Magiversary 2023:14 Years! New Crystalwings!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magiversary 2023:14 Years!

Post by Airasyraye »

So, why was May 10th chosen? There was like at least half a dozen users in March and April. Even if you don't count admin, I think there were still at least 3 in April, 2009.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Airasyraye wrote:So, why was May 10th chosen? There was like at least half a dozen users in March and April. Even if you don't count admin, I think there were still at least 3 in April, 2009.
The official release of the site is what is considered the Magiversary.
trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

happy Magiversary!!

i joined in 2009, a few months after i'd found Dragon Cave, and Unicreatures. and on a blog site, i had a community for clickable creatures, and i'm pretty sure that's where i found MS!

yaay! :D
Free Critters! message me with which ones you want
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
reading: To Catch a Witch by Heather Blake (#29) | watching: Severance
she/her | discord: trystan830
IFN | dragoncave | trisphee | ravelry | goodreads
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

14 years. It has come to my attention that Magistream has been a part of my life, for more than half my life. :lol:

I'm glad it's lasted so long. <3
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

I've been here since almost the beginning. Crazy. :omg:

Let's hope it's here for another 14 years! :hooray:
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
silentstarelly
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by silentstarelly »

It's wild to realize I've spent more than half of my life playing this game! I joined a few months after the site went up after seeing some of the eggs in other forums. I distinctly remember being really wowed by the phoenix egg and hatchlings. :D I remember when the Kitsunes were released and excitedly staring at the stream and frantically rushing to click when I saw an egg. I also remember someone selling me a pair of Autumn Kirins for a "pretty good" deal - 7.5k total I believe? It was a lot of gold at the time, so a few weeks later when someone was looking to buy them for 15k total, I couldn't resist.
LTS various creatures - PM if you're interested interested!
Unfrozen hatchlings <1% - here
Misc creatures (mostly bred) - here
Hybrid hatchlings (1st gen) - here
Pygmy gemdragons & crystalwings (lowest gen) - here
Grimheart
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Grimheart »

…aaaaaand the server clock strikes twelve!
Happy Magiversary everyone!! The time has come to rush to the stream and greet our new Crystalwings!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

Happy Magiversary :woo:

The new eggs look so pretty, i love the older crystalwings so i have high hopes for these :roll: managed to get a bunch of frozen eggs for my collection but i am so slow at catching them XD. Time to commence throwing gifts at random people >D
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Reima »

Is this where we'd post the critter images?
'Cause I got 2, no, make that 3
And suddenly 4, and 5. Ok you get the gist of it lol

* Female Earth Image Male Earth Image
* Male Water Image Female Water Image
* Female Light Image Male Light Image
* Male Life Image Female Life Image
* Male Air Image Female Air Image
* Female Fire Image Male Fire Image
* Female Void Image Male Void Image

After 1½ hours we've got 'em all boi
The hatchling bundle
These are not in order and the genders go left and right, but hey, images are there for curious people to see~
Last edited by Reima on May 10th, 2023, 1:29:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
Grimheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Grimheart »

Since I arrived early enough, I tried to write up a summary here!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
This year's Crystalwings are Fire/Water/Life/Earth/Air/Light/Void.
Hm, don't these elements remind you of a certain Stream animal?

Remy brewed up this new drink - Taste the Rainbow!
There's a party in your mouth. Literally.
Colorful confetti falls on the screen if you drink it.
Reminds me of Noelinos, 2021 Christmas was my first major event after joining here! Oh the memories!

Like many other of Remy's culinary masterpieces, this too has a chance to offer a surprise:
Oh, great, and a plaque falls on you.
If you check the Tokens tab, you'll find one of these "birthday tokens"(the file names):

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wow, is this...a reference to all past anniversaries and badges? I'm pretty new here so if these has been given out before...but quite touching, really!

But wait, this drink has even more to offer! You also have a chance to get this message:
You almost choke. Everybody looks at you as you cough and gurgle and spit out a cheery ball of hair.

A Prism Fox! Of course the new Crystalwings have the same elements as them. Great to see here!

Meanwhile, I wonder if we'll be able to get Pygmy versions of 2021 Toy Crystalwings anytime soon.
Psst, I would love to be gifted some plushies, by the way...!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”