The Spring Equinox 1216 - 1219 Pygmy Wolpertingers

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Re: The Spring Equinox 1216 - 1219 Pygmy Wolpertingers

Post by VilaWolf »

Oh f%^& me, these are adorable.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
pcysmiles
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by pcysmiles »

This is so exciting I'm coming up on my first year anniversary for the site so I missed last year's event but not this time around
Happy hunting/spring everybody :t-swoon:
catshe/herjust a mess
--------------------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
--------------------------------------
grateful for any clicks ≧◠ᴥ◠≦
*♡+:。.。help us grow。.。:+♡ *

feel free to gold mine ~wishlist; anything from previous events before 2020~
Atlantica
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Atlantica »

Airasyraye wrote:
Kestrad wrote:The buns are so cute! Congratulations, Real, your description is adorable <3

Now, to be a grumpy curmudgeon for a second, next time can we maybe have the creature release discussion in its own new thread, instead of one that's been going on for almost a month about a different topic, the way we usually do it? I definitely was very confused that the topic that was created as general discussion, and then used to discuss the April Fools sprites, had turned into the pygmy wolpertinger discussion.
I agree, and I've seen others ask for this, too. This confused me on their release date. IS it 4.5?
this is what some of us said too

makes no sense to use this topic to talk about the new pygmies when this thread was used to talk about spring before that

it was much less confusing having the discussion about the creatures in their own thread and talk about spring in this one or just lock this one instead

spring equinox and easter are two separate things i thought :t-shrug:
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by VilaWolf »

Atlantica wrote:
Airasyraye wrote:
Kestrad wrote:The buns are so cute! Congratulations, Real, your description is adorable <3

Now, to be a grumpy curmudgeon for a second, next time can we maybe have the creature release discussion in its own new thread, instead of one that's been going on for almost a month about a different topic, the way we usually do it? I definitely was very confused that the topic that was created as general discussion, and then used to discuss the April Fools sprites, had turned into the pygmy wolpertinger discussion.
I agree, and I've seen others ask for this, too. This confused me on their release date. IS it 4.5?

makes no sense to use this topic to talk about the new pygmies when this thread was used to talk about spring before that

it was much less confusing having the discussion about the creatures in their own thread and talk about spring in this one or just lock this one instead

The answer you are looking for is neo-pagans screaming and hollering with 1001 misinterpretations and crap made up in the 50s - the easter bunny has nothing to do with ishtar, or anything else for that matter, and eggs have nothing to do with christian mythology. but try try handing proof of this to folks, I dare you.

I freaking hate easter cause no one can just leave it at eating magical bunny poo....
Every year I get the asks...
Hey, where does this come from or hey how old is this part.
Spoiler
I have literally printed out copies of neo-pagan writings from the 1950s where some of this stuff was made up and physically handed it to them, only for them to scream in my face.

I have also handed christians old ass copies of the german folktale and they yell at me as well. the bible doesn't say a damn thing about eggs and magical bunny poop.

Everyone wants spring and easter to be the same damn thing and their exclusive thing only when it was never even on the same day, let alone having the same meaning -- sure you can kind of say that Jesus' Resurrections has something to do with Spring and the flowers but if tell that to a christian they'll call you a heretic. Everyone is pissed off at everyone and fighting because the day means ONLY what they want it to mean and hell with anyone else.

It's not option A - it means this thing.
It's not option B - it means this other thing.
It's option C - everyone is acting like idiots.

its a freaking magical bunny that poos chocolate.

also someone please help the orthodox kids.
their eggs can ONLY be blood red and if they couch a plastic or pastel painted one they're told they're going to hell. also that crap about how they are told the egg hunt is "collecting drops of christs blood".

My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

VilaWolf wrote: also someone please help the orthodox kids.
their eggs can ONLY be blood red and if they couch a plastic or pastel painted one they're told they're going to hell. also that crap about how they are told the egg hunt is "collecting drops of christs blood"
This is so funny. Also not true :derp:
Spoiler
I live in an extremely religious orthodox country (am an atheist myself so imagine how well that's going), and while the church 'asks' for red eggs, people at home dye them in all possible colors and no one is told they're going to hell. Never even heard of something like that.
Also, for those eggs being blood red. I remember being told at school once (religion is a mandatory course here) that there was a basket of eggs near Jesus's feet and when he bled out the blood got on the eggs and that's why they're supposed to be red.
Egg hunt? (Or chocolate) Not a thing. Never has been. Until coming in contact with different nationalities I didn't even know hunting for stuff on Easter was a thing.
Traditionally you do the eggs; we boil them first, then dye them. (In the old days you took the raw egg, made a tiny hole in it, carefully blew out its contents, then dyed it in extremely intricate patterns). People go to church on the resurrection night, go around the church, sing, take light (aka the priest lights a candle and it spreads to everyone else's candles), get home, eat the special wine bread. Then people visit each other, eat, catch up... we usually cook lamb (cause Jesus was sacrificed like a lamb) and most importantly, we... I don't even know how to say this. We all pick an egg each and knock them together to see who has the egg with the hardest shell, saying the traditional "Christ came back" "Indeed he did" while knocking those eggs together.

