Facebook: Needed or Not?

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Can you last 1 month without Facebook?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 211

mulan
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Facebook: Needed or Not?

Post by mulan »

i'm addict to facebook, playing game, because i want to get away from stupid, idiot, drama things.............
please mine in my keep^^
http://magistream.com/user/mulan/MY-CREATURES
ImageI'm a Sheep! thank you for the hug^^

Sheep are righteous, honest, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, generous, understanding
Sometimes they can be moody, a worrier, a complainer, and or too soft.
myan
CreaturesTrade

Post by myan »

mulan wrote:i'm addict to facebook, playing game, because i want to get away from stupid, idiot, drama things.............
I agree 100%!Every body needs to have a break from real life every now and then.
Sourikus
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sourikus »

myan wrote:
mulan wrote:i'm addict to facebook, playing game, because i want to get away from stupid, idiot, drama things.............
I agree 100%!Every body needs to have a break from real life every now and then.
Well, the way mine goes, I just get blasted in the face with more of it D: (All wrong...) I prefer to hide with a good book. Somewhere (under a blanket is nice)
StarPainter
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by StarPainter »

Espthec wrote:
myan wrote:
Well, the way mine goes, I just get blasted in the face with more of it D: (All wrong...) I prefer to hide with a good book. Somewhere (under a blanket is nice)
I'm on facebook pretty often, but not for these reasons. The only reason I'm EVER on is to speak with my dad, who lives about 3,000 miles away at the present time, unfortunately. But, I can see where you're coming from. That is the reason I come on here, to talk with people I don't know in real life, because they can't judge me if I've never met them, and the appeal of collecting creatures is very high to me. I guess I also like having large amounts of money on here, seeing as I grew up relatively poor. But, I like everybody on here, so it's okay!(there are a few I disagree with, there's nobody I dislike!) So............ who cares? Facebook is yours or mine, or some other deep inspirational quote for junk. <3
Now, everyone hug!
*grabs everyone into a Nandi Bear hug(hahahaha, puns)* :t-hugme:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
25/25 gifts, Thank you!
It makes me very happy that within the second day of gifting, I had 10 gifts! I love you guys so much! <3
HUGS FOR ALL! :t-swoon:
mulan
CreaturesTrade

Post by mulan »

I addict to Facebook to play only games on it^^
please mine in my keep^^

Sheep are righteous, honest, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, generous, understanding
StarPainter
CreaturesTrade

Post by StarPainter »

Not a huge flash game fan, myself, if I do say so.
25/25 gifts, Thank you!
It makes me very happy that within the second day of gifting, I had 10 gifts! I love you guys so much! <3
mulan
CreaturesTrade

Post by mulan »

games on facebook is nice ^^
please mine in my keep^^

StarPainter
CreaturesTrade

Post by StarPainter »

If you say so.
25/25 gifts, Thank you!
mulan
CreaturesTrade

Post by mulan »

Facebook is scary, they have hackers........etc........
please mine in my keep^^

sorakaji
CreaturesTrade

Post by sorakaji »

Facebook made me change my name back in August, to the legal one that I don't use with most people, which made me stop using it. So I'm changing my vote to no.
I'm in a band, and fans who know my last name know my preferred last name and not my legal one. I also published a book under that last name. Yet facebook made me change my name to my legal one, and I seriously can't promote that stuff under my legal name (especially my legal last name, which I really don't want fans who add me to know me as). My band extensively promotes shows and stuff on facebook, and our personal pages are more successful at that because fans want the personal-ness and not just the normal promo from our band page. So while facebook has been pretty useful for that, I just couldn't keep doing that under my legal name.
So I pretty much stopped using facebook as soon as it made me change my name, and deleted the facebook app off of my phone that same day. I tried starting a new account with my preferred name just for band promo, and facebook deleted it (just flat-out deleted it) within 2 months.
At this point, the only reason I even keep my account is to update the 3 business pages that are attached to it. And to message people on behalf of my band (because sometimes I can only reach venues or other bands through facebook). Other than that, I stopped posting, commenting, liking anything, etc, and have gravitated towards twitter for promotional purposes.

So even though not having a facebook is almost like not having a phone number, I don't see it staying that way. I used to post on facebook all the time because people thought my posts were funny and because it informed them about my band, but it turned out to be way too easy to stop using it once my name was changed to one I don't use.

Return to “Hall of Speakers”