July 2020 Competition - Fishing Flies - Discussion

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
fauna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: July 2020 Competition - Fishing Flies - Discussion

Post by fauna »

Plutonic wrote:I really want to know if anyone feels like they are on track to meeting the 25th gen goal!

I got stopped at 2nd gen on my first try so I started up another and also got stopped at 2nd gen. D: I thought ok no problem, my original try is about to come off cooldown and I'll keep going. I had a few good breedings and then got stopped again on gen 5. At this point I was like ok there is no way I'm going to meet the 25th gen goal, but I've already committed mentally so let's keep this rolling and see how far I get. :bounce: My second try came off of cooldown today and of course the breeding failed and no progress was made. T_T I'm currently waiting on my gen 5 try to cooldown in like 7 hours.

(I'm breeding Swallowtail x Swallowtail for the 25th gen goal).

The last few days have been pretty rough on the breeding front and I haven't been able to be on much so everything has slowed down. On the plus side I've met the Swallowtail and Ulysses 25 personal goals, a little over halfway to Birdwing and have 6 tree nymphs. I don't have much confidence that I'll make 25 tree nymphs, but I'll definately give it a good effort. I'm really hoping I can get 10 Sunsets and 10 Buckeye for the parentless agaori pairs; no way I'll manage 10 Crimson. Now all I need is to find the breeding luck faeries and make a deal with them :lol:
With no way to cool down the breedings and about a week left it feels impossible tbh. You could really only afford one failed breeding, plus the time it takes to raise the offspring to adults it would be hard to get more than 5 generations down the line a day. I've gotten to 5th gen swallowtail. He failed yesterday
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

I'm definitely struggling with meeting the 25th gen mark. I've been trying to breed monarchs (And with luck, those ones breed more Monarchs), but I've mostly gotten Swallowtails. At some point or another I decided to try breeding Ulysses together, since my breeding success rate feels higher with those guys than the Swallowtails.

Also, the generation that the child is is dependent on the highest generation parent right? Or am I mistaken? I bred a Ulysses that has a 2nd generation and 5th generation parent, but it's saying it's 3rd generation, so was kinda curious on this. :orly:
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

it's been around 6-7 attempts for either a cinnabar or buckeye today and yesterday and they've all failed
this is truly remarkable
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
<3 <3 <3
happy pride!
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

Yeah, not a lot of progress on the 25 gens here. Also doing Swallowtail x Swallowtail. But I've started 3 different lines. I have a 5th gen on one line and 3rd gens only on the other two.

I was hoping I could at least get to 10th gen, but even that seems farfetched right now. I'm at 6th gen with the variant breeding (Buckeyes - no Cinnabars yet)! :sweat:

I click. You click. We all click!
P.S. I love SnapLinks.

<3 Wish List In My Profile <3

STATUS - 4/23/20: Splat.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LittleDragonfly and LittleGreenGirl are my daughters!
YunoGasai
CreaturesTrade
Location: Seattle, WA, USA, The Western Hemisphere, Terra, The Milky Way, The Universe, The Multiverse-web

Post by YunoGasai »

I'm stopping at 25 tree nymphs. there isn't enough time for 25 of anything beyond that for me. this comp so did not have enough time in it for the vast majority of people it seems. maybe next time allow cooldown pots.
ImageImageImageImage
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

YunoGasai wrote:I'm stopping at 25 tree nymphs. there isn't enough time for 25 of anything beyond that for me. this comp so did not have enough time in it for the vast majority of people it seems. maybe next time allow cooldown pots.
While I'd also love to be able to use cooldown potions (as I'm currently fully stocked), I fear it would cause an even bigger disadvantage for some people. I mean, even the lack of gender potions some people had put them at a disadvantage, just not as much. Cooldown potions would make that gap between front runners and everyone else just that much more gigantic. O.o

I click. You click. We all click!
P.S. I love SnapLinks.

