The Forest Kirin----A Stream Story

This section is for any writing set in a world not of your own making, whether it is the Magistream world or any other.

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

WolfWind
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Forest Kirin----A Stream Story

Post by WolfWind »

Talon!

me likes. want moaaaaaaaaaaar!!! D: :evil: :woo:
Moonpool
CreaturesTrade

Post by Moonpool »

Ukko: 1
Shoney: 1/2
Talon: 1
April: 1
Vienne: 1/2
Fern: 1

Y'all aren't gonna make this easy on me are you? :sweat:
moondragon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by moondragon »

Nope :yarly:
Me votes for Talon.
Or, if not, Moonpool. Evil people amuse me.
ImageImageImageImage
DayHawk
CreaturesTrade

Post by DayHawk »

I vote for Talon too!
Leaving for two weeks for exams
Will check in once or twice for trades
But expect little to no activity.
Will be back after the 25th
Sorry for the inconvenience
Moonpool
CreaturesTrade

Post by Moonpool »

Looks like Talon's winning so far...if no one else votes for a character that's already got one vote, I'm going to post the chapter either tomorrow or the day after.
moondragon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by moondragon »

Yay Talon :hooray:
ImageImageImageImage
Moonpool
CreaturesTrade

Post by Moonpool »

Chapter Thirty-Two

After getting owned by a callisto lemur, Talon settled for climbing another tree in search of a whole cluster of bananas. Below, Steppe seemed to be laughing in only the way a kirin could, and he swished his tail back and forth across the ground, sending bits of grass and leaves everywhere and disturbing the Cascara butterflies that had paused to rest there.

"What're you laughing at?" Talon stuck his tongue out at his friend and munched away on a piece of fruit. He paused, however, when he saw the look on Steppe's face.

It was the same look that his Temple dog gave him when it wanted a treat, and Talon groaned. He'd never won a battle with that face yet, and he probably wasn't going to start now. With a sigh, he unpeeled a piece of the delicious fruit and fed it to Steppe, who at the whole thing in two bites.

"You're lucky to have him," Vienne said from her place beside a tree.

Talon looked over his shoulder to see the woman leaning against a tree, Demon winding itself around her feet. He could see that she had gotten noticeably more comfortable around the shaa, and Talon smiled at her. "Yeah, I am. I love him."

Vienne sighed. "It's so rare to find a man who loves his creatures the way you seem to love yours."

"What makes you say that?"

Vienne opened her mouth to speak when Ukko appeared, grinning from ear to ear. The fire and earth magi smiled a the Wind Chosen. Ukko had apparently found a hotel because he was dressed in loose pants with a matching vest that he wore open. Talon could see the very tips of his wings over Ukko's shoulders, and he wondered what the feathers felt like...

"So I found somewhere for us to tuck in."

"Obviously."

Ukko looked at her and smirked. "Obviously, you need to ask Shoney about borrowing some of her hair products. You've got split ends all over the place."

Vienne stood up straight then, and Demon growled at her feet. "Watch it, bird-beak."

"Watch what?" Ukko cocked a brow.

"Hasn't your mother ever told you not to play with fire? Because when you do, you get burned," Vienne said in an overly sweet voice that was dripping with sarcasm. On the word 'burned' she flicked her fingers, and a small fire erupted in the middle of her palm. Clearly, it didn't burn her.

Talon watched the whole scene quietly, resisting the urge to laugh as the two magi sent retorts back and forth to each other. It seemed like Vienne was winning because a faint blush started to creep across Ukko's face. Unable to hold it any more, Talon tossed his head back and laughed.

He didn't remember laughing this much in ages and he felt no signs of being able to stop. Talon laughed so hard that he had to bend over and clutch his knees for support, and when that prove useless, he fell on his back, Steppe chortling a short ways behind him as the kirin finished off the rest of the fruit that Talon had dropped.

Vienne giggled once and tried to cover it up by coughing, and Ukko scowled.

"What're you laughing at?" Ukko snapped, and Talon just laughed harder as he recalled that he'd said the exact same thing to Steppe earlier.

Before he knew it, Ukko was on top of Talon, sending playful punches at any area of skin that he could reach. Talon growled and fought back, wrestling Ukko unto his back.

"Men," Vienne snickered, and launched fireballs at both of their rear ends.

When April woke up, she realized that she wasn't in the same room as before. She bolted upright, gasping for breath and swiped her hair out of her eyes as she waited for her vision to return.

Slowly, her eyes adjusted and April stood up.

There were four other shapes in here with her, and from their large sizes and deep, deep snores, she figured that they were dragons. If she looked hard enough, she could make out the first dragon, when it only appeared to be nothing more than visible air; their was one that looked like a giant clump of earth; one that was suspended in a water bubble, and another that glowed as if it had fire just underneath it's scales.

"Dang it," she whispered. "Just how many dragons are there?"

The earth dragon snorted in it's sleep, sending a gust of wind across the room.

April took a step forward and nearly fell flat on her face; she looked down at her foot and saw that it had an ethereal chain circling it. She was still trapped.

A long time ago, April realized that Ukko wasn't coming for her. She had to get out of her herself, and when she did....she was having dragon steaks when she got back to the Keep. Of course, she'd just make sure she brushed her teeth thoroughly before she went to play with her Celestial dragon.

"Meridium Incantatum," April whispered, concentrating as hard as she could on the ethereal chain.

The chain glowed brighter for a few seconds before shuddering. Nothing else happened.

"Crap," April hissed, wincing when the earth dragon snorted. Eesh, it was a wonder how it's breath didn't start an earthquake.

Suddenly, voices filled the chamber, and April dropped to the ground and curdled into a fetal position, feigning sleep. As the voices got closer, she was able to make out what they were saying, and what she heard caused her to catch her breath.

"....yeah, they made it to the island. Can you believe how stupid they are?"

"They're humans, they're all stupid," another voice chuckled.

Something scraped against the ground, something that sounded suspiciosly like slithering....the naga were back.

"Can you believe they're on the right island?"

"I know right? I wonder what Jac's gonna do to 'em?"

"The same thing he did to that wretched school hopefully. Personally, I hope he sets his dragon on them, teach the beast how to hunt. That way, Moonpool won't be sending us out to do his dirty work," the first voice mused.

April mentally rolled her eyes.

It was just like Ukko to let Talon lead him in the wrong directioin...and their time was almost up....

"Leave the food; the human'll wake up soon enough."

Something was set on the floor, and the voice faded away along with the scraping sound. April pulled herself into a sitting position, eyeing the food carefully. It appeared to be duck, at least it smelled like it. Ugh, what the heck did nagas eat?

Jeesh, she'd rather eat Jerboa rat.
Last edited by Moonpool on July 31st, 2011, 7:48:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moondragon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by moondragon »

:lol: The begining made me laugh! And the end just makes me wonder what's going to happen. Its awesome!! :hooray:
ImageImageImageImage
Que
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Que »

Yay new chapter!

/waits patiently for next chapter

More, must read more...
Because I've heard it said that every mushroom cloud has a silver lining...

(But I'm always undermining too deep to know...)
They/Them.
WolfWind
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by WolfWind »

more please!!!! :woo:

Return to “The Den”