How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Wolfsister
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Wolfsister »

HobbitFeet wrote:
After my first round of chemo I came home sick as a dog but unable to sleep for days. Miserable shit. One of the many docs on call for me actually suggested a dose of benadryl in case of emergency, but I would NOT recommend that offhand. Sure, it can make you sleepy, but taking it too often can really mess you up and defo make your sleep habits worse :/
So glad you found something that helps you! I'm the opposite, haha. I don't take melatonin, but I take benadryl most nights and have for years. It doesn't necessarily help me sleep, and I also wouldn't recommend it for that alone, but I have allergies too and daytime allergy meds don't work anymore since they changed the formulation of my old one (Allegra). Both meds are so frequently assumed to be safe because they're commonly used, it's always best to ask your doctor and weigh your options!
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

Wolfsister wrote:So glad you found something that helps you! I'm the opposite, haha. I don't take melatonin, but I take benadryl most nights and have for years. It doesn't necessarily help me sleep, and I also wouldn't recommend it for that alone, but I have allergies too and daytime allergy meds don't work anymore since they changed the formulation of my old one (Allegra). Both meds are so frequently assumed to be safe because they're commonly used, it's always best to ask your doctor and weigh your options!
That's gotta suck, having allergies that bad. Especially if you're surrounded by the plants or animals that trigger it constantly. I take Allegra as well, but only during the worst months. Unfortunately, my mom was alergic to rats and I had a pet one for years, Now we have two cats and she's allergic to them too, lol!

I used to get benadryl put directly into my central lines before receiving blood products and I swear, that sleepy feeling was the best "high" I ever received. Forget all the heavy stuff, I just like a hit of the sleepy meds, lmao!
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

HobbitFeet wrote:
Wolfsister wrote:So glad you found something that helps you! I'm the opposite, haha. I don't take melatonin, but I take benadryl most nights and have for years. It doesn't necessarily help me sleep, and I also wouldn't recommend it for that alone, but I have allergies too and daytime allergy meds don't work anymore since they changed the formulation of my old one (Allegra). Both meds are so frequently assumed to be safe because they're commonly used, it's always best to ask your doctor and weigh your options!
That's gotta suck, having allergies that bad. Especially if you're surrounded by the plants or animals that trigger it constantly. I take Allegra as well, but only during the worst months. Unfortunately, my mom was alergic to rats and I had a pet one for years, Now we have two cats and she's allergic to them too, lol!

I used to get benadryl put directly into my central lines before receiving blood products and I swear, that sleepy feeling was the best "high" I ever received. Forget all the heavy stuff, I just like a hit of the sleepy meds, lmao!
My husband has allergies to most plant pollens and one of the best things he found to treat it is the alka-seltzer day/night tablets that you dissolve in a glass of water and drink. His sinuses are so much clearer. It also helps with his cat dander allergy enough that we can have two cats.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

I'm in quarantine! I've tested positive for Covid 19, so I get to stay home for the next 10 days. (My symptoms started on Tuesday, so that's 14 days from then.) I had a headache and stuffy nose for a couple of days and slept for most of that, but I feel better now. The only odd thing is I have zero sense of smell. That's what made me decide to get tested and is why my boss didn't ask I come in to work.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

MistyoC wrote:I'm in quarantine! I've tested positive for Covid 19, so I get to stay home for the next 10 days. (My symptoms started on Tuesday, so that's 14 days from then.) I had a headache and stuffy nose for a couple of days and slept for most of that, but I feel better now. The only odd thing is I have zero sense of smell. That's what made me decide to get tested and is why my boss didn't ask I come in to work.
I'm glad you're making a good recovery! I've had a few friends test positive and they also noted the loss of smell. I guess that's a symptom of the virus? (I only know the basic cough, headache, runny nose, fever, etc, but the sense of smell thing seems to also be a symptom.) Wishing you luck in the coming days and feeling back to normal. :t-hugs:
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

I ended up having to take 3 COVID tests, but I should be flying to Vietnam on Wednesday!! I'm so excited to leave the US and try something new with my career. Tickets have not been purchased yet, but the travel agent for the school is saying we'll have them tomorrow or Monday.
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

