How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Postby Revan » January 24th, 2023, 9:07:15 pm

So glad my family doesn't use the local chevron gas station. About 5 vehicles that I know of completely broke down shortly after filling up there the other day, and dozens of other people reported engine troubles. Turns out 'surface' water somehow got into the gas at the pumps. D:

I hope for all the unfortunate people whose vehicles suffered damage as a result are able to get compensated by Chevron.

Unrelated, I got to make an impromptu trip out of town tomorrow for tech repair. My computer is making buzzing noises when I try to play any large video games. I think my hard drive might be failing. Or it's coil whine from the cpu. Either one isn't good. :sweat:
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Revan
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association

Postby VilaWolf » January 25th, 2023, 3:37:19 am

Rosehill wrote:
Kestrad wrote:In case any of y'all come here but don't check the announcements, Rosehill just posted this (copied verbatim without formating):

In order to combat the intermittent lag, gateway errors, and overall site performance, we're going to need to take the site down for a maintenance break.

The site will be down starting at January 25th 11AM EST (the time shown at the bottom right corner of the boards). The site will be down for a few hours while we take action behind the scenes. We will keep you updated on the status of the site in case the downtime takes a bit longer than anticipated. During the downtime you will find our status updates over at the official Magistream Twitter https://twitter.com/Magistream and official Magistream facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MagiStream/

And in case you peeps don't check the Site News section for announcements, might be a good idea to start doing so, since, well, all the important announcements are there. XD

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named George. This year; Haunted Chateaus.
VilaWolf
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Postby Real » January 25th, 2023, 3:51:51 am

Chess wrote:Ahhh so cute!! <3 :t-swoon: Is that a chinchilla?

It is. The smallest of my two girls.

Thank you all for the nice words <3
by Saebra
Real
CreaturesTrade
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association

Postby Merkwerkee » January 25th, 2023, 4:00:13 am

VilaWolf wrote:
In order to combat the intermittent lag, gateway errors, and overall site performance, we're going to need to take the site down for a maintenance break.

The site will be down starting at January 25th 11AM EST (the time shown at the bottom right corner of the boards). The site will be down for a few hours while we take action behind the scenes. We will keep you updated on the status of the site in case the downtime takes a bit longer than anticipated. During the downtime you will find our status updates over at the official Magistream Twitter https://twitter.com/Magistream and official Magistream facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MagiStream/

See y'all on the flipside

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Merkwerkee
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association

Postby Revan » January 25th, 2023, 5:15:14 pm

Well, I wish it had been the hard drive or cpu. The power supply is failing. I need to buy a new pc. T_T
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Revan
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby Kestrad » January 25th, 2023, 5:40:56 pm

Revan wrote:Well, I wish it had been the hard drive or cpu. The power supply is failing. I need to buy a new pc. T_T

Power supply sounds way easier to replace than a cpu :orly:

Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Kestrad
CreaturesTrade

Postby Revan » January 25th, 2023, 5:47:23 pm

Kestrad wrote:
Revan wrote:Well, I wish it had been the hard drive or cpu. The power supply is failing. I need to buy a new pc. T_T

Typically yes, but any new power supply would be incompatible with the other parts due to the age of my pc (11 years).
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

Revan
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby Kestrad » January 25th, 2023, 5:59:30 pm

Revan wrote:
Kestrad wrote:

Typically yes, but any new power supply would be incompatible with the other parts due to the age of my pc (11 years).

That's surprising to me! Did the connections change, or is it a physical size issue, or something else? Also you probably can still obtain older power supply designs? Like perhaps not 11 years old, but maybe from the last 3-4 years?

Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Kestrad
CreaturesTrade

Postby Revan » January 25th, 2023, 6:49:29 pm

Don't know. I'll have to look. I unfortunately don't know all that much about computer parts. I only know this is the second tech in the past year that has told me my computer is becoming/now is 'an expensive paperweight.' :sweat:

EDIT Hmm...I may be in luck. Someone on my FB mentioned a local guy. He said anything is replaceable, he wants to look at it to confirm it's the power supply. Won't have an opening until the weekend though.
He's pricy, but if he can fix it instead of me having to buy a new one, it saves me a huge bundle. Fingers crossed!
Last edited by Revan on January 25th, 2023, 8:46:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

Revan
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby SirChicken » January 25th, 2023, 7:04:19 pm

Spent the whole day animating :splat: Now I'm tired :t-sleep:
Please help my babies grow C:
ImageImage
SirChicken
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

PreviousNext

Return to Community Discussion