Also. Keep in mind that this is exclusively for my country. No idea about what others do :derp:
Sorry this has nothing to do with the little buns.
by Saebra
Butter
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Butter »

:woo: BUNNIES! <3 SO, Adorable! >D
ImageImageImage
I Snap Click Everything On The ENTIRE Page!
~ Happy New Year 2024 ~

1 of 25 Gifts

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nexosa
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nexosa »

I love that they hatch so fast :evil:
Wish list:Hummingbirds,Any grpyhon hatchling,Any jackalope hatchling,,Pygmy wolpertinger

My Wishlist

Fox by Munin,Joey doggo by Seabra
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by VilaWolf »

Real wrote:
VilaWolf wrote: also someone please help the orthodox kids.
their eggs can ONLY be blood red and if they couch a plastic or pastel painted one they're told they're going to hell. also that crap about how they are told the egg hunt is "collecting drops of christs blood"
This is so funny. Also not true :derp:
Spoiler
I live in an extremely religious orthodox country (am an atheist myself so imagine how well that's going), and while the church 'asks' for red eggs, people at home dye them in all possible colors and no one is told they're going to hell. Never even heard of something like that.
Also, for those eggs being blood red. I remember being told at school once (religion is a mandatory course here) that there was a basket of eggs near Jesus's feet and when he bled out the blood got on the eggs and that's why they're supposed to be red.
Egg hunt? (Or chocolate) Not a thing. Never has been. Until coming in contact with different nationalities I didn't even know hunting for stuff on Easter was a thing.
Traditionally you do the eggs; we boil them first, then dye them. (In the old days you took the raw egg, made a tiny hole in it, carefully blew out its contents, then dyed it in extremely intricate patterns). People go to church on the resurrection night, go around the church, sing, take light (aka the priest lights a candle and it spreads to everyone else's candles), get home, eat the special wine bread. Then people visit each other, eat, catch up... we usually cook lamb (cause Jesus was sacrificed like a lamb) and most importantly, we... I don't even know how to say this. We all pick an egg each and knock them together to see who has the egg with the hardest shell, saying the traditional "Christ came back" "Indeed he did" while knocking those eggs together.

Also. Keep in mind that this is exclusively for my country. No idea about what others do :derp:
Sorry this has nothing to do with the little buns.
I know someone who's Greek Orthodox but raised in California, USA. After attending an Ortho Easter with them and talking to the clergy and the kids, that's .... a very "in a nutshell" version of the info I was given.

Bonus points for the extra bit I didn't mention in my frustration fueled post ... my apologies for going off like that. I've had a very long week and should not be postinglike that on a site people come to for fun...... it's that, from what I know, there's this thing about taking the blood red eggs and whacking a friend in the forehead with it. If the shell cracks the child who's head got hit gets good luck until next Easter.

My Wish List
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

Atlantica wrote:
Airasyraye wrote:

Going through the Spring event releases, there are a few examples that clearly show it being held in late March. That being said, the event threads are for release AND event discussion. End of conversation. I wanted to do this and have had fun doing this ever since the Amagnae release. People have really liked it and agree that it is a very fun way to get more involved talking about the proposed pet or pets coming and so-forth.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Diamond Wyrm, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 25/25 gifts
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

VilaWolf wrote: I know someone who's Greek Orthodox but raised in California, USA. After attending an Ortho Easter with them and talking to the clergy and the kids, that's .... a very "in a nutshell" version of the info I was given.

Bonus points for the extra bit I didn't mention in my frustration fueled post ... my apologies for going off like that. I've had a very long week and should not be postinglike that on a site people come to for fun...... it's that, from what I know, there's this thing about taking the blood red eggs and whacking a friend in the forehead with it. If the shell cracks the child who's head got hit gets good luck until next Easter.
I'm pretty sure things are celebrated/done differently in different countries even if the religion is supposed to be the same. After all, traditions are also involved.

Oh, don't worry. As someone who doesn't care much about religion I found what you wrote there pretty funny. Seriously.
The only thing I care about when it comes to Easter is the part where we color eggs. The 'artist' in me likes to go wild.
by Saebra

Return to “Community Discussion”