The Anime Guild!

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.

Top two favorite decades of anime?

Pre-70's (examples are, uh, Astro Boy I guess?)
No votes
70's (examples: Original gundam, Kimba)
3%
80's (examples: Macross,Votoms)
1%
90's (examples: Pokemon, DBZ, Sailor Moon...we all know this decade)
36%
2000's (examples: FMA, Gurenn Lagaan)
24%
Shows from the past five years (Attack on Titan, Madoka)
36%

Total votes: 89

SwanRaven
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Anime Guild-open!

Post by SwanRaven »

i already completed it a while ago so when ever anyone is ready we can start
Atuin
CreaturesTrade

Post by Atuin »

Personally I would prefer to do an episode every other day.
...All would love to be clicked...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My FR user name is: Lapinporokoira (Wind)
My DC User name is: Atuin
Icethornstar
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icethornstar »

I'll start on it now, but I'll have to try and finish as much as I can until Sunday- I can't watch any anime during the week because of school. But I think everyone can watch as much/as little as they want, but we can have discussions and stuff when we all finish? :t-shrug:

As I stated before for the old vs. new style of drawing, I'm seconding Atuin. The older plots are probably much, much better, but I like the cleanliness of the new style better.

I finally got around to watching the new Tiger and Bunny (ep 24)
Spoiler
I hope he didn't die either. What would happen to Kadae? She would be like she was before, right after her mom died and everything... Poor Bunny's face was so, so sad.
I really hope that's what they're going to make him do (the cyborg parts), because it would be a horrible ending for this anime if they just left him dead. Or maybe, someone will somehow heal him or something? I have a feeling that the last episode is going to be next week's. T_T
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SwanRaven
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SwanRaven »

did anyone watch durarara and has a comment
Spoiler
i love shizuo x izaya
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Niverdia »

I've seen a lot of cool DRRR fanart on dA, but haven't yet started watching it - I want to get one 3-hour movie off my laptop soon, so I'll probably watch that tonight and will start DRRR tomorrow. I've heard that the first half of the series is much funnier than the second but that the second half has good character insights. :t-shrug:
I'm pretty good at balancing entertainment with education, in the worst case I can manage to watch a few episodes per day while nomming breakfast and dinner. xD
SwanRaven
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SwanRaven »

same with me but school is more important to me but yet i manage to watch so much anime. its true about what you said about durrr.
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Niverdia »

Well, I have several side hobbies, including those of drawing and reading books, which take higher priority than watching stuff.

Anyway, watched 1st episode of DRRR while nomming breakfast - man, that looks exciting. Will have to have moar, much moar when I come back later today.
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

I want to join the anime guild!
Favorite anime? Ghost in the shell.
Least favorite anime? Don't have one for now.
How did you get into anime? Can't remember.
What anime are you really enjoying currently? None, but I started watching Bleach a while ago but didn't have the time to watch it or find a place that had the episode I was looking for.
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Niverdia »

Oh hey, Shedragon!

I remember watching Ghost in the Shell (both parts) several years ago, but for some reason I didn't really "get it" (and hence didn't like it) then. Maybe it's time to revisit it after I'm done with the challenge of cleaning out my laptop from unwatched series/movies.

By the way, has anyone here watched Baccano! ? I also have it on my laptop and read in the DRRR! reviews that Baccano! is from the same makers (but it's an older series) and that there's a Baccano! character cameo in DRRR! at some point, so I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on that series, because I intend to watch it after DRRR! c:
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

I've seen the first half of Baccano! It has great reviews, and I did enjoy it, but...for some reason, some of it fell flat for me. I'm not sure why. The series is confusing, so it could have been that, or it could have been that I didn't find some of the character hi-jinks as amusing as I should have. I enjoyed what I watched, but it wasn't enough to get me into the "I need to watch more of this right now!" mentality that marks the anime I really like.

Give it a try, though. Maybe you'll like it more.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...

Return to “Guilds Quarter”