What can be done?

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.

What can be done?

Postby CinnaminDraconna » July 25th, 2022, 3:16:25 pm

What can be done?

The site has been having problems for months now.. my research shows the first report was on Nov 15, 2021.

Report site errors here - starts on page 476, Nov 15, 2021 to present
Cloudflare Issues... - Nov 18, 2021
Bad Gateway issue - Dec 17, 2021
Recent site issues..... - Dec 24, 2021
plus a couple from early 2022

That's 8 months.

What can we do to help? Does the site need money? I'll gladly donate to help resolve this issue.

I've tried not to nag, whine or complain.. but after it took me over an hour to breed one egg successfully (with 2 other fails), I felt I needed to say 'something'.

What is the cause anyway? Hardware? Software? 'Global Warming?' :P
Sure would be nice to get back to normal.
Wishlist in Profile
Free lineaged creatures available - see my Lineage Freebies tab
Old gaming things for sale see profile
CinnaminDraconna
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association

Re: What can be done?

Postby wystearya » July 25th, 2022, 5:16:36 pm

I myself have only been active again in the past two weeks after a very long break. So, my opinion is probably not worth much.

That said, I do have to agree. If some extra donations are needed to fix the problems, I would be willing to chip in also.

I came back here mostly because another site I had been playing on was dying. Problems kept piling up with no fixes in sight. I really do not want to see Magistream end up as a defunct site barely hanging on. I think more people would play if the site errors were not so frequent. It does put a huge damper on the experience when images won't load, or it takes ages for a page to come up. I don't want something that needs fixed to make this site go downhill and eventually fail.

Is some open discussion an option? I think that if members knew there was something, anything, being done or considered it would be helpful. Lack of information could easily keep people from donating. Why spend money on a website that isn't being taken care of? And if no donations come in, I am sure it wouldn't take long for things to get much worse.

I hope I don't sound too pessimistic. I am just coming from seeing another old site I used to spend real money on go down the tubes. It's heartbreaking to see. If at all possible, I would like Magistream to escape a similar fate.

(Edited for spelling error.)
Image Image Image Image
wystearya
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association

Postby CinnaminDraconna » August 5th, 2022, 12:23:33 pm

*bump*
Wishlist in Profile
Free lineaged creatures available - see my Lineage Freebies tab
Old gaming things for sale see profile
CinnaminDraconna
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby wystearya » August 15th, 2022, 7:16:00 pm

Silence is golden?

I was hoping to see a little update or information.
Image Image Image Image
wystearya
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Return to Support and Suggestions