Report site errors here

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Hellcat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Report site errors here

Post by Hellcat »

Rosehill wrote: December 31st, 2023, 3:01:40 am
Hellcat wrote: December 30th, 2023, 10:48:56 pm I got an error!
Page where the error happened, include URL: https://magistream.com/nab/11-37-6bdc38 ... e2f8ec.png
Timestamp or rough estimate of time including the timezone: 10:45pm EST
Which browser were you using: Google Chrome
What kind of device were you using (mobile, tablet, computer etc.): Laptop
Screenshot if you managed to get one:
Description of what you were doing when you encountered the error: I tried to grab an egg earlier after one of mine hatched but it told me I can't have more than 5 eggs at a time. I thought maybe things were moving slow and it just hadn't registered in the system that my 5th slot was available again but I've tried twice now in the past few minutes and it's still giving me the error. The link attached is the most recent egg I had hoped to grab. I have 4 donation eggs and 4 stream caught eggs, so I believe I should have space for a 5th stream egg? I'm new so I also may be completely misunderstanding that ability to have 9 total eggs at a time [if 4 are from donation]? Thank you for any assistance and/or information you can provide!
Thank you for using the template! :t-swoon:

The way the eggslots operate is that in order to have all 9 slots available, at least the last four need to be donation eggs. So, if you have five live eggs (of any kind), you cannot get more non-donation eggs, but can still get donation creature eggs.

So in your case if you have a total of eight live eggs you can only get a donation creature as your ninth, and in order to be able to get non-donation eggs you'd need to hatch some eggs so that you are down to four or less live eggs total. ^.^
Of course!! The form is so straightforward and easy to use, thank you for giving a way to streamline the information needed for issues!! <3
And thank you so much, that makes way more sense to me now. I can't decide if it's newbie brain not quite grasping everything or if it's just me LOL
So essentially what I should be doing is get 5 stream eggs before buying any others if I want any others, then hatch things out and when there are 3 or 4 total left to go is when I could [in theory] get 1 or 2 more from the stream?
[I'm so sorry if this is annoying/obnoxious, I'm so grateful for you taking the time to answer the report <3]
<3 Current mission [hyperfixation :cool: ] is collecting pairs of parentless canine creatures! <3

Hellcat | Non-Binary | They/Them |
ImageArt shop maybe soon? Just need life to settle more and finish backlog ♥Image

Please Help My Dragons and Creatures If You Can!
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Hellcat wrote: December 31st, 2023, 3:11:01 am So essentially what I should be doing is get 5 stream eggs before buying any others if I want any others, then hatch things out and when there are 3 or 4 total left to go is when I could [in theory] get 1 or 2 more from the stream?
[I'm so sorry if this is annoying/obnoxious, I'm so grateful for you taking the time to answer the report <3]
Yes, exactly! ^.^
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I got an error!
Page where the error happened, include URL: various and sundry
Timestamp or rough estimate of time including the timezone: multiple times over the past 2 weeks
Which browser were you using: Firefox
What kind of device were you using (mobile, tablet, computer etc.): Windows 11 PC
Description of what you were doing when you encountered the error: Various activities

I know the form doesn't help much, so here's my problem: I keep getting logged out in the middle of playing. Sometimes it's when clicking on the click threads, sometimes it's when trying to post a reply to the forums, sometimes it's clicking the Grass Forest or Koi Pond, sometimes I don't notice until I get told I have to log in to do that particular thing. It's so annoying and I just wonder if it's some browser extension or if it's like another site where my ISP insists on switching all its non-commercial users back and forth from IPv4 to IPv6 according to traffic to keep their guaranteed uptime for their commercial customers (they told me themselves that's what they do after said site suggested to turn off IPv6 access and I ended up not being able to surf the net at all the next day). I have a cable connection, not a dynamic IP address (my sister has satellite internet and her browser ads think she's in about 6 different states). I'm wondering, though, if the behind-the-scenes switch between IP versions causes the address to look like it's changed to the authentication script. Thanks for any help you can give me.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

froglady wrote: December 31st, 2023, 3:26:43 pm I got an error!
Page where the error happened, include URL: various and sundry
Timestamp or rough estimate of time including the timezone: multiple times over the past 2 weeks
Which browser were you using: Firefox
What kind of device were you using (mobile, tablet, computer etc.): Windows 11 PC
Description of what you were doing when you encountered the error: Various activities

I know the form doesn't help much, so here's my problem: I keep getting logged out in the middle of playing. Sometimes it's when clicking on the click threads, sometimes it's when trying to post a reply to the forums, sometimes it's clicking the Grass Forest or Koi Pond, sometimes I don't notice until I get told I have to log in to do that particular thing. It's so annoying and I just wonder if it's some browser extension or if it's like another site where my ISP insists on switching all its non-commercial users back and forth from IPv4 to IPv6 according to traffic to keep their guaranteed uptime for their commercial customers (they told me themselves that's what they do after said site suggested to turn off IPv6 access and I ended up not being able to surf the net at all the next day). I have a cable connection, not a dynamic IP address (my sister has satellite internet and her browser ads think she's in about 6 different states). I'm wondering, though, if the behind-the-scenes switch between IP versions causes the address to look like it's changed to the authentication script. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Magistream doesn't authenticate you through IP address, but instead it stores your logged in information in a browser's session which is controlled via browser cookies.

