Flight Rising Guild v2

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: Flight Rising Guild v2

Post by Karzarill »

KittyLune wrote:Okay, now this legitly pisses me off. Let me direct you to a submission on this page.

This was submitted by Shadoweve. This is her "first submission" to the contest.

This is the same fucking skin that started the trypophobia bullshit. the only difference is the artist changed their username, slapped on flame designs to cover the dots, changed the colors on the wings and lied about it being their first submission. Here's the screencap of the original:
Why does it piss you off? Because they say its their first?

I'm surprised no one have made a big fuss over this.
ML1201
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ML1201 »

@Solar
YAY! My girl is done!~ *adds to dragon's profile*

@Kitty
I hate art thieves, because that's what they are. :angry:

@Kar
It looks like magma to me so no idea why people would get upset over it. :t-sweat:
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

Because there's black dots close to each other, in truth that accent is really no different than that guardian skin that was a drama over. People on FR are really weird when it comes to that.
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

Karzarill wrote:Because there's black dots close to each other, in truth that accent is really no different than that guardian skin that was a drama over. People on FR are really weird when it comes to that.
I think that the reason the guardian skin with holes in it upsets people so much is because holes appear to literally be in the dragon's skin. For some people, a big part of trypophobia is they picture the holes being in their own skin and they don't like holes in skin in general.
Last edited by umbreon241 on August 9th, 2014, 10:58:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
AmenoSakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by AmenoSakura »

ML1201 wrote:@Solar
YAY! My girl is done!~ *adds to dragon's profile*

@Kitty
I hate art thieves, because that's what they are. :angry:

@Kar
It looks like magma to me so no idea why people would get upset over it. :t-sweat:
They aren't an art thief. It's the same artist with a different username. They changed usernames after the shit went down in the forums to hide.
Image Ameno Sakura. Nonbinary. Asexual. Panromantic. Greymuzzle.
Furry - Gamer - Artist - Writer
ImageImageImageImageImage I have the same username on Discord, ToyHou.se, Twitter and BlueSky. Image
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

umbreon241 wrote:
Karzarill wrote:Because there's black dots close to each other, in truth that accent is really no different than that guardian skin that was a drama over. People on FR are really weird when it comes to that.
I think that the reason the guardian skin with holes in it upsets people so much is because holes appear to literally be in the dragon's skin. For some people, a big part of trypophobia is they picture the holes being in their own skin and they don't like holes in skin in general.
We don't even know if the dots on that skin was actually meant to be holes. But yeah I see your point.
ML1201
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ML1201 »

@Kitty
Oh, didn't realize they changed their name to that, only that they changed their name. They're probably saying it that way because its technically the same skin like you pointed out.
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

Karzarill wrote:We don't even know if the dots on that skin was actually meant to be holes. But yeah I see your point.
The important thing is that they look like they could be holes, so people with trypophobia won't like it regardless of whether or not the artist intended it to look like holes.
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
AmenoSakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by AmenoSakura »

umbreon241 wrote:
Karzarill wrote:We don't even know if the dots on that skin was actually meant to be holes. But yeah I see your point.
The important thing is that they look like they could be holes, so people with trypophobia won't like it regardless of whether or not the artist intended it to look like holes.
It doesn't help that the colors used for the skin (at the time) could be almost mistaken for human flesh tones and that the artist didn't explain anything about the skin at all.
Image Ameno Sakura. Nonbinary. Asexual. Panromantic. Greymuzzle.
Furry - Gamer - Artist - Writer
ImageImageImageImageImage I have the same username on Discord, ToyHou.se, Twitter and BlueSky. Image
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

Well explaining a little about the skin would have been nice since no one could really figure out what they were looking at.

Return to “Guilds Quarter”