Time Keeper (a magistream story) (Ch. 15)

This section is for any writing set in a world not of your own making, whether it is the Magistream world or any other.

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Favorite character?

Stella
14%
Hunter
29%
Remmy
43%
Silver
14%
Solinur
No votes
Nitiko
No votes

Total votes: 7

SeaCrest
CreaturesTrade

Re: Time Keeper (a magistream story) (Ch. 14)

Post by SeaCrest »

Phoenixwildfire wrote:I LIED. Sorry.

Those of you reading Avalon, I suggest you read this story as well if you want to know what's going on in the future of Avalon. You can probably go without reading it, but I would HIGHLY suggest it.
LOL, good to know. Also good that I think I connected the dots somewhat.

Oh well.

In any case, it still means you have to write more :devil:
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Time Keeper (a magistream story) (Ch. 14)

Post by Phoenixwildfire »

Ch. 15

(I'm going to have fun melding stories together now.

Those of you who read CTKM may find some fun hints here and there. :tard: )

Stella woke up bouncing up and down, gasping in shock as her magic flared around her and instantly faded again.

“Woah, that felt odd.” Nitiko said from behind her with a chuckle. Stella froze and looked back at him in surprise.

“What are we doing? Why aren’t we still at your castle?” Stella felt around her, feeling metal clad arms on either side of her, a large horse’s sides beneath her legs.

“We had to get out before the other magi found you. It’ll be alright, we lost them a while back.” Nitiko said reassuringly.

“She’s awake?” Hunter said, another set of hooves moving closer to trot alongside Nitiko’s horse.

“Yeah, she just woke up.” Nitiko said, the horse stopping as another set of hooves moved up closer.

“About time.” Another voice said sarcastically.

“Solinur?” Stella said in surprise, looking toward the voice.

“Heya babe.” He said, a grin in his voice. “Glad you finally woke up.”

“But- you guys!” Stella said, sitting up in a panic. “You both can’t be magi now- what the hell did you do that?” she yelled in anger.

“So?” Hunter grumbled.

Stella scoffed in disbelief. “So? You’ve worked your whole life to be a magi- how could you just give it up like that?”

“Well, she’s a little spitfire, isn’t she?” Nitiko chuckled.

“I wasn’t about to sit around and watch you be killed if that’s what you mean.” Solinur said with distaste. “And Hunter definitely wasn’t going to- not when-“

“Shut up!” Hunter yelled, making Stella flinch at the loud noise. “Stella, I didn’t want you to be alone, and have every magi searching for you.”

Stella looked down uneasily, wringing her hands through her dress uneasily. “But… I don’t like that you gave up everything for me. I’m not that important…”

“Ah, and now we come to the root of the issue.” Nitiko said in satisfaction. “You don’t think these men should have given up their teachings to do the right thing, because you’re not important enough to be the reason for them changing their lives so quickly?”

Stella looked up in surprise, but nodded softly.

“And you, Hunter, didn’t want to see this girl killed because you don’t like the idea of a woman who is blind being so helpless to those who would hunt her for… less than savory means?”

“Yeah…” Hunter said, sounding surprised as well.

“I could understand that. Stella, you have to understand that you are important- at least to those who see what you’re really like.” Nitiko said reassuringly. “We just have to find a way to convince the magi of that too.”

Stella blushed at the complement, but remained silent. She hadn’t ever been around people who actually liked her for who she was… When she had spent her life in the tower, all the sorcerer had done was use her for a purpose- either by supplying magic-filled stones or using her time magic. She still didn’t know how she felt toward Hunter- he was nice, but… the fact that he was so ready to throw everything away for her like that kind of scared her. She wasn’t used to someone caring about her so much.

“We should perhaps change the subject. I think she’s getting uncomfortable.” Solinur suggested.

“Aye, good idea. So- where are we going? All I know is that we’re still moving in a northern direction.” Nitiko said, his voice loud as Stella leaned against him, still feeling tired.

“Well, we should find someone who’s willing to listen to what’s going on, and maybe has a chance to get things changed.” Hunter sighed in frustration. “But I don’t know anyone like that.”

Nitiko hummed thoughtfully for a moment. “I think I might. We’ll have to go to Synara, though. It’s a pretty long trip, but it may be worth it.”

“So this guy will be able to help Stella, maybe?” Solinur said hopefully.

“Or at least listen to what we have to say without thinking she’s inherently evil. My… my wife knew him.” Nitiko said solemnly.

Stella looked back at Nitiko in shock. She hadn’t seen a woman in the castle, nor any sign of one.

“Your face is far too expressive, Stella.” He chuckled sadly. “My wife died a few years ago.”

Stella blushed and looked away sadly. “I’m sorry.”

“No need to be. It was her time to go to The Gods’ sides, and so I’ve accepted it.” He said confidently.

