Tabletop RPG Guild (5e, etc)

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Icethornstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Tabletop RPG Guild (5e, etc)

Post by Icethornstar »

Welcome to the TTRPG Guild!
Let's discuss tabletop roleplaying games! Whether you've played one session of 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons or you're a seasoned Warhammer 40K player, you've come to the right place :t-wave: Here, you can talk about new systems that you're interested in, things that happened in your last session, ideas for your own games, etc!

Rules
1) Follow Magistream Rules
2) Be kind and respectful- don't trash talk!
3) Don't be super graphic!

If you'd like to join, you can fill out the form below:

Code: Select all

:t-pirate:[b] I'd like to be a tabletop tomato[/b]

[b]What name you go by:[/b]
[b]Favorite systems:[/b]
[b]Combat or RP?:[/b]
[b]Favorite class:[/b]
[b]A character you've played before and a bit about them:[/b]
Members
Spoiler
Last edited by Icethornstar on October 29th, 2023, 10:47:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Icethornstar
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Tabletop RPG Guild (5e, etc)

Post by Icethornstar »

I'm reserving this post! + here's my form

:t-pirate: I'd like to be a tabletop tomato

What name you go by: Ice
Favorite systems: Monsterhearts 2e (pbta is my beloved)
Combat or RP?: RP all the way! I don't really like combat as anything other than a narrative device!
Favorite class: For classic tabletop, paladin! They're so flavorful ^_^
A character you've played before and a bit about them: My profile pic is my current OC obsession, Mara. She's my Monsterhearts ghoul/jiangshi who's the most toxic girlfailure you'll ever meet :t-^_^: She feeds on destruction (physical or emotional) to stay alive!
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

What name you go by: faedemon or charlie!
Favorite systems: don't have favorites yet—still feeling everything out
Combat or RP?: roleplay, but i love a good bit of exciting combat
Favorite class: no favorite because i like different things for different characters
A character you've played before and a bit about them: right now i'm playing a "human" sorcerer named vik'tree! they're a little level 2 idiot and my most darling character at the moment
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
PhoenixSolblade
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PhoenixSolblade »

What name you go by: Phoenix
Favorite systems: Dunno that I have a favorite, think I've only tried 5e but I like the sound of ones like from the Old/New World of Darkness games
Combat or RP?: RP, combat you can find in games but the ability to RP with other people can't be beat
Favorite class: I'm a sucker for Monk
A character you've played before and a bit about them: Speaking of hehe, a character from a friend's campaign that is sadly on hiatus is Ghara, an orc monk that follows the Way of the Long Death. Cast out from her mercenary company due to an incident that awakened her further abilities, she wanders the land in search of her former master.
Last edited by PhoenixSolblade on October 23rd, 2023, 6:20:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage The gathering of small phoenixes approaches you! They seem to be beckoning you to a nearby hatchery/hatchling daycare. Their multicolored flames mingle prettily as they fly around your head, enticing you to stick around for a while. ImageImageImageImage
Thank you to all my gifters! :t-swoon:
PhoenixSolblade
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

By the way, I'm unfamiliar with Monsterhearts, would you be able to tell me more about it Ice? ^.^

Also curious about the "human" part of your character faedemon :)
ImageImageImageImageImage The gathering of small phoenixes approaches you! They seem to be beckoning you to a nearby hatchery/hatchling daycare. Their multicolored flames mingle prettily as they fly around your head, enticing you to stick around for a while. ImageImageImageImage
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

PhoenixSolblade wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 8:49:24 pmAlso curious about the "human" part of your character faedemon :)
vik'tree is actually a changeling! but the other party members don't know that... yet. vik'tree isn't out for evil or anything, just keeping it a secret since it's personal. i love playing a character with a bit of deception to them, it's fun :smirk:
PhoenixSolblade
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Very cool, it's fun when characters have their own little secrets, malicious or not. Makes them so much more real :t-^_^:

...annnd I just realized that I put the name of my BG3 character instead of my dnd character on my introduction post lol, whoops. :wat:
Icethornstar
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icethornstar »

PhoenixSolblade wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 8:49:24 pm By the way, I'm unfamiliar with Monsterhearts, would you be able to tell me more about it Ice? ^.^

Also curious about the "human" part of your character faedemon :)
Monsterhearts is about being a monster in like Regular Society (could be low or high magic) and all the messy angst and drama that comes along with it! It's based on the Powered by the Apocalypse system, which is a d6 system (as opposed to a d20 one like D&D) that's really roleplay focused. I really like PbtA because there's so much support for roleplaying- for example, there's usually a magic-based stat and you can do SO MUCH stuff as long as your DM allows it (scrying, making portals, summoning things, etc).

It lines up perfectly with stuff I like (urban fantasy but based in reality, RP heavy, lots of support, etc) so I personally love it!

Also! What was the Incident with Ghara??
faedemon wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 9:12:42 pm
PhoenixSolblade wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 8:49:24 pmAlso curious about the "human" part of your character faedemon :)
vik'tree is actually a changeling! but the other party members don't know that... yet. vik'tree isn't out for evil or anything, just keeping it a secret since it's personal. i love playing a character with a bit of deception to them, it's fun :smirk:
Omg!!! That's awesome, changeling is such a great choice! What form does she like taking the most & how does she feel about her changeling form?
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

Icethornstar wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 8:02:40 pm Omg!!! That's awesome, changeling is such a great choice! What form does she like taking the most & how does she feel about her changeling form?
they're currently a human, but they've been a bunch of things in the past—mostly, they change faces out of necessity, whenever they get into trouble and need to be someone new. they're kind of stuck in their current form though because they got a job with their current party! vik'tree doesn't think much about being a changeling, it's just how life is for them, although they do have trouble forming lasting bonds with people

yes, Phoenix, do tell us more about Ghara!!
Icethornstar
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icethornstar »

faedemon wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 9:10:44 pm
Icethornstar wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 8:02:40 pm Omg!!! That's awesome, changeling is such a great choice! What form does she like taking the most & how does she feel about her changeling form?
they're currently a human, but they've been a bunch of things in the past—mostly, they change faces out of necessity, whenever they get into trouble and need to be someone new. they're kind of stuck in their current form though because they got a job with their current party! vik'tree doesn't think much about being a changeling, it's just how life is for them, although they do have trouble forming lasting bonds with people
oh no!! i hope that they'll make friends and grow attached to people in the party! what all has happened your game so far?

also do you have art/a picrew of their current form at all?

Return to “Guilds Quarter”