Herbal Grace KS: vote! O:

This section is for any writing set in a world not of your own making, whether it is the Magistream world or any other.

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Which outfit do you like the best?

Outfit 1
No votes
Outfit 2
33%
Outfit 3
67%

Total votes: 6

freakazoid
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Chapter 42: Lost and Found

Post by freakazoid »

Thanks guys. :3
Sorry if this next chapter is fail; I'm in the mood to write, but have little/no inspiration left. xD

Chapter 42: Lost and Found
April sat, frozen. That kelpie was going to be the death of her. She breathed deeply, trying to think of other things. "Goddess said that as long as its raised right, it'll be fine...she just has to raise it right, and I'll be okay..."

A gentle murmur came from the back door. "I swear to Raznaks, if its that kelpie again, I'm gonna kill something." April huffed and stepped to the door, peering out the peephole. She saw white with stripes, but otherwise there was nothing. A tiger...?

She opened the door slowly. As soon as she noticed what stood in front of her, April burst into a hopeless fit of giggles and smiles. "Oh my Raznaks, Akeem, I missed you! Where did you go? Do you know where the others are?"

April snuggled her almost-lost kuras tiger, showering him in kisses and pats. A deep purr rumbled from the tiger's throat as he brushed his tail across his magi's face. He breathed in her watery, feline-overpowered scent, a chuckle echoing in his mind. She was nothing without her creatures, and Akeem could sense it. Any creature could.

"Come with me! You can have as much meat for dinner as you want, you can even sleep in my bed!" April bounded off to the kitchen, her child-like personality returning. Akeem followed her, what seemed to be a tiger's version of a smile creeping into a wide grin.

April looked up from her lunch, glancing down at Akeem. "I'll be right back." She said, her words barely decipherable from the food in her mouth. The kuras tiger flicked his ear as if to acknowledge her, shuffling his paws lazily.

The water magi practically flew to the back door; the happiness from finding Akeem was still in her system. She opened it with a smile, looking down at the grass to see a platypus holding a scroll. "Oh, hello there, little one." April patted its head, grabbing a strip of bacon and feeding it to the creature as she took the scroll. She untied the golden ribbon in excitement; the message must've been from someone important.

She skimmed through the scroll and looked up to see the platypus waddling into the undergrowth. April chuckled to herself and turned to shut the door, but a playful bark from behind her made her stop in her tracks. The water magi turned around slowly, her mouth wide open. Is that who I think it is?!

April turned around to see Kayla and Delilah standing in front of all her missing creatures. Her jaw flew open, wider than it was before, at the sight of all her creatures just magically coming home. So that's what the letter was for...

The magi squealed loudly and dashed into the group of creatures, making sure to greet every single one of them, for the second time. She lead them all back to their proper homes, taking only a few inside with her. "They're home..." April smiled warmly, shutting the door behind her as she stepped into Herbal Grace. "They're finally home."

April gasped for breath as she was pulled underwater, trying to summon a bubble to breathe in but failing. She could feel her body going limp as she was dragged farther under, the surface becoming only a tiny speck of light in the far distance. A scream escaped her throat as a wave washed over, murderous red eyes blinking as if to mock the puny magi...

April screamed, louder than she ever had before. She sat up quickly and breathed small, swift breaths. Her eyes were wide open, heart fluttering in her chest. It was only a nightmare...I'll just get something to drink.

The water magi got up, rubbing her eyes as they adjusted to the dim light. She cast a simple light spell before stepping forward, careful not to disturb any sleeping felines. As April made her way to the kitchen, she made a mental note to grab a kitten on the way back. A snuggle buddy always helped her go back to sleep after a nightmare.

April grabbed a glass and filled it with ice-cold water, drinking it slowly. When she finished, she set it on the cupboard and stared at the darkness in front of her. She didn't want to go back...maybe she should go say hi to Goddess or something. The mermaid's peppy attitude was almost contagious.

She made her way out to the pond, sitting next to the water and casting a special spell. A pale blue light replaced the old; April showed it to the water and peered inside, it was a light that enabled someone to see clearly even in the darkest of waters. Koi darted at the sudden change, leaving pebbles floating lazily in the water in their wake. April smiled, reaching a hand into the water. The temperature was cold; colder than usual. She sat for a moment, thinking of the worst possible situation before shrugging it off - she was probably just being paranoid.

