Sexism: Still A Problem?

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

moonmaidens
CreaturesTrade

Re: Sexism: Still A Problem?

Post by moonmaidens »

Yes, it totally is. Not just the typical type with women though, it happens to men too. Both sexes experience sexism in all kinds of ways, even when not trying to. Hopefully it will be something that will stop one day, although I have a feeling it will always linger, just like racism and homophobia. But yes, it does - unfortunately - still exist today.
Jakestate
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jakestate »

Of course it is. Maybe not in big company things, but in society it is. Yes, females are more prone to this and that and males not so much, but the usual bad crap still happens. I'm not sure what to think of it, since I'm extremely bullheaded and often had guys wheeling away from me in school, but it's definitely a pain in the ass when you see it happening.
ImageImageImageImage
My golden dragon will protect my keep!Image
Intempestivity
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Intempestivity »

Jakestate wrote:Of course it is. Maybe not in big company things, but in society it is.
Have you even read the last few pages of this thread? It is incredibly prevelant in business, and the bigger the business the worse it is.
ShootingStar
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShootingStar »

Anyone with an IQ higher than a cucumber would say yes, it is.
ImageImageImageImage
Feminist; A supporter of feminism.
Feminism; The doctrine advocating the social, political and economic equality of the sexes.
It's not complicated.
If you want to RP, send me a PM!
I love DC comics, and the DCAU!
Eschaton
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Eschaton »

While recently there have been many advances in terms of treating women similarly to men, sexism is pretty obvious still out there, and quite a problem in many cases.

In my case it's more of a constant annoyance. Being the "girl" of my siblings (ah yes, the joys of being in the closet), I get to hear all of the lovely "take care of your brothers! Why don't you ever cook?? You're the woman of the family after your mom!", nevermind that 1. I'm not a woman, 2. have no interest whatsoever of having a family or anything of the sort, 3. am a danger to everyone if I even just boil the water, 4. I really dont even enjoy cooking. And yet I still get told that because of my genitals I belong in the kitchen.
Image Happy Baltic Pride ♥ Image
  • My wishlist: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    • (older donis)
    • Dismot (Chantecler, Welbar, Bantam, Legbar)

Return to “Hall of Speakers”