Stella stared back at him with wide eyes. She had never experienced devotion to a religion like this before, and wondered how he could believe in the Gods so completely. Even to accept his own wife’s death…?

“Well, we’ll go see this guy… what’s his name?” Solinur asked, sounding uneasy as well.

“Novilo the air magi.” Nitiko said.

“Wait- Novilo the agility teacher?” Solinur said in amusement. “Hunter- it’s the blond guy with the robes that kicked your ass!”

Hunter grumbled in annoyance at the mention of that battle.

“You know Novilo?” Nitiko said in surprise. “He taught you two?”

“Yeah- he’s one of the teachers at our keep when he actually shows up to practice. He’s notorious for being late, or not showing up at all. The other masters get really annoyed with him, but he just doesn’t care.” Solinur said, obviously sounding excited to see this teacher again.

“Well good- that will make our lives easier if he knows you two as well, at least.” Nitiko said, sounding relieved.

Stella smiled, hoping things were going to turn out for the better. If this Novilo guy was actually anything like what the twins were talking out, she thought she would probably like him quite a bit. Hopefully he wouldn’t judge her so quickly as the other magi had…

“That just leaves how to get there.” Hunter said uneasily. “You do know we’d have to cross the Etain desert?”

“The thought crossed my mind, yes. We’ll stop at the oasis first for some supplies and water to take with us. It will be a harsh journey, but I think we’ll be fine.” Nitiko said confidently.

“What’s a desert?” Stella asked uneasily, hoping she didn’t sound as stupid as she felt. They seemed to all know what they were talking about…

“It’s a place where… well, there’s a lot of sand, and not much else.” Hunter said thoughtfully, trying to explain something like a desert. “It’s dry- so dry in fact, that there’s no water at all- and hot.”

Stella grimaced at the idea. “That doesn’t sound like a pleasant place.”

“No, it’s not. But it’s better than getting fried by a fire magi, at least. It would be the quicker way to go, and I doubt Brodrick’s tasharn could cross a desert. They’re arctic creatures, after all.”

“Then that leaves out going around through Raza- I had thought about doing that, but if the magi have a tasharn, I doubt that would be as hampering to the creature than going through the desert would be.” Nitiko said, sounding like he was thinking things through. “We should be fine though- I’ve crossed the desert before, so I know what supplies we need. Things will turn out- I have a feeling the Gods will help us in our travels.” he said in satisfaction.

Stella let out a soft sigh, not sure if she liked all this talk from Nitiko about ‘Gods’. She wasn’t sure anything that would let her live a life like this was worthy of her praise. Instead, she kept herself silent as the men started to discuss what to do next. She was so useless.

Hints for alternate stories (if you want to see them)

CKTM:
Spoiler
When she had spent her life in the tower, all the sorcerer had done was use her for a purpose- either by supplying magic-filled stones or using her time magic.
:wat:
Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Time Keeper (a magistream story) (Ch. 15)

Post by Mathcat »

So, I read what you had posted a while back, came back to leave a review, and the chapter was gone. Now that it's back again, I'll leave a review. I'd been rereading the first couple of chapters of Time Keeper (glitched quotation marks and all), and yes, I picked up on the...hint you mentioned.

I'm glad to see this being updated again, as I really enjoy your MagiStream stories - it'll be fun seeing characters from different perspectives. There will probably be a more lengthy review at some point, but I'd need to have the time to reread the entire story first.
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

(I changed the chapter entirely, actually- the first version wasn't as good and I realized I had already written almost an entire version of chapter 15- so I just melded the two together :lol: )

OMG I totally forgot to put this story into fanfiction.net...

... *facepalm*

I'll do that so you guys don't have to read it with quotation marks...
freakazoid
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by freakazoid »

Stella...you aren't useless! D:
Glad to see TK be updated again. Looking forward to more, as always! ;3
. Image Image Image Image Image .
Selling shards 50k/shard or cats/koalas
(Always) LTB winged cats & meowls
Signature & avatar art by Piney
Drei Korvik
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Drei Korvik »

Phoenixwildfire wrote: I'll do that so you guys don't have to read it with quotation marks...
Thank god. It was terrible to slog through all that glitchy text. XD
On hiatus. If you want to talk to me, please send a note on deviantART!
DeviantArt
SeaCrest
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeaCrest »

Tee hee hee, I know what's going o-on! :lol:

Aww...Stella is most certainly not useless and unimportant :srs:
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

*snicker* Oh Seacrest, keep your spoilers to yourself :3

Here's the fanfiction version, fully updated through what I have written now:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7372328/1/Time_Keeper
SeaCrest
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeaCrest »

I will, I will, otherwise you might ban me from posting D:

Actually you probably won't but still :angel:

Huzzah, we can has fanfic version! :D

Return to “The Den”