I have this idea....

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

What do you think of a "Buyers Union" guild? (see my post on the 5th page)

I think it would be a good idea!
9%
I don't think that's a good idea.
68%
I'm not really sure yet....
18%
I don't really care :P
6%

Total votes: 34

umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: I have this idea....

Post by umbreon241 »

Umalia wrote:
Piney wrote:So basically we can't say anything bad about the price of donation pets because that'll be seen as pressuring and bawwwing...?
You can't say anything about MS economy without it resulting in bawwwing.
Well said.
I think I might have a solution to this that won't have everyone biting off each other's heads. I'm going to edit the poll and see what people think. It's kind of like the Coalition for Fairer Prices, but not really. No stealy-stealy of my idea!
It would pretty much be a lot of people who would like to lower prices. They would all just not buy at high rates. It would be similar to the Coalition, but we wouldn't be selling. Just buying.
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
ShaiNeko
Site Moderator
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShaiNeko »

umbreon241 wrote: Well said.
I think I might have a solution to this that won't have everyone biting off each other's heads. I'm going to edit the poll and see what people think. It's kind of like the Coalition for Fairer Prices, but not really. No stealy-stealy of my idea!
It would pretty much be a lot of people who would like to lower prices. They would all just not buy at high rates. It would be similar to the Coalition, but we wouldn't be selling. Just buying.
So, uh...Let me make sure I understand this. You're going to buy up all the cheaper DPs, leaving only the higher priced ones left for people to try and get? And then you won't be reselling those DPs?
ImageImage :t--.-:
umbreon241
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

ShaiNeko wrote:
So, uh...Let me make sure I understand this. You're going to buy up all the cheaper DPs, leaving only the higher priced ones left for people to try and get? And then you won't be reselling those DPs?
No, what we'll try to get to happen is get people to lower the DP prices a bit, like to around 10k per shard.
EDIT: You were around when a person who shall remain anonymous was selling mass donies for 15k, 20k, and 30k? Well, when she closed shop doni prices shot up because there was no longer a ton of donies for a small price. That proves if a lot of creatures being sold at a low price, the economy can change. If a lot of people buy current donies that are not priced at over 90k, then people selling them might bring down their prices a bit.
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

ShaiNeko
Site Moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShaiNeko »

umbreon241 wrote:
ShaiNeko wrote:
No, what we'll try to get to happen is get people to lower the DP prices a bit, like to around 10k per shard.
How does only buying the lower priced ones make people lower the prices? If the only ones left are the higher priced creatures, people will become even more desperate and will still buy them.
Niwer
Pixel Artist
CreaturesTrade

Post by Niwer »

Umbreon, I think you're working under the assumption that everyone will refuse to buy overpriced donis, which simply isn't true. Shai is pointing out that if your guild gobbles up all the low-priced pets, then that will leave only the high-priced pets for everyone else, thus creating a worse market situation than the one we have. x:
.~//Staff Artist\\~.
Offering 75k for QB Hellhound born Sept 29th.
PM me.
ElementalNovel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ElementalNovel »

OMG DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT!!!!!!!111!! The prices of donis are waaaaay too high. *inflationmuch* I know they're rare, but really, who has over 95k on a regular basis? I do think, though, the prices need to still be a leeeeetle high so everyone has something to work for, but slaving away for monthes to get 95k for an adremeri, etc, isn't helping anyone. YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS GUILD!

@Niwer On the contrary. Those not in the guild would have to lower their prices to keep up.
T I M S H E L ImageImageImageBut this- this is a ladder to climb to the stars...
I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul.
It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe.
It is always attacked and never destroyed— because "Thou mayest."
umbreon241
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

Niwer wrote:Umbreon, I think you're working under the assumption that everyone will refuse to buy overpriced donis, which simply isn't true. Shai is pointing out that if your guild gobbles up all the low-priced pets, then that will leave only the high-priced pets for everyone else, thus creating a worse market situation than the one we have. x:
True, I never thought of it like that. But then again, won't everyone else just lower their prices so then some of their donies can sell too? It happened when anonymous person was selling donies. The prices stayed low for a while because she sold lots of donies at low prices. And because everyone was buying from her, other sellers lowered their prices.

Keolah
CreaturesTrade

Post by Keolah »

Buyer's union? You know what the end result of this will be?

You'll refuse to buy donis at higher prices. The sellers will continue to sell them at high prices to players willing to pay those prices. Net result: You won't get any donis at all. :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

Umbreon: that would only work if you got a sufficient portion of the population in on it. Enough that the sellers could not get sales... and it would mean having people risk not getting the creature at all for any price, which will shrink your membership very quickly. Which is why I'm saying that it is going to, in this case, require an increase in supply, either a group of buyers who both can buy many donation pets each month and are willing to re-sell them during the month. The bottle neck in the equation is the number of donation pets available for re-sale. Unless you can actually materially affect that OR get pretty much every single player in the site to refuse to buy donation pets at all unless they're below a certain price, the 'union' idea isn't going to work. The bottleneck here is supply, and frankly with donation pets that will always be the bottleneck.

~Wolf
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ShaiNeko
Site Moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShaiNeko »

umbreon241 wrote:
Niwer wrote:Umbreon, I think you're working under the assumption that everyone will refuse to buy overpriced donis, which simply isn't true. Shai is pointing out that if your guild gobbles up all the low-priced pets, then that will leave only the high-priced pets for everyone else, thus creating a worse market situation than the one we have. x:
True, I never thought of it like that. But then again, won't everyone else just lower their prices so then some of their donies can sell too? It happened when anonymous person was selling donies. The prices stayed low for a while because she sold lots of donies at low prices. And because everyone was buying from her, other sellers lowered their prices.
Why would they lower their prices when you've bought the other available DPs? If they have the only ones on the market, they can set whatever price they want.

Do you have any idea how much Real World cash is needed to sell that amount of DPs every month? I'm all for keeping prices within every player's reach, but that is a lot of money, and very, very few people can afford to keep it up month after month after month.

Return to “Community Discussion”