Why magistream?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Why magistream?

Post by BBkat »

RainyRose wrote:I joined last night! I saw an egg on someones siggy while playing Flight Rising and I was curious. Then I saw all the sweet pixels and I love pixels :D I can't wait to collect lots of pretty creatures.
Ohh, you joined just in time.
Sometime in the coming days/weeks the Thanksgiving event will be starting. :haha:
FennecFyre
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by FennecFyre »

I don't remember exactly why I joined, only that I was young and virtual pet sites were the new "cool" thing :lol: I ignored my account for like a year, missed out on some cool stuff, then actually started playing. I liked the creatures, I liked the community, and I learned how to roleplay here, so all in all this has been a good spot for me. I've been gone for a few years and finally come back, now I'm trying to catch up on the stuff I missed. Super bummed that I missed the quests for the new locations, but oh well, I can still get those creatures with a little extra work.
ImageImageImage
Alicia, Fenris, and Hattie, guardians of my beasties.
Sometimes I draw things.
I was Wolfcub, and answer to Wolf, FennecFyre, or Fennec.
Doggyears
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Doggyears »

I saw creatures in someone's signature on GPX+. One day the site was down, so in my boredom I went back to their signature and joined Magistream XD I stayed for the critters and community. ^_^
♫♪♫"It will never be too late for you to cross the finish line; get back up again—try it one more time"♪♫♪

Badhorror
CreaturesTrade

Post by Badhorror »

I saw a Dragcave dragon on a minecraft forum from when I used to play and then found myself playing adoptable games. Magistream is the only one that really sticks though, the pixel art is gorgeous, the community is great, and I can't seem to stop collecting donis. I just play Dragcave on the side, the art is gorgeous but no donis to collect back there
HUGE thank you to everyone who sent me gifts!!! Love this community <3
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CREATURES FOR SALE
Thanks for helping out amigo
Mysfytt
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mysfytt »

i too started out on Drag cave - but play that now every so often.

I joined because I like bats and saw the Sanus and then looked at the other cools sprites and said why not
Was disappointed to find the Sanus was a donation pet, but managed to gather enough coins to get one - then they became breedable...

I love the games and quests and other features of the site.

I mean - who doesn't want to lob stuff at your friends.
I am so excited...- ImageWheeeeeeee!
Evil does not understand beauty for it can never possess it,
so hidden away, secretly, in the dark - It destroys it.

SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

A friend on another site (Not a creature site, it was a Minecraft forum, actually) joined Magistream while I was talking with them, and they asked me to join, so I did. I remember reading through the FAQ and reading the first post like 3 or 4 times it be sure I understood everything. One of the first things I liked about this site was that the creatures don't die- I'll be honest, that's the main reason why I've never joined any similar sites, because during Midterm/Final weeks I really don't have much free time at all so the creatures would probably all die... and then I'd feel bad... So when I saw that doesn't happen here, I thought, 'Hey, that's nice,' and decided to actually try the creature collection part of the site rather than just chat with my friend and click their eggs and maybe roleplay a bit.
My first creature was a Hill Yale. I thought that was pretty cool, considering I'm a huge Undertale fan, and it became Asgore in my goat family ^.^ I forgot what my other three first eggs were, though... Anyway, I looked through the Bestiary to see what kind of creatures could be found here, and was really blown away by the spritework. I stuck mostly with looking through the stream creatures, since I had just started. The first stream creature that really stood out to me was the Wind Hydra. When I first saw the sprite for Male Wind Hydras I was like 'I have to get one'. And then spent several days staring at the stream waiting for an egg. Eventually, I got one from a giveaway, and I think that was when it was cemented in my head that I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon XD
It took awhile for me to become active in any of the forums except the Merchant District, but once I found some interesting roleplays I started roleplaying a lot (I think I'm in like 10 right now XD) and when I eventually, probably a month after joining, discovered the click threads, I started posting in the Reindeer Games area as well.
So pretty much what I love about this site is almost everything. The community is really nice, the creatures look awesome, and the Halloween event (the only one since I joined) was so much fun, so I'm really looking forward to more events!
:)
To hatchling only please: ImageImageImageImageImage
Thank you very much! <3

My wishlist is on my profile; I love Wind Hydras and Charaen!
Current event wishlist: New event creatures!
Thank you so much for the gifts! <3

ImageImageImage
CondorFlight
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by CondorFlight »

It’s hard to remember why I first joined... I think I was bored and looking for new pet sites. I think I joined dragcave and magistream at around the same time. I do remember thinking the sprites were gorgeous and very well done, and I positively loved the lore. The lore kept me around for a very long time (and I’m also a huge sucker for any sort of virtual collecting, gotta hatch em all!).
But as I got busy, and as I went through some changes in my life, I let magistream drop off my radar for a few years (still sad about all the things I missed) but I’ve been back for a few months now and back to working on my collection!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Razatharia
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Razatharia »

I don't really remember exactly why I joined, or how I found magistream, but I'm kinda a hoarder to be honest, so games like this are right up my alley XD I love collecting things (I love playing pokemon for that reason as well), and over the years I've just really loved Magistream. I've tried getting into other adoptable websites, but none of them really stuck with me (I kinda collect dragons in Dragcave on the side, but it's not really a priority or something, I just love dragons haha). I love mythical creatures (especially dragons), and I love collecting things. So uh.... Yup, magistream is just a perfect match for me.

I went through a few phases where I didn't care about magistream/didn't go on it at all (which lasted about a few weeks each time), but always found myself happily back on this site. It's nice because even though I didn't play for a while, I could come back and all my creatures would still be here, happy as ever, as they don't die or anything, and you don't have to check up on them every day and feed them or whatever (still come on this website almost every day regardless of that fact though).

I actually spent most of my time on magistream alone, just collecting creatures from the stream/shops on my own and not posting anywhere in the forum or anything (I'm hopelessly introverted to the point where if I ever post anything I have to reread it at least 4 times before I post it out of fear I did something wrong) for most of the time I've been here. I actually only recently started posting in the forums, but even now it's pretty sparse haha
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

I was on dragoncave when I spotted an adult koi koi in someones siggy.
At the time I liked the sprite, but I tend to be a one pet site at a time kind of person.

Some time later I was really bored with the other site and toke another look here. I liked the sprites and got myself an account.
Did go on a hiatus for a year or so.
Before the hiatus I was online a lot and constantly breeding and raising. Getting annoyed when people in click treads didn't click and much more.
When I returned I toke a more relaxed style.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
passionate
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by passionate »

SeriousSans wrote:One of the first things I liked about this site was that the creatures don't die
Omg, this. I'll never understand virtual pet sites with creatures that die. It's a virtual pet! For a reason! Anyway rant over.

The main reason I joined magistream was because the eggs are adorable. I have a tab just of frozen eggs because there's something so cute and aesthetically pleasing about them. The adult creatures art is gorgeous too. I wish I could have one of every creature because they're all amazing!
vipor wrote:Before the hiatus I was online a lot and constantly breeding and raising. Getting annoyed when people in click treads didn't click and much more.
This is why I quit too. It's already frustrating given how long it takes some creatures to hatch, then you have people who are either ignorant or completely oblivious and it's like, why? I'm going to try to stick around this time however.
come on, virtual pets literally should not die. they're VIRTUAL pets

xanje referral: <3
?/25 gifts omg thank you!!!
Wishlist Thank you

They say what doesn't kill the soul will make it harder
but you can't be a stone-hearted man. Anthony Green

Return to “Community Discussion”