SirChicken wrote:
MistyoC wrote:I'm in quarantine! I've tested positive for Covid 19, so I get to stay home for the next 10 days. (My symptoms started on Tuesday, so that's 14 days from then.) I had a headache and stuffy nose for a couple of days and slept for most of that, but I feel better now. The only odd thing is I have zero sense of smell. That's what made me decide to get tested and is why my boss didn't ask I come in to work.
I'm glad you're making a good recovery! I've had a few friends test positive and they also noted the loss of smell. I guess that's a symptom of the virus? (I only know the basic cough, headache, runny nose, fever, etc, but the sense of smell thing seems to also be a symptom.) Wishing you luck in the coming days and feeling back to normal. :t-hugs:
Enough people have reported a loss of smell or taste for it to be on the list of symptoms. I thankfully can taste things, though I find myself craving spicy foods: perhaps to compensate for not smelling them. It's so weird to smell absolutely nothing, though. I've threatened my son I'm going to start eating a lot of beans since I can't smell the effects...
Soleil wrote:I ended up having to take 3 COVID tests, but I should be flying to Vietnam on Wednesday!! I'm so excited to leave the US and try something new with my career. Tickets have not been purchased yet, but the travel agent for the school is saying we'll have them tomorrow or Monday.
Hooray for you! Wishing you the best on this new chapter!
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

Hey just wanted to give y'all a heads up...have been reading how everyone is having allergy flare ups and stuff...

My 33 year old daughter has allergies - has sinus infections/loss of taste and smell, stuffy nose and cough every summer. Sound familiar to anything else? It started in about a week ago but she has had no fever - where she works checks twice a day and she has a thermometer she uses between times.

She works at a nursing home and told them about her allergies and since she had no fever they had her continue to work. 3 days ago it was on the news there were 26 residents and 10 staff members with covid. After the newscast they decided to offer tests to staff which my daughter took advantage of even though she had no fever. Found out earlier that she is positive and has to isolate for 2 weeks. They are going to retest her tomorrow and her husband too.

She was extremely stringent on following all the "rules" to avoid catching it and still got it anyway. So if you're having allergy attacks and have access to get tested you might want to just to be on the safe side u'all. T_T
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Oh my gooooood that return trip from vacation was HELLLLL

Murphy's law decided to strike HARD and the car blew its serpentine belt. Which is kind of important b/c among other things it produces energy to charge the battery while the car is driving as well as powering what keeps the engine cool
And we had a 4+ hour drive ahead of us.
So after we got off the ferry and on the mainlannd we pulled into the parking lot and spent like, the next 3 hours trying to figure out how we were going to get the 4 of us AND the busted car home.

First idea- call a tow truck and get it towed to a nearby garage.
Except it turns out the garage we found on google, no longer exists. And hadn't for 7 years. The towing service does but his auto repair shop does not.
Also, a new problem emerges, b/c of covid we can't ride in the tow truck so we need a taxi or smthn for all of us.

Idea 2- Well ok, Uncle (he and my aunt were on vacation too) offered to drive me, my sister and mom while dad gets a taxi to the nearest garage (which would have been about 90 mins away). Also most of the garages are either not open, or are going to be closed by the time we get there at this point.
Problem, the taxi my dad called wanted like, 140$ in cash, just to show up. Never mind the fare to get him home, this was just to drive out to him and show up. We don't have that sort of cash on us.

Idea 3- Order a rental vehicle, load our shit and ourselves in it and use that to get home and have the car dropped off at a garage along the way.
Problem, none of the fucking places are apparently open-by this point it's about 1-2pm, apparently all the nearby places closed at like, noon and are closed tomorrow (Sunday), meaning the earliest they could get us something was Monday. Very much not ideal or wanted.

EVENTUALLY, we just had the guy tow the car all the way home, 4+ hours away, my dad got a taxi home (that was a fucking like, 300+ dollar taxi ride) and my uncle drove the three of us home.
So everything and one got home safe, mom's gonna have to call off work on Monday b/c no car and get it in so they can fix the belt.

tl;dr
Don't have car problems in the middle of fucking nowhere on a weekend. you'll be fucking screwed.

at least the tow truck guy was nice (he was the one who helped my dad get a taxi, he called up one he uses and was like 'eyyy you doing anything rn? cause I got a guy who needs a ride')
Azima
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Azima »

Mathcat wrote:Someone mentioned white noise? Here are some sites I use, though I've never tried them for insomnia - just for noise-blocking and combating anxiety.

https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php - Loads and loads of sound generators. Has some of everything - tonal drones, natural sounds, music, and more. (My personal favorite is Sleeping Dragon.) Some donator-only options, but much of the site is free. There's also an app, which might have moved to subscription only.

https://www.youtube.com/user/audiosampling/featured - YouTube channel for the above site.

https://purrli.com/ - A customizable cat purr for anyone who might be missing their kitty.
Thank you for these links! I'll definitely try them out. I slept a little better last night after putting on some rain sounds. I also went out and bought a big fan for my room - that noise always lulled me to sleep.

Also, neighbor upstairs, it's almost 11 PM, WHY ARE YOU VACUMMING NOW? :sweat:
Tᴏ ʜᴀᴛᴄʜʟɪɴɢ ᴏɴʟʏ, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ. ᴄ:
Tʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ! ♥
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”