Unscripted Backstage

A forum for OOC threads

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Unscripted Backstage

Post by SapphireHeart »

Okay, that actually helps quite a lot, thank you. So, right now everyone's sort of making a dash for the wide-open gate? Is that where we're at? I understand much better now. Don't apologize; this was super helpful. :t-:)
Saria
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Saria »

I guess so. I mean, it had to be open for the cage to get through, and since it's a public execution they'd need all the help they could up at the venue because people would be probably fighting over the good seats. Also some of the guard might just be there to watch. So that might be why the flood of reinforcements are all coming from the same way instead of surrounding them. In which case as long as they get to the gates before the guards, they are out of there. It's all a race, now.
So yeah. I guess this is where everyone (well, Asuka, Illiad, Kolya, Ella and I think Myesha) is at.
Looking for roleplayers? Feel free to drop me a message! :bounce:
1x1 Search
Back from a really long and weird hiatus?
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SapphireHeart »

Great. So, what happens after we escape? There's so many people, I feel like they wouldn't be very effective traveling together for anything stealth/speed based. Duragi mentioned going to an oracle for information. What do oracles do in this world? Do they provide prophecies, information, or both? At what point should the characters come to the conclusion that they need to kill fate?
Fox
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fox »

Okay, working on a reply now v-v

They come to that conclusion after realizing that now that some people know what they are, there's no way they can live in peace unless they (a) find a land beyond Author's control and live there in isolation for the rest of their lives, or (b) kill Author. xD
"I am a dog walking backwards," said the fox. "I am a wolf who sends flowers."
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SapphireHeart »

How long should it take? What are they going to do next, run through the woods for a while, build a campfire together, and chat about their future? Or is it going to take a bit of the group traveling and being chased before they realize those are their only options?

...am I overthinking this?
Saria
CreaturesTrade

Post by Saria »

After they escape...well, it depends then, doesn't it? A lot of people want to head for the forest, but it's a while away. How long, I do not know, so there's a big deciding factor. And if they're struck in open lands for a while, it won't make a difference if there are two of them or twenty two, except the force they can fight with. Small groups do tend to pass more quietly and unnoticed, but big ones have safety in numbers. If the forest/woods aren't that far, like only a few hours, then they could do that as they'd need a camp for the night. But maybe they are chased. Can't really say until we see what everyone's doing.
And no, not really. Just thinking. Not over thinking. That would mean too much thinking, and is often considered bad. This seems good...right?
As for oracles, I don't really know anything about them. I have no idea except they live sorta north. I know the same as you guys, whatever's in this thread. :derp:

@Fox:
Weeeeelllllll they might, so long as they're very careful. It would take a while for any posters to get out. After all, it's not like they were hunted down and wanted for ages. They were reported and scooped up. They were supposed to die, so why would they need posters? And now they need to gather all the remaining guards to get descriptions so an artist can draw out sketches...which then need to be copied and distributed. A couple at the very least to every town and city. That's a lot of copies, and to make sure they're accurate, it'd take a lot of time for the artist(s) on each face. Amend there are going to be many,'many copies, and multiple faces. The they must be delivered, which, depending on then distances, could take a few days just to deliver to one town or city.
1x1 Search
ThroughFireandBlood
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ThroughFireandBlood »

I think there were already a few copies of all the faces because at some point in the RP there was discussion of the posters showing who was to he executed. So if there are already pictures of their faces, they just need to redraw the faces and give a "wanted" statement over them. It would still likely take a few days to make enough copies. And probably during that time the soldiers would be hunting them, so they would have to keep on the move.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SapphireHeart »

Yeah. And as Saria said, it's going to take a lot of work to make posters for nine people and spread them across the entire city, as well as put word out that there are missing fugitives. And because of how much money/effort/time it would take to deal with these posters, they probably won't bother with really small towns/towns on the outskirts. If the demigods move fast enough they might be able to outrun the posters for a while.

So, in my head I've been thinking that Author and his regime are oppressive and generally hated, but what do you guys think? Are people superstitious about demigods, or do they not really care? Because there thoughts are about them.
Last edited by SapphireHeart on May 16th, 2014, 9:17:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saria
CreaturesTrade

Post by Saria »

It seems like an odd use of a poster, since each would need to be highly specific. But don't forget that "wanted posters" would have a lot of information that wouldn't be in the promotional posters. Like heights, notable features, rewards, warnings, possibly a mention of known abilities, and their weapons they were last seen with. It would take a while to compile and cross check all that data, since it all would have to be done by hand.
Ninja'd by Sapphire. :derp:

But to the second part, I don't really know. Demigods used to be revered, apparently, but maybe the Author managed to persuade people to hate/fear them. Honestly couldn't tell you. I guess each person might be different? Like some are scared of them, some hate them and believe they are to blame for bad things etc?
1x1 Search
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SapphireHeart »

I can understand a few promotional posters for a public execution, but running all over hell's half acre and spending a buttload of money just to put up wanted posters for a specific nine demigods seems like too much work. If I were an evil overlord, I'd just put up posters saying "Wanted - Demigods" and give a general description of what sort of powers they might have/warning signs of a potential demigod/how to catch a demigod in action, put a bounty up for all demigods, and wait. Sure, that'd probably get a lot of people wrongly killed/accused/injured, and cause suspicion/general tension between people, but whatever. And if they started rumours about how these dangerous escaped demigods brutally murdered several hardworking soldiers whose only crime was attempting the just execution of known criminals, well...

EDIT: Haha, sorry Saria XD

Return to “Backstage”