Truth is, April was being everything but paranoid.

She half-shrieked as an all-too-familiar-feeling pulled her underwater, the special light going out on the surface. April flailed, only to find that one of her hands was stuck. To the kelpie that the koi had found a day before. The equine neighed and brushed up against her other hand playfully.

Now April was without oxygen, since she couldn't twirl her fingers for a bubble. She thrashed her legs as the kelpie pulled her deeper, the moonlight soon disappearing. April tried to scream, but nothing came from her mouth. It seemed almost if...

...her nightmares were becoming reality.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~
Spoiler
DUNDUNDUN......
:evil:
. Image Image Image Image Image .
Selling shards 50k/shard or cats/koalas
(Always) LTB winged cats & meowls
Signature & avatar art by Piney
Inspirit
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Herbal Grace KS: Ch. 42 {Lost and Found}

Post by Inspirit »

They are all finally back :hooray: . April sure is happy to see them again.

Bad Kelpie. :srs:

ImageImageImageImageImage
To hatchling only:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=https://magistream.com/creature/15124607][img]https://magistream.com/img/15124607.gif[/img][/url][url=https://magistream.com/creature/15124721][img]https://magistream.com/img/15124721.gif[/img][/url][url=https://magistream.com/creature/15124733][img]https://magistream.com/img/15124733.gif[/img][/url][url=https://magistream.com/creature/15124732][img]https://magistream.com/img/15124732.gif[/img][/url][url=https://magistream.com/creature/15124735][img]https://magistream.com/img/15124735.gif[/img][/url]
Signature art by Fishbone and avatar by gingy
SeaCrest
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeaCrest »

Nonononono! You don't do that! :angry: Bad kelpie!
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunaheart »

I believe the kelpie hatchling just wanted to play...but, it's not really trained the best to play right now, is it? :tard: :headdesk: Bad kelpie! Shm...

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.
Sarge is one of my Keep Guardians along with Durakro.

ImageImage
AT&T Link
Moonpool
CreaturesTrade

Post by Moonpool »

Yay! One of my favorite Author's uploaded again!!! :woo:
LightningRip
CreaturesTrade

Post by LightningRip »

No bad kelpie XD

:smirk: -wonders if Zach saves her- :smirk:
KallenTu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by KallenTu »

Le gaspe!
Zach, save her! D=
SeaCrest
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeaCrest »

He'd better! :P He always seems to be saving her :orly:
freakazoid
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Chapter 43: Oh No, pt. 1

Post by freakazoid »

Thanks for the comments guys, it motivates me to write. :3
Pfft, Zach can't always be there. He lives on the other side of the ocean. xD

Chapter 43: Oh No, pt. 1
Goddess noticed the unusual coldness of the water and went down to investigate, gently pushing the koi aside as she swam. Nothing seemed different, but an eerie silence hung in the air. The creatures in the pond were unusually silent, as if they were mourning something. The mermaid swam to the bottom of the pond, crawling along the sandy depths in search of an answer. What she found was unsettling.

April lay in the distance, her body still. Goddess' eyes widened; she swam over to the magi worriedly, lifting one of her hands up. She could scent kelpie. Oh no, the mermaid, terrified, thought to herself, No, no, no!

A neigh sounded from behind a bed of plants, followed by a foal trotting out next to Goddess. "What have you done?" She scolded the kelpie. "You can't do this!"

Goddess turned away from the horse, ignoring its innocent whinnies and grabbing April's body. "Oh Raznaks, you're heavy!" She grunted as she swam upward. The mermaid broke the surface of the water, sending a shower of droplets everywhere. An abeoth frog looked at her in confusion, its blue scales glistening in the moonlight.

Go get Deathdrop!

The frog croaked in response, bounding off to find someone to help.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~
Spoiler
Ugh, lost inspiration to write about halfway through this chapter, but I don't want to lose it. So I'm making it into two parts, don't hate me.
:P
. Image Image Image Image Image .
Selling shards 50k/shard or cats/koalas
(Always) LTB winged cats & meowls
Signature & avatar art by Piney
KallenTu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Herbal Grace KS: Ch. 43 {Oh No, pt. 1}

Post by KallenTu »

GO FROGGEH! >: D

:aah: