Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Unscripted Backstage

Post by umbreon241 »

I'm in the process of finally typing up a reply. :well:
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SapphireHeart »

Saria wrote:Wow, just woke up to two pages in thread and three here. Were you people all jacked up on sugar and caffeine while I slept or something?
The content of Fox's earlier post in this thread suggests that the answer is 'yes.' Also, the power of an intriguing roleplay with multiple literate posters does a lot for energy and productivity. I finished half a six-page essay on Shakespeare while feeding off the energy generated by this thread.

...and yeah, there may have a tinsy bit of high-caffeine soda invovled. Yay for the power of college nutrition! :woo:
Saria
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Saria »

Ha, I don't really sleep much, so I was kinda surprised to see how far you guys all got. It takes me forever to type up posts. If everyone was a similar speed as me we'd never get anywhere! :haha:

Hey, can I ask something?
I'm assuming "Firehead" is Illiad since she mentioned the reinforcements, and "Waterworks" is Asuka because of her powers. But then I'm confused as to why they're standing around in an alley?
Sorry if it seems like a silly question, maybe my brain just died. It hasn't been connecting well this evening. :derp:
Looking for roleplayers? Feel free to drop me a message! :bounce:
1x1 Search
Back from a really long and weird hiatus?
Kaidakuma
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kaidakuma »

I did my entire essay yesterday night, I'm in the same boat as you SapphireHeart
Saria wrote:Ha, I don't really sleep much, so I was kinda surprised to see how far you guys all got. It takes me forever to type up posts. If everyone was a similar speed as me we'd never get anywhere! :haha:
I was there and I was amazed at the pace, I was going to post several times and had to rewrite because someone else had done something. SO MUCH ACTIVITY! :derp:
Find my Art blog here! I do commissions!
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SapphireHeart »

I don't know, I thought your character was hiding in an alley yelling at the rest of us to shut up and move. Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the movement/location. I thought we were trapped in the middle of the plaza because of the archers, but then Kolya ran out and got away, and then the reinforcements are conveniently not arriving, and I also don't know how we're supposed to get to the forest...yeah, I'm pretty confused too.

Yes, you're right about the nicknames. No one's introduced themselves and I got tired of typing things like 'the girl who had been in the corner' and 'the girl with bright red hair' and 'the girl who seemed nervous and confused.'

Edit: (@Kaida) Yeah, I do most of my English papers at night. And that's the same reason why I didn't get in a whole lot of replies yesterday: so. much. posting.
Saria
CreaturesTrade

Post by Saria »

He travelled through the alleys, yeah. He bailed at the start when everyone was pretty distracted, and the archers seemed to be focused on the main streets. But he made it out on to the main street and was running to the way out. I probably wrote it in a really confusing manner. After he called then he kept running down the main street. Then again, I think Wishtobeawolf wrote that Asuka stood beside him? So maybe that's where the waiting around is coming from. Because he's not in an alley or standing around. If you want, I can draw a basic diagram because I am terrible at explaining things. Won't be very clear though since I'm on a tablet.
I mean, I know where Kolya should be, but then I got confused after that when people were standing around supposedly talking to him, so I wasn't really sure if they were with him or not.

I understand the reason, I like the names. Only one nickname has made it into my posts so far, perhaps I'll get to come up with more, or maybe by then they'll have introduced themselves and will actually know each other's names.
1x1 Search
ThroughFireandBlood
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ThroughFireandBlood »

All I know is I had Iliad run towards Kolya wherever he was standing. So she is following him. And yeah. I know what you guys mean. I had to rewrite my posts so many times too. Everyone is really quick at posting.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

That took way too long to type up. >.<
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SapphireHeart »

Actually, a quick diagram of the area and where everyone is would be really helpful, before we get too many more posts...
I can't wait until we're in the woods. :headdesk:
Saria
CreaturesTrade

Post by Saria »

Okay well I can't say this is 100% definitely the area since I don't know that as a fact, so I drew a general street thing because it's also faster to mark out. Just a heads up though that it's pretty messy and roughly done because I'm on a tablet (like an iPad but not Apple, not like a graphics tablet) which isn't pressure sensitive at all - no way to use a stylus here.
Spoiler
Not to scale, remember that too.
Okay. Larger area to the north/top was because I'm not sure if the cage made it to the plaza or if they didn't quite make it there. So that's part of the plaza if they're not quite there, and the direction the reinforcements are coming from. I think.
To the south/bottom, there's a gap in the city walls. The gate. That's the way out. I don't know if the city has actual gate doors, and if so if anyone is actually manning the gatehouse. But that's the way out anyway.
Main street should be obvious, it's the big long rectangle thing in the middle, then there are the alleys and backstreets branching off behind the shops/houses. Between each branching street from the main one, I'd say there are two buildings. So road-building-building-road, if you catch my meaning.
The sort-of-not-really-successful-attempt-of-a-square is the cage, if it hasn't made it to the plaza. If it's in the plaza, not much changes except there is a little more room.
Scribbles in a "backstreet" represent the crates blocking further progress. I just picked a random side here for Kolya's route.
The green line is Kolya's route. There's a slight dip into one alley, and it ends with an arrow because he's still running.
The blue bow icon shows where he picked up his bow.
The music note is where he paused to whistle at them to get their attention, and then call to them. After that he ran down towards the gate.
The red area around the cage is the area where all the fighting seems to be taking place.

---

Does that help any? It's just a generic layout for simplicity's sake, so don't panic if your ideas were much grander than that. It's just to explain. I mean the only reason the streets are kind of symmetrical is because I tend to like symmetry.
I hope I haven't missed out anything, and I really hope this helps.
Also I hope the roughness of it doesn't offend your eyes.
Sorry again. >.<
1x1 Search

Return to “Backstage”