Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Learn about the latest updates here.
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Post by MothballMilkshake »

This makes so much sense as to why it was always crashing so much during events. Can say I never bothered to goldmine - I pretty get my gold from selling older event creatures, but obviously with more and more people joining the site every day, the newer event creatures don't increase in value as much as the older ones do, as there's simply more of them. I like the idea of daily quests like you can do on sites like Lioden
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
GLAiKiT
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by GLAiKiT »

I figured that stuff like snaplinks and co would be the issue behind it.
I hope there will be other ways to earn a large sum of gold each day tho. As someone that is perma-poor I'd very much appreacite not going insane by opening and closing hundreds of tabs each for ages. :'D
Maybe we could have some more areas on the map that would allow for us to earn a few hundred gold each day? Maybe by getting one or two eggs for an NPC or simply story quests that are fun to read and give us 2 to 3 digits in gold simply by escourting people. I would appreacite that kinda stuff to earn gold MUCH more than endless clicking tbh. ;v;
Maybe make multiple quests we can do each day so we can earn a fixed portion per day just by quests.

I know there's the downside of people and their critters not getting more clicks, but it would help VERY much to avoid lags and make things easier for players.
Gifts are always appreciated! Newest Crystalwings and Wishlist critters most of all and preferred for event-gifting~! <3
- ̗̀ Happy Festivities Everyone! ̖́-
Alltime Wishlist
· Other Games ·
X
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

kunigund wrote: September 21st, 2023, 8:19:31 am I don't mind that shop creatures are priced as they currently are. I always saw them as rare creatures and not a daily shopping event (I do not goldmine).
dreamsandlove wrote: September 21st, 2023, 6:52:47 am when clicking a creature gives us a whopping whole 1 gold for it.
It's not that bad.
[adult = 1g]
hatchling (not your element or neutral) = 1g
hatchling (your element) = 2g
egg (not your element or neutral) = 5g
egg (your element) = 10g
posting in the forums: max 200 g (less for short posts and multiple posts in a row)

So, posting 5 x per day in the click threads for 10 days gives you 10,000 g.
Or posting 10 x per day for 5 days gives you also 10,000 g.
Both are not not unrealistic and during events (or the appearance of non-permanent shops) with many users online easily doubled or more.
This does not even include gold from clicking eggs and hatchlings, which is naturally a slower source of gold.
You’re suggesting an entire week’s worth of work, give or take, for a single “common” shop creature. I find that exceedingly unrealistic myself, given that some releases see multiple creatures or colormorphs.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
dreamsandlove
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by dreamsandlove »

Airasyraye wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 1:40:24 am
kunigund wrote: September 21st, 2023, 8:19:31 am I don't mind that shop creatures are priced as they currently are. I always saw them as rare creatures and not a daily shopping event (I do not goldmine).
dreamsandlove wrote: September 21st, 2023, 6:52:47 am when clicking a creature gives us a whopping whole 1 gold for it.
It's not that bad.
[adult = 1g]
hatchling (not your element or neutral) = 1g
hatchling (your element) = 2g
egg (not your element or neutral) = 5g
egg (your element) = 10g
posting in the forums: max 200 g (less for short posts and multiple posts in a row)

So, posting 5 x per day in the click threads for 10 days gives you 10,000 g.
Or posting 10 x per day for 5 days gives you also 10,000 g.
Both are not not unrealistic and during events (or the appearance of non-permanent shops) with many users online easily doubled or more.
This does not even include gold from clicking eggs and hatchlings, which is naturally a slower source of gold.
You’re suggesting an entire week’s worth of work, give or take, for a single “common” shop creature. I find that exceedingly unrealistic myself, given that some releases see multiple creatures or colormorphs.
That's pretty much my issue with it as well. It's great that there are ways to earn this much gold, but not all people have the means or motivation to realistically keep posting that much to the forum just for a single of what generally seems to be considered a semi-common/rare creature. :sweat:

There's been a lot of good suggestions for new ways to earn gold already, and I support pretty much all of them. (Especially those that can also work for people who can't play that much.) That said, I still also think that the reasons for why all the goldmining even started needs to be tackled as well, or things will just keep spiraling.
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mochipet »

I mean theoretically couldn't there be a thread started in the reindeer game section where the sole purpose of the thread is mine forum posting for gold?

Because right now it seems posting in forums is one of the main ways to get a decent amount of gold in a short time so I'm frankly surprised no one has done a forum gold mining thread. Unless that's something the mods immediately shut down.
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

I was one of the avid miners before the site slowed down. I haven't done much mining since as the lag and errors would crash my browser. I mined in and logged myself out for inactivity before finishing the pages I clicked. My machine was built around mining, so I never had a problem until the site started having problems.

As for the reason why people began mining, I believe it was because of people selling freshly released limited creatures for massive amounts of gold that only a few people had, or because of the prices of original donation creatures. The Magistream economy was really messed up then, not that it's much better now, but it was really bad then.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

Mochipet wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 3:56:59 pm I mean theoretically couldn't there be a thread started in the reindeer game section where the sole purpose of the thread is mine forum posting for gold?

Because right now it seems posting in forums is one of the main ways to get a decent amount of gold in a short time so I'm frankly surprised no one has done a forum gold mining thread. Unless that's something the mods immediately shut down.
Feel free to participate in the simple game threads like "name chain", "alphabet counting", "change one letter" etc. it's basically already that and there!

A thread with the whole purpose of just "post for goldmining" would be considered Spam.
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mochipet »

Shakura wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 12:18:26 pm
Mochipet wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 3:56:59 pm I mean theoretically couldn't there be a thread started in the reindeer game section where the sole purpose of the thread is mine forum posting for gold?

Feel free to participate in the simple game threads like "name chain", "alphabet counting", "change one letter" etc. it's basically already that and there!

A thread with the whole purpose of just "post for goldmining" would be considered Spam.
For sure, makes sense!
bandbullets
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by bandbullets »

i just found out abt protected/hidden tabs(idk i didnt pay attention a lot paying back then and there's like a lot i dont know/havent tried on MS) and uhh 75k for one-use scroll is like also quite the investment rip lmfao(only reason why im even considering getting it is bc of the egg collecting quests head in hands) im tryin my best to be more active in forums since its fun talking here yaya
Pounces
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pounces »

Hm .. I think I misunderstood. Plz ignore :3 <3
<3 Wishlist: any older, bred event creatures would be amazing! <3
Missed Sea Bunnies, and I'd love ANY Crystalwing
(Despite year joined that shows, I just started Sept 2023)
┍━━━━━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━┑
<3 We love clicks too! Please help us grow <3
ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
Image ImageImage

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
ImageImageImageImage
┕━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━━━━━┙

Return to “Site News”