Crafting and Hobbies

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Re: Crafting and Hobbies

Postby Ayakashi » June 4th, 2021, 11:53:39 am

Not sure if anyone's interested, but I made a quick video on how I make feathered butterflies. I usually put them in shadowboxes at the end, but didn't have one big enough for this particular butterfly. Link to the video is in my profile.
ImageImageImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
Ayakashi
CreaturesTrade
MD Moderator
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association

Postby Nommers » June 9th, 2021, 11:48:51 am

It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally pulling myself out of a pretty long depression spell... so I'm sort of rediscovering my hobbies. Also, after moving a bunch of times, I'm now in the process of replacing a lot of lost collections and whatnot. I need a new bookshelf actually since I've been picking up books left and right lately! I'm in the middle of rereading the Sookie Stackhouse series. I'm also in the very beginning of crocheting a baby blanket for a friend who is due in October. I haven't crocheted since like 2012, but it's awesome getting to go on youtube and watch tutorials. I never thought to do that when I was younger so everything I made was... not great lol On top of that, I have a couple of cookbooks that I'm trying to cook through. I feel like I'm a good cook, but I want to be great! So I'm cooking through the official D&D cookbook, and then I found the Necronomnomnom which is Lovecraft inspired (and I LOVE it). I have a Thai cookbook as well, but it intimidates me and I don't have nearly any of the ingredients I need haha I'm also able to garden for the first time in years, so I started herbs in the spring. Cilantro, Parsley, Chives, Rosemary, and Thyme, as well as cat grass and Catnip. I usually don't try to grow flowers, but I did find some Lily of the Valley that I'm trying out. My more neglected hobbies are my paint by diamond kit that I've been sloooowly working on for months, and I have an electric drum kit that I desperately want to learn to play but I haven't made a lot of progress. My motivation to DO things is coming back, however, so I know I'll jump back on that horse eventually. I really don't even do these things a lot currently, but I'm getting back into it and that makes me happy.
mornië utúlië - mornië alantië
the darkness has come -darkness has fallen
believe and you will find your way
Nommers
CreaturesTrade

Postby BradTheMad » June 10th, 2021, 6:54:28 am

Nommers wrote:It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally pulling myself out of a pretty long depression spell... so I'm sort of rediscovering my hobbies.

That's great to hear! Always nice when the black cloud lifts an you feel like actually doing stuff again ^.^

That Necronomnomnom sounds like fun and definitely something for me to check out. I also own the Elder Scrolls and Star Wars cookbooks and they are pretty cool. Not much of a kitchen prince but I do enjoy it once in a while.
Meddle not in the affairs of Decepticons
for you are squishy and make really funny noises when violently deactivated.
BradTheMad
CreaturesTrade
HS Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood

Previous

Return to Hall of Speakers