If you have a browser add on or antivirus software that might automatically delete site data, that might cause the logging out.

Another reason could be a wonky magistream site cookie, so I would suggest clearing your cookie and cache information in regards to magistream. Here's instructions for Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cl ... ta-firefox

And lastly seemingly random logging out is done if you come to the site, and your browser's address bar shows the text "?sid=" and then a long string of numbers and letters, be sure to click around the site's pages a couple times so that the "sid" disappears. Sometimes if the "sid" lingers in the address bar and you open e.g. creature links in new tabs, the site logs you out.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Thanks for the fast reply. I know there are various ways of authenticating a session and I'm glad you use session cookies. The other site is a little personal project that I don't think really knows how to use cookies and sessions. But there's another larger site that uses what they call "advanced authentication" that uses both cookies and IP address and I had to click the option on my profile to disable the IP auth to stay logged in.

The only extension I have on FF is SnapLinks (which I've used for years to help with my disabled hand and rollerball mouse) and the ReactJS Developer Tools. I try to keep extensions to a minimum, as I know they cause a lot of problems with conflicts on websites. I will clear my cache and cookies and see if that solves it and be sure to watch for the id hash to go away before browsing around.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

I got an error!
Page where the error happened, include URL: When fishing an egg out of the stream.
Timestamp or rough estimate of time including the timezone: 6:55 PM EST, 01/02/24
Which browser were you using: Chrome
What kind of device were you using (mobile, tablet, computer etc.): Samsung Galaxy S21 (cell phone)
Screenshot if you managed to get one: I hope this link works.
Description of what you were doing when you encountered the error: Catching/freezing eggs.

So this had happened to me before on mobile, during the Halloween event and the Harvest event. I've cleared my browser's cache and deleted cookies, though sometimes I'll still get that message shown in the screenshot. This happens when, after catching eggs from the stream, I go to freeze them. The egg in question still gets frozen, but it tells me it's part of a lineage :lol: Obviously it's not a problem, since the action is still carried out, but I thought it may be helpful to post it here in the event that it happens to someone else and they become concerned.

Please let me know if you can't view the image I've linked to. I don't like the Imgur app, couldn't find a BB code link. I'm just being lazy and don't want to move to my PC, but I'll happily do so to provide info ^_^
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Souless98
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Souless98 »

I got an error!
Page where the error happened, include URL: @Seraphymnal's entire account https://magistream.com/memberlist.php?m ... e&u=391195
Timestamp or rough estimate of time including the timezone: ongoing issue
Which browser were you using: firefox and chrome
What kind of device were you using (mobile, tablet, computer etc.): computer
Description of what you were doing when you encountered the error: when I was touring my friend around the site to introduce him to everything he couldn't post or dm me back- after a quick hunt for rules or references to not posting or dming I didn't find anything so I'm posting here in his stead with his permission. He has full access to all other site functions, just not posting in the forums or dming
LF: psittarx dragons, solar fox, event creatures from between 2016-2019, ratumbidae, event creatures from current event ImageSnap and Crunch say hi~Image 0/25 thanks all! mine/popsicles <--FROZEN EGG GIVEAWAY!! Free frozen eggs, just dm me! (Donations accepted but not needed!)
Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Souless98 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 1:14:36 am I got an error!
Page where the error happened, include URL: @Seraphymnal's entire account https://magistream.com/memberlist.php?m ... e&u=391195
Timestamp or rough estimate of time including the timezone: ongoing issue
Which browser were you using: firefox and chrome
What kind of device were you using (mobile, tablet, computer etc.): computer
Description of what you were doing when you encountered the error: when I was touring my friend around the site to introduce him to everything he couldn't post or dm me back- after a quick hunt for rules or references to not posting or dming I didn't find anything so I'm posting here in his stead with his permission. He has full access to all other site functions, just not posting in the forums or dming
Newly registered users need to make a post (can be anything) in a forum that should be visible to your friend, titled "If you are new you must post here". After that he should automatically be able to post and send private messages. ^_^
Souless98
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Souless98 »

SWAG thank you
LF: psittarx dragons, solar fox, event creatures from between 2016-2019, ratumbidae, event creatures from current event ImageSnap and Crunch say hi~Image 0/25 thanks all! mine/popsicles <--FROZEN EGG GIVEAWAY!! Free frozen eggs, just dm me! (Donations accepted but not needed!)
Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

I was looking through some bestiary entries and noticed the following odd breeding result:

Breeds with the following:
Peryton + Pavo Peryton = Pastel Arkai (Guaranteed) Cost: 3 shards

This unexpected breeding result occurs on the breeding pages for both the peryton and pavo peryton.

Also, the initial release post for the pygmy gemdragons and pygmy crystalwings obtained by crafting says that they will not be able to breed, but the Bestiary says that they all can.

(Incidentally, I like the little note about breeding success. I'm not sure exactly when that was added, but it's helpful.)
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)

Return to “Support and Suggestions”