Magistream's 10 year anniversary

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Magistream's 10 year anniversary

Post by BBkat »

blockEdragon wrote:Plus, all of them have side art to make up for the outdated artwork. That side art and writing is masterful and well worth the lesser sprite-quality.
Except for the Celestial and Void Dragons sadly. I bet side art for them would be cool tho.
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

BBkat wrote:
blockEdragon wrote:Plus, all of them have side art to make up for the outdated artwork. That side art and writing is masterful and well worth the lesser sprite-quality.
Except for the Celestial and Void Dragons sadly. I bet side art for them would be cool tho.
Right, I forgot them.

They really need some side art. MS should recruit more side artists, even if they're not as good as Glass. Most sprites aren't nearly as good as Glass but MS didn't just stop making critters altogether when they disappeared, and a lot of the critters are still great.
25/25 thank you so much
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Other things will also happen during May to celebrate the 10 year anniversary, so stay tuned!
Just curious, but would that mean 'other' creatures? As in, new creatures that are NOT crystalwings/pygmies?
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
skitties
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by skitties »

Happy 10 years everyone!!

Never in a million years did I think I'd get one temple cat when I joined, even a bred one. Now I have two bred ones and tomorrow I'm gonna buy shards and get two SB. :D My biggest Magistream dream achieved four times over.
Happy Magiversary! Thanks for clicking!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Click for wishlist!
DarrkestDrow
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarrkestDrow »

blockEdragon wrote:
BBkat wrote:
Right, I forgot them.

They really need some side art. MS should recruit more side artists, even if they're not as good as Glass. Most sprites aren't nearly as good as Glass but MS didn't just stop making critters altogether when they disappeared, and a lot of the critters are still great.
The side art issue is more complicated than that. And yes, Glass is awesome there is no questioning that, but you do the other artists a disservice with comments like this. I have seen some amazing things from all the artists here, new and old, active and not, and yes I do think some of their work is on par with Glass. All the artists have their good pieces, their "eh" pieces and their "omg that is so amazing" pieces and everything in between.

I love Glass and admire her and her work greatly, but to group everyone as "Glass" and "Not nearly as good as Glass" is just disrespectful.
Playing the endless game of catch-up...

(To hatchling only please)
ImageImageImageImageImage
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

I said most.

A fair amount of Donis do get up there but Glass is a master of their craft. I'm not remotely saying you're bad, Its like comparing every other movie to Star Wars, most movies are not nearly as good as Star Wars (not prequels), most of the best movies are not nearly as good as Star Wars, some are, but not most.
Last edited by blockEdragon on May 2nd, 2019, 8:26:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25/25 thank you so much
Elentarien
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Elentarien »

Looking forward to the new critters this month. :)

While I like the idea of the celebratory shop, I . . .probably like others. . .simply don't have the real money to be spending on games. Everything I have goes into my dog. If I could find work maybe I'd have some room for fun for myself. But yeah. -sigh- Oh well, at least most of this game is free, which is hugely appreciated.

Guess it leaves me with some time to mine for gold - and hopefully have some to buy some rarer critters later. Maybe in the black market. (That last round smashed my gold stash. lol Got three wyrms out of it though!)
Sanax
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sanax »

The side art is amazing and I can appreciate it but it's not enough to make me want to spend my real life money on it. :t-shrug: So I won't. I'm thrilled to be able to get Temple Cats though, for such a low shard price too. c:
To hatchling only, please.
ImageImageImageImageImage

To adult, thank you. c:
None at the moment.
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

Omg so many shinies,MS are you trying to kill me? :woo:
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

blockEdragon wrote:I said most.

A fair amount of Donis do get up there but Glass is a master of their craft. I'm not remotely saying you're bad, Its like comparing every other movie to Star Wars, most movies are not nearly as good as Star Wars (not prequels), most of the best movies are not nearly as good as Star Wars, some are, but not most.
Art is subjective, whether it be sprites or movies or something else. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but it matters how you voice that opinion.
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”