I have this idea....

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

What do you think of a "Buyers Union" guild? (see my post on the 5th page)

I think it would be a good idea!
9%
I don't think that's a good idea.
68%
I'm not really sure yet....
18%
I don't really care :P
6%

Total votes: 34

MadHattery
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: I have this idea....

Post by MadHattery »

Umbreon, while that was an interesting scenario, the bolded section has one major, fatal flaw;

Donation creatures aren't like a lemonade stand in the fact that once you run out of shards, you can't purchase more unless you donate more and not everyone can just donate all willy nilly to get a mass amount of donates to successfully influence the market supply/demand equation like said unnamed person did. Many of us [if not all] who donate are working full or part time and even go to school, thus limiting our donation money more. The USA's economy is in a deep ditch right now and USD =/= the same as other currency around the world and we have SEVERAL people from different countries that donate here.
Spoiler
USD -> Other Currency on a 1$ -> ???;
  • 1.00 USD = 0.751098 EUR
    1.00 USD = 1.03372 CAD
    1.00 USD = 0.637858 GBP [United Kingdom Pounds]
    1.00 USD = 43.8000 PHP[Philippines Pesos]
    1.00 USD = 1.05308 AUD
...! ⌠Look who's back, back again⌡
Codes to go[5/11]
Spoiler
[/code]
!...
NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

MadHattery wrote:Umbreon, while that was an interesting scenario, the bolded section has one major, fatal flaw;

Donation creatures aren't like a lemonade stand in the fact that once you run out of shards, you can't purchase more unless you donate more and not everyone can just donate all willy nilly to get a mass amount of donates to successfully influence the market supply/demand equation like said unnamed person did. Many of us [if not all] who donate are working full or part time and even go to school, thus limiting our donation money more. The USA's economy is in a deep ditch right now and USD =/= the same as other currency around the world and we have SEVERAL people from different countries that donate here.
This, exactly.

A few months ago - between April and June, I was able to donate literally hundreds of dollars because I was much better off financially, and I used that to sell at the going, "fair" rate at the time. Now, I'm very lucky I'm able to donate more than ten bucks every two weeks because I am very strapped for cash. The few donation creatures I can get are now worth a lot more to me because they could very well be the only ones I can get the entire month, so I'm very reluctant to part with those I can afford to require which means I'm not about to part with them as cheaply as I did in April-June. Like Hattery, I'll most likely never sell for more than the 10k/shard pricing, but I'm not going any lower than that when cash is so tight now.
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

Keolah wrote:umbreon... You're continuing to assume that donors have an unlimited amount of cash they're willing to spend solely for the sake of getting pixel money...
Well, what I was thinking was that if about half of current donors sold current donation pets for under 70k, then that might become the average price, and it would be better than 90k for a three shard doni.
But honestly, I bought an unnamed Light Raiju in June/July for 50k. And right now current donies are going for over that price.
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
MadHattery
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by MadHattery »

^
June/July was the middle of summer, the epitome of summer jobs, free time, and people being able to work a little more, even if it's just an hour longer. More money in ones pocket means more to donate if they wish to donate.

As for it being half, even if half sold for 10k per shard, I doubt it'd be enough to get the other half to budge. It needs to be a very VERY strong economical force like what was going on when I first joined, what with having one person being generous enough to sell doni's a 5k a pop.

Half lower and half higher won't do much, if it was more like 90% of the donating population that did 10k per shard then it is possible that the economy would shift. It still all depends on the buyers. When desperate for a creature, people will pay exorbitant prices. It's not just Donation Creatures when you look at it. New releases tend to be inflated by thousands for the first week or two depending on the rarity/likability of them. Quest Borns go for 150k+ during the first few months until more get worked into the system [Ahh, 20k for an Emerald Wyvern in a QS. <3 ]. Yes, Donation creatures are the epitome of this discussion due to it being available for a month and only a select populace being able to obtain these with their own money, they set the price they are willing to part with it but we sellers are also swayed by what people are willing to pay.

On some economies, people will try and underprice others [generally if they need cash fast] but when you're going for all it's worth, people will obviously over price the item or creature in question just so they can get what they think it's worth. More so with doni's because they donated just to get shards to obtain them.

Remember, it's not only supply/demand, but adoration of the sprites. Adoration of the species. The Foxes are popular because they're well done and cute to boot while the Bone Dragons were equally well done but were the classic dragon, something popular that got a lot of people running to get one.
...! ⌠Look who's back, back again⌡
Codes to go[5/11]
Spoiler
[/code]
!...
Umalia
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Umalia »

umbreon241 wrote:
Keolah wrote:umbreon... You're continuing to assume that donors have an unlimited amount of cash they're willing to spend solely for the sake of getting pixel money...
Well, what I was thinking was that if about half of current donors sold current donation pets for under 70k, then that might become the average price, and it would be better than 90k for a three shard doni.
But honestly, I bought an unnamed Light Raiju in June/July for 50k. And right now current donies are going for over that price.
Where? I haven't seen many, if any, donation creatures sold in the past few days outside of LTB threads and the Auction House. If they're selling unusually high in the LTB threads, it's likely because the buyer is already offering more (when I bought this month's, I offered more but found a seller who sold to me 10k per shard). In the Auction House, It's because the autobuy options are set high. Usually this is because the auctioneer does not expect that much but someone is willing to pay it.

I think you're over exaggerating about how many people sell current donation creatures for unreasonable prices. It may be that the more expensive sales are being more noticed because they take longer to go through than a cheap or reasonable price that is snapped up quick.
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

Umalia wrote: I think you're over exaggerating about how many people sell current donation creatures for unreasonable prices. It may be that the more expensive sales are being more noticed because they take longer to go through than a cheap or reasonable price that is snapped up quick.
This exactly.

There are cheaper ones out there at more reasonable prices (reasonable to the buyer) and those get snatched up before anyone even has a chance to notice the thread.

Return to “Community Discussion”