and fairy tales. It was really fun and interesting.

"Url? Google? Bah, today's slang is too confusing."

I couldn't really make Cole's hair, but I think I might have managed Alice's? I tried to follow the picture in her form and threw together three different sets of bangs. I also made an attempt with Eli (and through a corgi in there because puppy <3 ), then got too lazy to do more.
Spoiler
Tangleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :t-glomp:

Also Paddie, I think you're Alice post got cut short.

Ohhh, and Marth? In case you're reading this, I've been playing a game lately that I think you might like. Something about the characters reminds me of your roleplaying. It's called Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon.

Padfootsmistress777
CreaturesTrade

Yes, yes we do because it'd be hilarious. And I imagine Cole's game's been a bit off since he broke up with K so yeah, frustrated and pouty x3.

That sounds so cool though ;A; super jealous. Really? I knew she was like "matronly" *cough* but war and agriculture? I always thought agriculture was more Demeter's field (heh). Though that does make sense, I suppose, considering Ares had the whole war thing.... But then again so did Athena, I always assumed that was Zeus's traits popping up x3.

"It's not slang, it's....right...Nevermind *flips table*"

You have to use two different hair pieces, one colored blue instead of black x3. But ohgosh Eli is adorable x3.

I...think I was going to say something and decided against it, but then just left it there... I don't know what else to add to the post so.... x3.

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
Iliad
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Iliad »

NekoKyu wrote:Ohhh, and Marth? In case you're reading this, I've been playing a game lately that I think you might like. Something about the characters reminds me of your roleplaying. It's called Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon.
In case you are in fact close enough to hear me, take a minute to see if you are able to hear a high-pitched keening in the distance. That is me because something reminded you of my writing.

I'll have to check it out! Honestly, I was not aware that my roleplaying was distinctive enough to remind people of me, but it's a pleasant surprise! Thanks!
TUMBLR / TWITTER
I am the tactician.
Keep Alm's codpiece away 2k17.
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

@Paddie: Well at least it would help him get back into the swing of things. Although knowing Ray, he'd probably tease Cole with the idea of a threesome between them and Gabe. Ray's such a bad boy >.>

I was surprised it was even offered as a class, so of course I had to sign myself up for it immediately. Hera's war aspect was specifically because she was viewed as the protector of a specific city, although unfortunately the majority of their stories have been lost. There's so much intersection between all the gods though, it can get pretty confusing. For example, the pomegranate is a symbol of Hera because marriage was symbolised by the bride eating a pomegranate (which the red juice on the lips itself was a symbol of reaching "womanhood"), after which the bride and groom would retreat to consummate the marriage for the first time. Clearly I'm obsessed with Persephone, but the point is I'm pretty sure she knew what she was doing when she ate that pomegranate. Who wouldn't want to be queen? Also, apparently Aphrodite was based off of Ishtar, the Assyrian and Babylonian Goddess of love and war, and the majority of myths about her are rewritten version of Ishtar myths (such as the tale of Adonis).

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Yay! My attempt was a success! :hooray: I always get way too detailed with recreated my characters and such, only to derail into laziness about halfway through and throw whatever works on them. :lol:

The only possibly suggestion I can think up would be noticing her cousin standing nearby (because I totally remembered randomly that Aoi and Alice are cousins). Other than that, my brain has been notoriously blank late. >.<

@Marth: :t-xD: Wait, I... I think I hear it! xD

You definitely have a distinctive writing style though. :yarly: I really enjoy it, and your characters always turn out very interesting. As to the game, it's a post-Apocalyptic story of a boy searching for survivors in rural Japan while fighting off ghosts and befriending kitties.

Iliad
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Iliad »

NekoKyu wrote:@Marth: :t-xD: Wait, I... I think I hear it! xD

You definitely have a distinctive writing style though. :yarly: I really enjoy it, and your characters always turn out very interesting. As to the game, it's a post-Apocalyptic story of a boy searching for survivors in rural Japan while fighting off ghosts and befriending kitties.
Just checked out the setting/characters/box art etc. briefly. Wow, I am actually really honored that I remind you of this, it's like my ideal aesthetic. I can never get it down how I'd like, though.
TUMBLR / TWITTER
I am the tactician.
Keep Alm's codpiece away 2k17.
Padfootsmistress777
CreaturesTrade

@Neko I'm trying to imagine Cole's reaction to such a proposal, but he'd probably be on board, and a bit disappointed whenIit doesn't come to fruition x3.

I don't disagree, that class would be so much fun! Also, considering all the gods Persephone could have ended up with been kidnapped by, Hades isn't exactly the worst... He has a pretty low number on the "horrific things Greek gods do" list if I recall correctly x3. Plus yeah, hello, queen...also Cerberus! (Or am I the only one who thinks that's a bonus?)

I think they look really good though :yarly:

And I could do that :orly: But lazy Paddie is lazy .__.

Also I just got back from Orlando Florida, we went to Universal Studios it was so cool :woo:

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Backstage”