<3 Wish List In My Profile <3

STATUS - 4/23/20: Splat.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LittleDragonfly and LittleGreenGirl are my daughters!
fauna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by fauna »

Jadeunicorn wrote:
YunoGasai wrote:I'm stopping at 25 tree nymphs. there isn't enough time for 25 of anything beyond that for me. this comp so did not have enough time in it for the vast majority of people it seems. maybe next time allow cooldown pots.
While I'd also love to be able to use cooldown potions (as I'm currently fully stocked), I fear it would cause an even bigger disadvantage for some people. I mean, even the lack of gender potions some people had put them at a disadvantage, just not as much. Cooldown potions would make that gap between front runners and everyone else just that much more gigantic. O.o
It would have been cool if the breeding cool down for the fish was changed to 1 or 2 days for the competition though :italian:
Plutonic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Plutonic »

Greatwhite wrote: With no way to cool down the breedings and about a week left it feels impossible tbh. You could really only afford one failed breeding, plus the time it takes to raise the offspring to adults it would be hard to get more than 5 generations down the line a day. I've gotten to 5th gen swallowtail. He failed yesterday
The cooldown is definately the most difficult part of this goal. I keep thinking if that was reduced it would make the 25th gen goal go from mission impossible to challenging, but that would greatly affect all the other goals and make them too easy. I'm super impressed at your ability to get 5 gen per day (provided they cooperate!) :lol:
Aneira wrote:I'm definitely struggling with meeting the 25th gen mark. I've been trying to breed monarchs (And with luck, those ones breed more Monarchs), but I've mostly gotten Swallowtails. At some point or another I decided to try breeding Ulysses together, since my breeding success rate feels higher with those guys than the Swallowtails.

Also, the generation that the child is is dependent on the highest generation parent right? Or am I mistaken? I bred a Ulysses that has a 2nd generation and 5th generation parent, but it's saying it's 3rd generation, so was kinda curious on this. :orly:
I have lost any rhyme or reason for breeding success. Some days everything wants to breed and other days nothing wants to breed. :facepalm:

That's strange that you are getting a 3rd gen from a 5th and 2nd gen parent. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I believe you are correct and it should be dependent on the highest gen parent so your offspring should be 6th in that scenario. Did you create a lineage? Rosehill mentioned the true generation would be replace by the lineage generation. For example, if you created a lineage out of two gen 2 ulysses the offspring would say gen 1 when it is really gen 3. Other then that, I have no idea!
Jadeunicorn wrote:Yeah, not a lot of progress on the 25 gens here. Also doing Swallowtail x Swallowtail. But I've started 3 different lines. I have a 5th gen on one line and 3rd gens only on the other two.

I was hoping I could at least get to 10th gen, but even that seems farfetched right now. I'm at 6th gen with the variant breeding (Buckeyes - no Cinnabars yet)! :sweat:
Ooof. I had hoped one of us would be around 10th gen at least by now since we started at the beginning. Though a small part of me is glad I'm not the only one struggling with this goal. ^.^

Cervinus deer are one of my favorite creatures and I was excited to see the parentless white cervinus prize. Unfortunately, those little cuties will be just out of reach for me.
Thank you for the gifts!
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MothballMilkshake »

I've reached 25 all the way up to Tree Nymph *Except for Monarch since those so often give Swallowtail), and need about 4 more to reach it for Sunset. Don't know if I will get the Buckeye and Cinnabar ones though
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
ExplicitiveUhoh
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ExplicitiveUhoh »

When it comes to breeding; I feel like the stars and planets need to be aligned. Unfortunately, the horoscope for today seems to be that a lot of pairs will be distant with each other.
I've had a decent chunk of Swallowtail breedings fail (which is overall pretty rare at this time) on top of a good chunk of rejections for Birdwing eggs and Tree Nymph eggs. I still managed to make more headway on my goals for 25 Birdwings & Tree Nymphs (will be at 20 for the Birdwings and 11 for the Tree Nymph) but it was really touch and go. Also, Tree Nymphs have crazy odds so far. I've had streaks where only 1 of 5 breedings worked and then snagged like 5 in a row without fail.

I did make over 5th gen, so I met one of the gen goals I had. Just hoping to eek out enough Tree Nymphs to receive a SB pair by the 6th.
Sometimes, life requires introspection. The questions of 'why am I here?', 'what is my purpose?' and 'why the hell are there clowns!?'. The important questions, obviously.

To hatchling, please:

Thank you for your clicks!
PokemonGo FriendCode [FYI: Not very active at this time]: 3046 7075 8234

Return to “Community Discussion”