Wildlife

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Re: Wildlife

Postby Brynmala » November 27th, 2021, 4:12:28 am

The other day when we were out (horse) riding we saw a buzzard - not particularly unusual in itself, but this one was sitting in a tree next to the road eating its lunch. We got within about 20 yards before the noise we were making (metal horse shoes on tarmac) scared it away. It flew away transferring its meal from beak to claw as it flew. An amazing sight, and I'm always awed by just how big these birds are.

We also saw a deer - a Chinese water deer rather than the more usual muntjac, judging by the size (both are invasive species which are spreading after 19th century and subsequent escapes from a wildlife park some 30 miles away) - which was running around in a field. There was a guy with binoculars watching it who said something had spooked it out of the hedge, then it had taken further fright at him standing there, then at us on the other side of the hedge. It wasn't having a good day!
Thank you to everyone who gifted me :)
Image "Just one small aubergine..."

RIP Phoebe (avatar cat) - 1995 - 2nd June 2012

nice ninjas?

Mine:
Sitting:

For Sale, Gender swap PM me to discuss.
Brynmala
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association

Re: Wildlife

Postby Silenxia » July 22nd, 2022, 11:24:36 pm

So a few days ago, we found out that a pair of foxes have moved into a small wooded area behind my house and a high school. We have seen them a few times, mostly in the morning and evening and so far they have stayed by the trees. But while it is neat to see them since foxes are aloof in my State, I don't see them real often that is, the place is not a good place for them to be. We have kids and dogs. The nearby apartment has small dogs, I have a Chihuahua, and my neighbor has several small dogs.

You can guess that this is an accident waiting to happen.
See Wishlist in Profile

ImageImage
Silenxia
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association

Previous

Return to Hall of Speakers